• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

So guys, any good adventure games to recommend over this New Year weekend? Preferably an indiana jones like aventure with epic soundtrack, etc

I just bought the Lucas arts adventure pack and the Monkey Island remakes. Didn't really like the ME ones though- way too much talking involved

JDS 1977

Banned
I tried the demo for GREED thinking it had to be better than Space Siege ( which I got for like 3$ at some point retail) , but it seemed really boring and you could only try out one character anyway. I like looking for the sub 5$ games looking for hidden gems but I don't think this one qualifies.

JDS 1977

Banned
Gibbo said:
So guys, any good adventure games to recommend over this New Year weekend? Preferably an indiana jones like aventure with epic soundtrack, etc

I just bought the Lucas arts adventure pack and the Monkey Island remakes. Didn't really like the ME ones though- way too much talking involved

The Longest Journey 9.99 on Steam or like $6 on GOG.

darkpaladinmfc said:
5GB is fine.
For all of the DLC and the regular game?

Somehow I doubt that...
Chiggs said:
It's because Oblivion only has Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean and two voice actors, and they just have them say every single word in the script and mix and match depending on the conversation.
This would be funny if my question were answered by now.

Edit:
Apparently all of the DLC and the regular game somehow amount to five gigs. I don't know what kind of voodoo was used for that, but I'm okay with it as long as I have all of my stuff.

smurfx

get some go again
anybody have an extra copy of gta 4 they want to gift me? i'll gift you back a 5 dollar game. i also have half life 2 to gift.

JDS 1977 said:
I tried the demo for GREED thinking it had to be better than Space Siege ( which I got for like 3$ at some point retail) , but it seemed really boring and you could only try out one character anyway. I like looking for the sub 5$ games looking for hidden gems but I don't think this one qualifies.

Do you have Shatter or Toki Tori yet?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, Oblivion is tempting, but I didn't particularly enjoy Morrowind (what ten hours I played of it), and I'm currently really digging The Witcher, so....pass.
Europa Unversalis looks interesting though, and at a good price.

Rufus

SolarPowered said:
For all of the DLC and the regular game?
Yes. It really could be the relative lack of lots and lots of unique dialogue (and blurry textures, maybe).

Keep in mind there's two different editions, the GOTY and the GOTY Deluxe, which has even more DLC in it, although I don't know how big the latter is. (Yes, I know it's stupid.)

Ryu

Special thanks to Dambrosi for all the help with procuring a copy of Singularity from the UK for 15. Thank you very much for the help!

Also special thanks for those of you who sent friend requests to help out, really appreciate the offers!

Volcynika said:
Though it has been a weekend deal before. I'm not sure about the daily deals (they only started that last year), I'd have to look back.

It's all good. Thanks though. Is there really a lot of people on the paid version? Seems like it'd be easier to just stick with the free one.

hlhbk

To bad GTA 4 is STILL horribly optimised and still runs like crap after my recent computer rebuild. My specs are:

Intel Core I7 950 3.0 GHZ
ATI Radeon 5850
OCZ 4 GB PC 1600 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Any guides to run this game smoothly with the graphic options turned up? There is no reason with my specs I should be getting bad performance.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
I keep looking at the the Indie Fright Pack. What is everyone's opinion on The Void and The Path? I've heard everything from "must play art games" to "absolute garbage". The concepts of the games sound cool, but I fear the execution is going to be frustrating or buggy (something something Eastern European developers)

I know, I know it's only $5, but as a college student, $5 is a lot to spend on stuff I'll never play, and if all the other small indie games in my library are any indication, I doubt I'll have time to play much of the other 3 games to begin with :lol

NameIess

Great thread! I picked up Kane & lynch 2 for a steal and the game is not bad at all.
I really like the gritty style and story line of the game good stuff for a phenomenal price...

hlhbk said:
To bad GTA 4 is STILL horribly optimised and still runs like crap after my recent computer rebuild. My specs are:

Intel Core I7 950 3.0 GHZ
ATI Radeon 5850
OCZ 4 GB PC 1600 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Any guides to run this game smoothly with the graphic options turned up? There is no reason with my specs I should be getting bad performance.

You cant run GTA4 at max settings. For reference, most of the slider settings for the console version of GTA4 are in the teens. So is the framerate.

sn00zer

Got 2 hours into Darksiders..... wtf....this game is like Zelda....but its not boring.... so far combat is fun (big plus) and its opening up (big plus) oh and it runs damn near 60 fps all the time on my "middle-line" comp (8800 2GB RAM 2.66 Core Duo) at 1680*1050 (mega plus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom