• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Datwheezy said:
Repost from last night now that there are more people browsing the thread:

The Void is really really interesting as a concept and really really weird. I love me some weird stuff but this was too much :lol
Few other recommendations: any of the Indie Packs, the Commandos Pack or the LucasArts Pack.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Toma said:
Obviously quick look impressions on Grand Ages: Rome:
k534sx.jpg

GOUVERNEUR VON LOL :lol

Danj said:
You think you've got a backlog, my mum bought me the Squenix Pack for Christmas!

xez28.jpg

Fuck yeah!

Have fun with Just Cause 2, wrecking shit like a boss.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
MmmSkyscraper said:
GOUVERNEUR VON LOL :lol

Yeah. Actually thats the name of the tutorial dude. I wasnt naming him :lol

MNC

Damage (presale)
AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaAAA!
Chime
Bob came in pieces
Osmos

Damage (Main sale)
Humble Bundle 1 + 2
PB Winterbottom
Rush
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Lara Croft GOL
GIFT OddBox
GIFT Just Cause 2
Overlord Pack
Saints Row 2
GIFT Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
AWESOMEPRICE 0.99 The Witcher
Oblivion: GOTY

Now that I think of it, this isn't really too bad... But these are about 25(+3 overlord games) games for the price of 25(+3)€ :lol :lol I've dun good. And that's just main sale talking...

AND WITHOUT THE HUGE BACKLOG I ALREADY HAD :lol

Edit: LOL FORGOT OVERLORD PACK.
Edit: LOL AND GEOMETRY WARS.

Toma

Gerald Preston said:
Anyone try Hegemony? Impressions before the hour ends?

Seems to be a good game. If you saw the screenshots and think this might be up your alley, its probably not a bad buy. Couldnt play it yet but the features and videos I saw looked very good. Should be worth the money during the sale.

Really hoping that NBA 2k11 gets a sale today. It's the only game I want and the only one I haven't see get a nice daily sale price. Come on Steam, deliver me some Basketball goodness!!!

Gerald Preston

Neo Member
Toma said:
Seems to be a good game. If you saw the screenshots and think this might be up your alley, its probably not a bad buy. Couldnt play it yet but the features and videos I saw looked very good. Should be worth the money during the sale.

Hmm, thanks for that. I am trying to avoid blind buys and console double dipping this time around. Let's see if I can hold out for the next 40 mins.

jiien

BarrenMind said:
Bought Oblivion GOTY Deluxe using my iphone. Refuse to let road trips hinder my haste to the poorhouse.

Good man. I like the dedication.

Anything else we expect to see on sale? I have a feeling that Morrowind won't show up now. :(

Artofwar420

I'm ready to hit the buy button. Getting:

Hegemony: Philip of Macedon $3.00
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition #10.00

Had to take out Singularity, I wanted it, but it's still a little steep and could get many more games with $25.00

bounchfx

I hope morrowind does.. I've been wanting it on steam for a while, but my roof is 5$ for that, since I already bought it on xbox and pc.. but I don't know where my pc copy is and I want it on steam.

so is there two days of deals left including this one? or three? I know it said it goes to jan 2nd but i'm not sure if they're including that day

I also wonder how batshit insane the sales will be on the last day. Everything must go !

Volcynika

bounchfx said:
I hope morrowind does.. I've been wanting it on steam for a while, but my roof is 5$ for that, since I already bought it on xbox and pc.. but I don't know where my pc copy is and I want it on steam.

so is there two days of deals left including this one? or three? I know it said it goes to jan 2nd but i'm not sure if they're including that day

I also wonder how batshit insane the sales will be on the last day. Everything must go !

Through Jan 2nd. Deals should officially end when Sunday's (encore of earlier deals most likely) ends.

Toma said:
Obviously quick look impressions on Grand Ages: Rome:

Nice, thanks for the impressions. I tried out Imperium Romanum first, and while it seems fairly competent, it's a bit on the ugly side. Judging from your screenshot, the concept and interface seem unchanged in the sequel, so I'll definitely be installing this one next.

Did anyone make a spreadsheet of every sale item in the store? I've found that useful in the past in looking for games that didn't get daily deals.

Weenerz

Banned
I don't even know if there is anything else I want from Steam. I think my New Year's Resolution is to beat 20% of my Steam collection. That's only like 35 games or so :lol

Toma

Bootaaay said:
Nice, thanks for the impressions. I tried out Imperium Romanum first, and while it seems fairly competent, it's a bit on the ugly side. Judging from your screenshot, the concept and interface seem unchanged in the sequel, so I'll definitely be installing this one next.

Played it a bit more. Anyone interested should pick it up if you like your games to be a bit more complicated. There is a lot stuff going on that you need to take care of and the battles also seem to look a bit more interesting.

Note of advise: If you are reading this AND you are interested in the genre, you might want to get CivCity first to take your first steps. Grand Ages: Rome has a good tutorial but might be a bit overwhelming.

Double D

So Warhead is just giving me a black screen every time I run it after installing CCC Warhead 3.0. I get sound, and the little Steam pop up thing, but no picture. Help!

Toma

faceless007 said:
Did anyone make a spreadsheet of every sale item in the store? I've found that useful in the past in looking for games that didn't get daily deals.

I wouldnt want to buy games more than a certain amount. Did you check the 5€ section in steam? you can change this to whatever number you like. "Only show me games below 7€" for example. Hope this already helps. Didnt see a complete list yet.

Gerald Preston

Neo Member
faceless007 said:

Have you looked at steamgamesales.com? I don't know if that's too elaborate for what you're after though.

Toma

Grimm Fandango said:
This is the closest thing I found:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7862256&postcount=1

Click on the "Expired Holiday Sale Daily Deals" spoiler button.

He is not talking about every daily sale, but every OTHER sale. They still have a small excerpt list on that site though.

Additionally:

Freedom Force vs the Third Reich for 1,69$
Toki Tori for 1,25$
Commandos Collection for 2,99$ (4 Commandos games)
LucasArts Adventure Pack for 4,99$ (2 Indiana games, The Dig, Loom)
Torchlight for 4,99$
Deus Ex GOTY for 4,99$

botlite said:

Woah. This should be linked in the OP. Perfect. Thanks

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hope I can get all those Genesis games for like $5 or they discount that Sonic Racing Game to $5.

Also hoping for TF2 to go on sale for at least $5 to get some fresh blood.

Toma said:
Yeah I know that page. Its just easier to scroll through the list or search with ctrl-f. Thanks though. =)

I added the other link to the OP also.

REV 09 said:
Is today the final day?

Do you think Based Gabe would let you off that easily? No. Last day of new sales starts on Sunday. The sale itself ends on Monday.

JoeBoy101

Vik_Vaughn said:
So Warhead is just giving me a black screen every time I run it after installing CCC Warhead 3.0. I get sound, and the little Steam pop up thing, but no picture. Help!

Does it eventually go to menu? I had that issue where it was black for intro screens but fine for playing and when it got to the top menu.

LovingSteam said:
I added the other link to the OP also.

Do you think Based Gabe would let you off that easily? No. Last day of new sales starts on Sunday. The sale itself ends on Monday.

I love that avatar by the way.

Volcynika said:
Uh, no?

EDIT: I like how LovingSteam has a placeholder for Jan 3rd daily deals, even though there won't be any that start on that day :p

Hey, a man can drea... have nightmares, can't he?

And thanks Motor! SpacePirateRidley created it.

So how many here actually play the games? I noticed some on my friends list that have hundreds of games have, on average, less than an hour for most the games. What's this type of addiction like? lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
30 seconds, whooooo.

So how many here actually play the games? I noticed some on my friends list that have hundreds of games have, on average, less than an hour for most the games. What's this type of addiction like? lol
"Buy it now while it is cheap to play when you have time!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom