• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
At 5$ yes, the flaws can be overlooked.

OH FUCK THAT ACTIVATION LIMIT I OWN THE GAME AND I AM PROBABLY FUCKING CLOSE IF THEY PULL THAT CRYSIS SHIT.
:lol aw man. i just checked, and it seems like the activation limit has been removed.

cicero

JudgeN said:
Its odd why isn't Clear sky part of the stalker bundle? Its like this on all other DD services as well, must be the red headed step game of the series.
Would be nice if the individual games were dropped in price as well, like the Hitman games in the Hitman Pack@!# I dislike buying games twice and not even being able to gift the extras.

good deals good deals

Getting stalker and Far cry 2 for sure. Others i already own. But those C&C deals are tempting me. I'd like it if the expansions were bundled up for 5 bucks each

JoeBoy101

1-D_FTW said:
Do the Star Wars games run on modern OSes? I never played the originals, but I know they're considered classics.

Far Cry 2 is so polarizing. The people saying it's shit make points I know I'll agree with. But the fact I'm typing this means I'll probably cave anyways.:lol

Its got issues, but its environment is worth the $5 to experience.

Son of a bitch. I've been waiting this whole time hoping that Farcry 2 would go on sale for $5. And now that it has they have the Stalker bundle on sale for the same price. What to do? What to do? I cant decide. Why Gabe? Why? Wwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy?!?!?

Two questions:

1. Can someone from the relevant region gift me VtM:B? PM me.

2. I love RTSs but I've not played a C&C game since Generals in 2003. And my exposure to the C&C series has been pretty low, really. What should I do? I'd like to jump in, but I don't know what to buy or where to start. I'd rather not spend more than $5-$15 on C&C stuff.

slamskank

Amazing day. Bought Stalker CoP (already had chernobyl) and the jk pack. Everyone who doesn't have hitman blood money should buy it, if not the entire pack if even remotely interested.

VALIS

I recently bought all the C&C's on Steam because they were 25% off and I didn't think they were going any lower. Considering I've beat all of them (except 4) 1-3 times already and this was just a repurchase for Steam convenience, fuck me.

I love all the modern C&C's. Nah, they're not as good as Relic RTSes, for example, but they're pretty damn fun and over the top.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dice said:
Stay away from Hitman games. Total garbage on PC.
Dice said:
NO

The rest are good.

tumblr_ldr3o3u2xo1qbym9isl.gif

Are you fucking high or something?

The real gem here is hiding on the indie games page. If you have a few friends to play it with Madballs is an absolute blast. Co-op campaign, tons of multiplayer modes, unlockable weapons and abilities, and a mode where you build a map with other players to play online with instantly.

It's like an adorable top-down version of Quake.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dude, the first two don't even support good resolutions and they all have the shittiest control concept for KB/M and that is the only option you get.

Dice said:

Do not listen to this man, there's a reason this series was succesful

Also that Stalker Bundle is amazing for anyone that doesn't own those games yet

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Visualante said:
Pains me to turn my nose up at Crysis, Anno and Far Cry 2 over TAGES/Securom. But Hitman Blood Money makes it slightly better. Probably one of the best days of deals today.
Far Cry 2 has okay DRM. It has the revoke process where if you just reinstall, it gives it back.

Nif

Could I gift one of the star wars games if I already own it? Thinking of getting at least one of the Hitman games, too. Does any one stand out or should I get them all?

Ridli

I envy anyone that has never played a Jedi Knight game before. You have an *amazing* deal sitting for you right now. There's so much game there for 5 dollars it would be criminal to pass it up if you've never played it before.

My backlog weeps at today. There's a lot of games I wasn't really looking for, but $5 is a magical pricepoint that makes the rational part of my brain hurt. I'm considering STALKER. That's a pretty insane discount and I've never tried it. Maybe Farcry as well.

LQX

The Jedi Knights game were great back in the day. Does the dismemberment mods work on the Steam releases?

Dice said:
No they are not, especially the last two which looked and ran great even on the latest hardware available at the time of their release.

Tryckser said:
Jedi Knight 1 and 2 are very awesome, especially 2.
Dark Forces 1 and 2 are old, but also good games.
Never played Jedi Academy.

But for 5 bucks, do it, now!

I always adored Dark Forces. It seemed so far ahead of its time with mission objectives instead of end level switches and the ability to move and shoot in 3D space instead of on 2 axes like Doom.

BTW, Dark Forces 2 is Jedi Knight 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom