• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
filipe said:
I was looking at gameplay footage, and I still can't figure out why everyone's getting hard over Bloodlines :\.
I got the game myself and put 15 hrs into the game and I dont understand the hype myself neither. The game is buggy, combat is clunky, and the exploration is confusing. Dont kill me GAF. :lol

The best part was the
haunted mansion

edit: I admit though, the game is older and expected to play as an older game. I mean its not a bad game, but i dont understand the gaf hype.

SNIKT!

ARGH! Pulled the trigger on L4D2 and Oblivion deluxe.
Now I'm staring at Hot Pursuit in my cart. I know I'll fucking love the damn game, but it would be the first I've bought over 15 bucks.
Anybody with their own impressions on Need for Speed? Doesn't seem to be much talk about it. (in here at least) Is it a must own? Looks fun as hell to me.
Thanks for the tip on that D3doverrider program, this is amazing!
I'd like to pad my friends list as well...

Edit: Just checked and I have four steam friends it looks like. :(
Will you be my friend Gaf?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970831649

Shaneus

SNIKT! said:
ARGH! Pulled the trigger on L4D2 and Oblivion deluxe.
Now I'm staring at Hot Pursuit in my cart. I know I'll fucking love the damn game, but it would be the first I've bought over 15 bucks.
Anybody with their own impressions on Need for Speed? Doesn't seem to be much talk about it. (in here at least) Is it a must own? Looks fun as hell to me.
Thanks for the tip on that D3doverrider program, this is amazing!
I'd like to pad my friends list as well...

Edit: Just checked and I have four steam friends it looks like. :(
Will you be my friend Gaf?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970831649
If you don't have to have it *right now*, these guys have gotten some good feedback and are even cheaper than Steam. Uses the EA downloader though :/

Blizzard said:
Nah, but thanks. To make up for suggesting something horrible about Chiggs, the next person who responds and knows what technical project I've been making (and posting updates about on NeoGAF) gets a $5 game/pack of their choice.
360 chatpad drivers for Windows.

Blizzard said:
Nah, but thanks. To make up for suggesting something horrible about Chiggs, the next person who responds and knows what technical project I've been making (and posting updates about on NeoGAF) gets a $5 game/pack of their choice.

Metallica!

SNIKT!

Shaneus said:
If you don't have to have it *right now*, these guys have gotten some good feedback and are even cheaper than Steam. Uses the EA downloader though :/

Hmmm... I think I'd rather pay the extra just to not use the EA downloader. Thanks for the heads up though, appreciate it. Have you played it? Thanks to MotormouthX and InertiaXr, I now have SIX friends! :D

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
CrookedRain said:
360 chatpad drivers for Windows.

Why am I 5 minutes too late when I actually know the answer. Why, Why?

Oh I remember, because I was playing CivCity :lol

Toma said:
Why am I 5 minutes too late when I actually know the answer. Why, Why?

Oh I remember, because I was playing CivCity :lol
I was reading from the last post up and saw that post and figured "Wow, someone has to have answered that by now...". Guess not. :lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
CrookedRain said:
I was reading from the last post up and saw that post and figured "Wow, someone has to have answered that by now...". Guess not. :lol

Same here. But I actually found someone who answered it before me :lol
;_;

Blizzard said:
I think you're conveniently already on my friends list, so just PM what $5 game(s) you want, or announce it here if you want to brag to everyone. :p
I think I'll go with the Indie Future Pack since it's one of few packs in which I don't have any games and I have some good memories of playing Uplink at a friend's house back when it came out. Thanks Blizzard!

Toma

shintoki said:
Downloading demos for both Phillip and Rome, Gonna give each a try. But it's looking like nothing for me today.
Have I already talked you into CivCity? If not you might want to consider that (1$). Impressions are linked a few posts up.

Blizzard

Banned
CrookedRain said:
I think I'll go with the Indie Future Pack since it's one of few packs in which I don't have any games and I have some good memories of playing Uplink at a friend's house back when it came out. Thanks Blizzard!
I already own Uplink, and I seem to recall trying one of those other games and not liking it much (Twin Sector), but fine, I bought the pack anyway, for myself. :( $4 for four mediocre games isn't bad, worst case!

oh I also bought it for you

Maddness

SNIKT! said:
Hmmm... I think I'd rather pay the extra just to not use the EA downloader. Thanks for the heads up though, appreciate it. Have you played it? Thanks to MotormouthX and InertiaXr, I now have SIX friends! :D

I'm also on the fence about NFS! But knowing other people who have it would definitely push me into getting it.

Also I'll friend you!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Toma said:
Have I already talked you into CivCity? If not you might want to consider that (1$). Impressions are linked a few posts up.
I've been ignoring your impressions for CivCity since I've seen you post/or mention them more than half a dozen times already. And it's Grand Ages:Rome, The current Daily Deal, not CivCity Rome.

*shrug* :lol

Toma

shintoki said:
I've been ignoring your impressions for CivCity since I've seen you post/or mention them more than half a dozen times already.

*shrug* :lol

But why? :(
Anyway, sorry to bother you =P

*Sigh*

Bought Oblivion. Between Mass Effect 1/2, Dragon Age: Origins Collection, and now this, I don't think I"ll ever finish these games with the 30+ non-rpg unfinished on Steam already.

SNIKT!

Maddness said:
I'm also on the fence about NFS! But knowing other people who have it would definitely push me into getting it.

Also I'll friend you!

"MADDNESS?!?" :lol
Hey, thanks for the add my friend!
Thanks also goes out to tomalexi, Silver-Silence, and Ch1ggs! High fives all around!
Soooo... anytime you hot pursuit owners wanna convince me to spend more money I don't really have, feel free!

JDS 1977

Banned
I need some Steam pals. I don't really play online, but I like seeing what others are playing or recommending. I'm sure that makes me a very weird minority but whatever I guess.

My steam acct name is JasonDelaney

JDS 1977 said:
I need some Steam pals. I don't really play online, but I like seeing what others are playing or recommending. I'm sure that makes me a very weird minority but whatever I guess.

My steam acct name is JasonDelaney

Weird minority.

I'll add you.

EDIT: Oh, I already have you on there.

KPJZKC

Throw an add my way too people, I only have 3 "steam friends" :p

(I'm completely new to posting on neogaf - lurk lurk lurk)

EDIT - forgot this part - steam account is Kitrich

I'm having a strange problem that I've never encountered. I bought the Deluxe Oblivion pack and I wondered why the game only takes up five gigs(The Witcher was 14+) so I figured I should check it's downloadable content since they may be a separate download(this is a good thing). The strange thing is that it does not show any downloadable content in the store either.

Anyone?

JDS 1977

Banned
Cool. Thanks for the invites. I am weird like that. I'm the guy who loves MMO's too sometimes but mostly solos and people watches and stuff like that.

smurfx

get some go again
hey guys if i buy gta 4 on amazon.com can i then activate it on steam instead of having to download it through amazon.com?

SolarPowered said:
I'm having a strange problem that I've never encountered. I bought the Deluxe Oblivion pack and I wondered why the game only takes up five gigs(The Witcher was 14+) so I figured I should check it's downloadable content since they may be a separate download(this is a good thing). The strange thing is that it does not show any downloadable content in the store either.

Anyone?
5GB is fine.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Finally bit on GTA IV. I don't know if my system will run it decently or not, but I figured I may as well try it out for $10 since it comes with the episodic stuff too. I kind of wish the Episodes didn't take up another 16GB after downloading 15GB for just the original game.

Chiggs

Gold Member
SolarPowered said:

Anyone?

It's because Oblivion only has Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean and two voice actors, and they just have them say every single word in the script and mix and match depending on the conversation.

chixdiggit

Having a hard time deciding between NFS Hot Pursuit for $30 or NFS: Shift for $15. I love the Burnout games but a more arcade version of Forza/GT sounds like a fun change of pace. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom