• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Big B said:
is flight control better on PC or iphone?

I bought the PC version during the treasure hunt sale and can safely say it is one of the worst purchases I have made in 2010. I fucking hate that game.

iPhone version might be better, though.

OH GOD! PURCHASE CLICKED! LIFE HAS NO BACK BUTTON! :lol

PdZ1X.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
SalsaShark said:
holy jesus fuck, seems im like 1 or 2 bucks short and i cant get Far Cry 2, banks closed until January 2

FFFffu+!!.jpg
Jan 2nd is a Sunday, they'll still be closed to the 3rd.

And to repeat, if I will only buy 1 hitman, it should be Blood Money? correct?

Big B said:

IGN's review says that the Steam version comes with a bonus map, but that the touchscreen controls on the iPad/iPhone are a bit more fun than the mouse controls on the PC. They don't say that the mouse controls are broken by any means, just that after using the touchscreen controls more, they felt going to the mouse was less fun.

I haven't played it myself, though, but am considering it at such a low price.

Hixx

Post-christmas sales been disappointing (own most of the good deals already or played through them before and not really enjoyed on consoles), only picked up Crysis pack. So today I treat myself to the indie heavy hitters - never played any of them but been wanting to play all of them for a while except perhaps Shattered Horizon.

Alien Anthology, copious amounts of cider and the big hitters indie pack mean a torn cruciate may not ruin my NYE after all! :D

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Day 11 Steam Deals
Team Fortress 2 | $5.00: 75% off
Star Wars: Jedi Knight Collection | $5.00: 75% off
STALKER Complete | $4.99: 88% off
FarCry 2: Fortune's Edition | $4.99: 75% off
Flight Control HD | $1.70: 66% off
The Hitman Collection | $7.49: 75% off
Command & Conquer 3 & 4 | 75% off all games
Supreme Commander 2 | $3.74: 75% off
Empire & Napoleon: Total War: GOTY Edition | $24.99: 50% off
Theatre of War Collection | $11.25: 75% off
Dawn of Discovery: Gold Edition | $14.99: 50% off
Guardians of Graxia | $2.49: 75% off
Madballs in Babo Invasion | $2.50: 75% off

My Purchases So Far (With HB1 And HB2)
Aquaria
Arcadia
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Beat Hazard
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
Braid
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Chime
Crysis: Maximum Edition
Deus Ex: Game Of The Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War
DOOM: Complete Pack
FarCry 2: Fortune's Edition
F.E.A.R. Complete Collection
Gish
IL2 Sturmvok: Complete Pack
Left 4 Dead 2
Lugaru HD
Machinarium
Mass Effect 2
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Mirror's Edge
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platnium
Osmos
Penumbra: Overture
Plants vs. Zombies: GOTY Edition
Rhythm Zone
The Quake Collection
Rush
Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition
Shatter
SIM CITY 4
STALKER Complete
Star Wars: Jedi Knight Collection
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Super Meat Boy
Torchlight
Turba
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Uplink (Thanks, Jibril. ^_^)
World of Goo

IrishNinja

SalsaShark said:
holy jesus fuck, seems im like 1 or 2 bucks short and i cant get Far Cry 2, banks closed until January 2

hey salsa - if youre stuck and can't get it sorted by a matter of dollars, message me and ill gift it to you. we can always work out the difference later, be a shame to miss a sale you've clearly been waiting on, man.

Marc :D

Neo Member
Got Stalker Pack, Flight Control and the Guardians of Graxiwhatever.

Have a question about Far Cry 2....

Are their any mods that make single player fun/bearable?

Checked Mod Db and everything is dead. D E D ded. help?

RedSwirl

I'm currently downloading a PC demo of Jedi Knight II and hoping to god it runs on Vist-OH SHIT that Command & Conquer deal is for all the games?!

Goddamnit. I've had no time to actually get back on the games. I'm still not done with Tiberian Sun to be honest. I bought C&C3 last year but haven't touched it. How are Kane's Wrath and C&C4? I need to know this shit now!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Edgeward said:
Been waiting on a deal for far cry 2. Gonna jump on that price to either praise it to high heaven or shake my fist at idle thumbs.

Is there anything one should be aware of when playin far cry 2 so that am more likely to enjoy the experience?
Try to keep the story in mind and role play as a ruthless killer.

Nabs

dream said:
I know, but...but...I wanna use my healthy Celtics before they put out a roster update that removes the entire starting lineup. :(
It's too late :lol the update system is awesome. Looks like Rondo is back in the lineup :D

If you're trying to decide between Far Cry 2 or the STALKER bundle. I'd definitely recommend the STALKER bundle by a large margin. You get 2 games for a start!

Lkr

dream said:
Shit, I thought I was the only one futilely hoping for it to show up as a daily sale. I think I might just cough up the 20 bucks for it.
I'm holding off til the last day to do that.

Proc

Ooo, my wallet is getting a beating today.

-Dawn of Discovery Gold
-Jedi Knighht Collection
-Stalker Collection (already own SoC but i'm in it for that price on CoP)

maybe:

-guardians of graxia (pending impressions)
-hitman (grab the definitive one)
-cnc 4 or ra 3

LCfiner

couldn't say no to far Cry 2 at 5 bucks. even with the faults the game may have with enemy checkpoints, I wanted to be able to experience this one on PC.

the Stalker package also seemed like a great deal at 5 bucks. sold.

vocab

I swear Farcry 2 had its drm removed. Also, still seeing DoD have tages makes me rage. The game so damn good, yet I can't buy it.

The IGN review of Graxia does little to make me want the game. Yeah, IGN, and the review is written pretty poorly, but it identifies a lot of stuff that, if true, I have no patience for, particularly with so many better games to play.

Lumine

Metalic Sand said:
Ughh the stalker games are $10 each. Not $2.50 like they should be. Not buying a bundle that has a game i already own.

Yeah same here. Actually most of todays prices suck compared to some of the deals we already had. Don't think I'll buy anything today.

LyR

Banned
wasn't Bully already on sale ?!

because in my region they just added Bully (on 24 december, after the sale)

so what was price ? because it's 4,99€ since they added it here (-50% )

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Big B said:

I own both and prefer the PC version. I like the more precise control that the mouse gives me in coming up with flight paths for the planes. It is sort of fun having them go through crazy acrobatics to keep them out of the way until I am ready for them, which I was never able to do with the iPhone. Although who knows, maybe that is just due to me having a fat finger or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom