• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh yes. Red Alert 3. Finally I can check out why people didnt like it.

MotorbreathX said:
So how many here actually play the games? I noticed some on my friends list that have hundreds of games have, on average, less than an hour for most the games. What's this type of addiction like? lol
I read a recent article that termed sales like these as "Flash Sales" and that they were becoming an emerging tactic for online retailers. I was on Amazon all day for black friday when they were doing their sales and they kept up a similar system for a week. Most money I've ever spent on an online retailer.

TF2 went on sale! F yea! I waited so long for this.

Dipswitch

Is C&C 4 worth $5? I've heard it's pretty bad, but I just beat C&C 3 this past year and the masochist in me wants to see how the
terrible
story ends.

JudgeN

Its odd why isn't Clear sky part of the stalker bundle? Its like this on all other DD services as well, must be the red headed step game of the series.

Volcynika

JudgeN said:
Its odd why isn't Clear sky part of the stalker bundle? Its like this on all other DD services as well. Must be the red headed step game of the series.

Every Stalker bundle as of late has done this. I think they don't want to give it any attention. :lol

Anslon said:
I read a recent article that termed sales like these as "Flash Sales" and that they were becoming an emerging tactic for online retailers. I was on Amazon all day for black friday when they were doing their sales and they kept up a similar system for a week. Most money I've ever spent on an online retailer.

TF2 went on sale! F yea! I waited so long for this.

I think this thread is a great indication of how successful these are. Look at GFW and the sales they had with their relaunch. $.10 games are always a pull to get people looking at your website. Too bad they dropped the ball for the holidays.

It's all about bringing people to your store and getting them to look around.

Pains me to turn my nose up at Crysis, Anno and Far Cry 2 over TAGES/Securom. But Hitman Blood Money makes it slightly better. Probably one of the best days of deals today.

edit. Forum is suggesting that Securom has been removed from Far Cry 2 in a patch but the site page has not updated.

confused

Banned
UK GAF -

Hook me up with Far Cry 2 and I'll regift you anything worth $5 in the store. Make a quick buck, help me out :D

SteamID is zaangamer

Erasus

I got Far Cry 2 already, got it for 5 at a local store this fall. :D

oh and I have TF2 and Supcom 2.

I regret getting Supcom2, I realise I dont like RTS games a whole lot.

TF2 for 5 is great through!

An-Det

Hitman Collection, Far Cry collection, Jedi Knight Collection, and Supreme Commander 2 for me. Thinking over some Command and Conquer's and Empire Total War.

Xzior

Sorry I'm a bit late, but we finally got a nice deal on Bloodlines.

Eqwf0.jpg

Any mods for Far Cry 2? I liked the world but there were a lot of turn offs that frustrated the hell out me, worst of all the almost instant respawning enemies.

MotorbreathX said:
I think this thread is a great indication of how successful these are. Look at GFW and the sales they had with their relaunch. $.10 games are always a pull to get people looking at your website. Too bad they dropped the ball for the holidays.

It's all about bringing people to your store and getting them to look around.
There is also this weird effect of knowing you will want to spend money, getting in the mind set, and not finding what you wanted on sale. You're left wanting something to buy and you turn to the other discounts in the store.

1-D_FTW

Do the Star Wars games run on modern OSes? I never played the originals, but I know they're considered classics.

EDIT:Nevermind. Those early games are way too rough for me to play now.

Far Cry 2 is so polarizing. The people saying it's shit make points I know I'll agree with. But the fact I'm typing this means I'll probably cave anyways.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom