• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck TF2 is so good :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Christ, how late am I on this, when did this release? Someone necro the OT or something for me, goddamm.

Aselith

Question about the Oblivion deal. I tried to buy the game of the year deluxe version and it said I own it already but I think I just have the regular game of the year or maybe even just vanilla. Will it let you buy these versions if you just have the vanilla game?

Edit: Nevermind. I did buy the GOTY deluxe version. :D Decadence, I has it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
There are only two pages in the community forum. I'd guess they deleted or archived the older threads.
A bit late, but no, they do not. You have your settings set to defalut, which most likely is something like "Don't show topics more then 3 months old", just set the "Default Thread Age Cut Off" in options to "Show all treads" (Or you could use one of the other options too)

vocab

sn00zer said:
Got 2 hours into Darksiders..... wtf....this game is like Zelda....but its not boring.... so far combat is fun (big plus) and its opening up (big plus) oh and it runs damn near 60 fps all the time on my "middle-line" comp (8800 2GB RAM 2.66 Core Duo) at 1680*1050 (mega plus)

Ya, it's better than I initially thought from the awful demo experience I had. The stutter aka streaming load is obnoxious as hell, but the game is enjoyable enough to bear with it. The only thing that really holds this game back on the PC is the lack of graphic options. The game look decent in some places, and flat out bad in some.

Juice

Alright, I finally gave in and bought one. I got `Grand Ages: Rome GOLD`.

My irrational love of all things Rome was too much to resist.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I thought if you bought GTA Complete, it lumps it all into one reasonable file. Instead, it's downloading a 15GB and a 16GB file for both IV and EFLC. That's ridiculous.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Cipherr said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck TF2 is so good :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Christ, how late am I on this, when did this release? Someone necro the OT or something for me, goddamm.
Dude, the TF2 GAF community is still active and kicking. We have a server, check out the Community thread.

KuroNeeko

If a game (Oblivion) shows up as unavailable in my region when viewed through my Steam application, but appears for sale when I check the store via the web (logged in) can I buy it via web browser and then play it?

Bought the game on the 360 and liked it but it became unplayable when my custom rogue hit the mid-teens. Always wanted to finish it with my own character (without having to worry about leveling skills manually) and had heard that the game is playable with mods.

If not, that's cool, I still have NWN2 to play.

Salsa

Cipherr said:

welcome my friend

Papa

Banned
DoR8l.png

What are these two?

Mutagenic said:
I thought if you bought GTA Complete, it lumps it all into one reasonable file. Instead, it's downloading a 15GB and a 16GB file for both IV and EFLC. That's ridiculous.

Like everything else regarding GTA 4 on PC, it is completely convoluted. Why do I have to be signed in to 3 different services just to play the game? Why did it take 45 minutes of registering and signing in before I could even play the game the first time? Who comes up with this shit? How is this the best idea they could come up with?

I know Take 2, and to a lesser extent Rockstar, have been having a lot of trouble staying profitable. There are obviously huge problems in their managerial positions. The people actually doing the hard work on their games are brilliant. GTA4 and RDR are a testament to that. But the people above them are running these companies into the ground. They will also be the last people to lose their jobs.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Three different services? So it'll ask me to install other programs during the game installation process and I have no choice but to say yes in order to run GTAIV?

markot

Banned
Mutagenic said:
Three different services? So it'll ask me to install other programs during the game installation process and I have no choice but to say yes in order to run GTAIV?
Have to install GFWL, and there is a Rockstar Social club thingymachigga.... and I guess Steam too >.<

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Any US GAF want to gift me Black Ops and I'll shoot em the money back, it's $40 cheaper on Steam that way.

Bebpo said:
What was the end word on the Grand Ages Rome games? Worth the $4?
Also waiting on the verdict on this. :lol The game's already on my cart, but I'm somewhat hesitant.

And if anyone would be kind enough to clarify, what are the differences between the Grand Ages: Rome games and Imperium Romanum? (currently at 2 bucks).

markot

Banned
Um, Direct2Drive.com has a sale on, 25% off if you spend more then 50 and use the coupon code.

And its steamworks so you can buy it at that store and use Steam to download it and tie it to you account >.<

Bebpo

Banned
You know a game is low-key or totally iffy if even GAF doesn't have a single person talking about it :lol

At least there was like 1 post about Hegemony :p

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
markot said:
Um, Direct2Drive.com has a sale on, 25% off if you spend more then 50 and use the coupon code.

And its steamworks so you can buy it at that store and use Steam to download it and tie it to you account >.<

Error: Call of Duty®: Black Ops is Country restricted on your IP.

:/

Bebpo said:
You know a game is low-key or totally iffy if even GAF doesn't have a single person talking about it :lol

At least there was like 1 post about Hegemony :p
:lol

Toma has it, but he's currently offline and last I saw him on Steam he was downloading it. Let's hope he posts some impressions before the deal ends tomorrow, to avoid a leap of faith.

If not, there's always Children of the Nile. :D(also on cart)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bebpo said:
What was the end word on the Grand Ages Rome games? Worth the $4?
It does have a demo :lol

I gave Phillip of Macedon a try. Didn't particularly stand out, compared to the dozens of other Total War like titles.

ZoddGutts

Decided to buy GTA4 Pack. Already owned GTA4 on the PS3 which I didn't care much for but I heard the episodes are better than the Vanilla game.

Petrie

Banned
Does anyone who uses a 360 pad with Steam (for TF2, L4D, etc) know if there's a way I can get the voice chatter within the game to come through the headset? It picks up my voice just fine, but the other players voices still come through the pc speakers, and I'd definitely prefer they not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom