• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mareg

It is such a shame that Disciples 3 hasn't been patched to playable state.
Has the company said anything about supporting their frodulous release ? There got to be some budget left to give this game a second wind... hire cheap outsourcing team if need be.

Majeh

sillymonkey321 said:
I bought The Witcher even though my laptop probably can't run it. :lol :lol

So far:

P.B. Winterbottom for me and a friend
Shattered Union
Indie Fright Pack
The Witcher

total spent: $11.50

doing good!

No worries, it's called investing in the future. :lol

Artofwar420

Sgt.Pepper said:
kVn6p.png

I'm ready.

Instala esa coneja.

Wallach

Bought Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light, and Puzzle Quest. Fuck me there is no way I'm going to make it through this sale on ten bucks, I'm already down to like three dollars left. :lol

Mr_Zombie

If I want to buy one game for myself and one as a gift can I buy them both as a gift and then gift one to myself? Or should I buy both games separately?

Lumine

Artofwar420 said:
I'm going for Bioshock 2. Any cons?

Not really if you liked the first one. Well except that the novelty of visiting rapture is kind of gone. To me re-visiting rapture was a great ride though and I found that in most area's the game lived up to its predecessor and in some area's even improved upon it. I can't comment on the multiplayer though, I have yet to invest more than 5mins into that.

Krakn3Dfx

Someone gift me Burnout Paradise for $5. I refuse to buy it because of the lack of Big Surf Island DLC, but if someone gifted it, then I could enjoy it without the guilt of having given in to The Man. :p

Caoz

Seagoon said:
Pulled the trigger on Bioshock 2 (thanks Coopolon!), Lara Croft, and The Witcher.

Tempted by Resident Evil 5, but it's still pretty expensive given the age of the game and from what I understand it lacks the consoles DLC (seems to be standard with the PC lately) - can someone talk me out of it?

Don't do it seagoon. We can wait till it gets cheaper. Hold my hand. :lol

Plus is only the second day. I want Assassins II for that price.

nexen

Artofwar420 said:
I'm going for Bioshock 2. Any cons?
I enjoyed Bioshock 2, but only just.
All of the slack I gave to the first one because of the unique atmosphere was absolutely gone for this one and it really drove the warts to the surface.
Bioshock 2 has more interesting combat later on in the game, so that is a plus. I really got a kick out of trying to defend the little sisters without them getting hurt.
I didn't like the story as much.
The worst part was that as a whole the game felt...mostly redundant, really.

clav

Lumine said:
Not really if you liked the first one. Well except that the novelty of visiting rapture is kind of gone. To me re-visiting rapture was a great ride though and I found that in most area's the game lived up to its predecessor and in some area's even improved upon it. I can't comment on the multiplayer though, I have yet to invest more than 5mins into that.
The multiplayer is an afterthought to the game. Everything is really imba.

Buy it for single, but know you'll have to grind through half the game in pain.

I wouldn't buy it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Resi 5 underwhelmed me on 360, but it looks sexy as fuck on PC, and I can co-op it with a real person this time rather than an AI, so why not.
I hate to break it to you, but I'm not a real person, sorry.

Chacranajxy said:
Hmm... I haven't played a Burnout game before. Would Paradise be a good purchase?
At the sale price? If you like racing games, you'd be a fool not to buy this, frankly.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Dacvak said:
Just got Puzzle Quest today. Is the Witcher really that good? How long is it? (I'm not a fan of ultra-long RPGs)
Its alright. The combat sucks, the skills suck, and the items suck. The dialogue is mediocre, the acting is horrible, and the movement janky. There are load screens everywhere. The first hour or two of the game aren't very fun. The crafting system doesn't really make sense to me yet.

The only thing that really saves it are the story and choices. Everything else is pretty mediocre or bad.

Artofwar420

Lumine said:

Yeah, I don't really care about the multiplayer, mainly the story. I have other games that fill that hole... with hilarious hats.

Caoz

Krakn3Dfx said:
Someone gift me Burnout Paradise for $5. I refuse to buy it because of the lack of Big Surf Island DLC, but if someone gifted it, then I could enjoy it without the guilt of having given in to The Man. :p

What ! I just saw the trailer, it mentioned big suft island. That is why I bought it :(

kamspy

Krakn3Dfx said:

This. But to me.

Mihos

Gold Member
I thought something was screwy on my Gothic bundle... why would they name Gothic 4 as Arcana:Gothic 4? Screws up my Steam list mojo, man.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Almost nothing I want today, cept of course the Witcher which happens to be the no 2 game on my wishlist. I wouldn't mind that Tomb Raider game too.

oh well, no worries, I'll get these games either way

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Minsc said:
The only part of The Witcher where I felt I was running back and forth too much as in the prologue. The quests for the most part are numerous enough that you can generally work on 2-3+ at a time in the same map, so you're usually doing something worthwhile. The swamp was actually interesting for me, some people don't like it though.

I don't know if you played in OTS, but it's a much more visually pleasing experience and probably less annoying than the birds eye views for navigating.
I did play OTS.

Were we playing different games? Is there some sort of quick travel between locations I didn't know about? Can you honestly tell me the outskirts of Vizima wasn't a downright painful trudge? What this map doesn't tell you is that it's about the size of the entirety of Ocarina of Time, except with twice as much backtracking and 1/20th the amount of interesting things.

Things get better later, but for the game overall and in comparison to Dragon Age? I don't see how what I said is off.

Majeh

So the discount to Guardian of Light doesn't work if the only tomb raider you own is the game itself? (want to gift it, might anyway)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Majeh said:
So the discount to Guardian of Light doesn't work if the only tomb raider you own is the game itself? (want to gift it, might anyway)
Well it's not technically a Tomb Raider game, Tomb Raider isn't even in the title.

BobsRevenge said:
Its alright. The combat sucks, the skills suck, and the items suck. The dialogue is mediocre, the acting is horrible, and the movement janky. There are load screens everywhere. The first hour or two of the game aren't very fun. The crafting system doesn't really make sense to me yet.

The only thing that really saves it are the story and choices. Everything else is pretty mediocre or bad.

this is all wrong.

Majeh

Stallion Free said:
Well it's not technically a Tomb Raider game, Tomb Raider isn't even in the title.

Yeah, I guess. (I always associate it in myself though) Still gonna gift the game, price it really low anyway.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Dice said:
I did play OTS.

Were we playing different games? Is there some sort of quick travel between locations I didn't know about? Can you honestly tell me the outskirts of Vizima wasn't a downright painful trudge? What this map doesn't tell you is that it's about the size of the entirety of Ocarina of Time, except with twice as much backtracking and 1/20th the amount of interesting things.

Things get better later, but for the game overall and in comparison to Dragon Age? I don't see how what I said is off.
I don't know why The Witcher caught on so well, but to me it is easily the most overrated RPG... like, ever.

kennah

WTF I bought Defense Grid last year for 2.50. Such a ripoff.

Great game everyone, well worth the two bucks. I started playing it a lot lately because I could play it one handed
while holding my sleeping baby

Minsc

Gold Member
Dice said:
I did play OTS.

Yea, I admitted/agreed in the post you quoted from me that the prologue gets a bit tiresome. Other than that, I didn't get bored of the running around, and enjoyed The Witcher much more than Dragon Age.

BarrenMind said:
o___________________o

didn't notice that.. gonna be fun downloading that alongside the rest of the country

It's smaller than Dragon Age though! :)

kamspy

Mihos said:
I thought something was screwy on my Gothic bundle... why would they name Gothic 4 as Arcana:Gothic 4? Screws up my Steam list mojo, man.

Pretty sure you can change the name with a Right click -> properties.

JimmyBoy

MeatBoy, Winterbottom, Burnout & Witcher...so far!

I really need to bring my Gaming rig out to the living room and hook it up to the TV so I'll actually play these! :lol

SyNapSe

Wallach said:
Well, Defense Grid is one of the best ever and is only two dollars. Less posting and more buying, man.

No, wait until after the sale ends and THEN buy Defense Grid. It's worth it at full price and I need Hidden Path to make a sequel.

Minsc

Gold Member
BobsRevenge said:
I don't know why The Witcher caught on so well, but to me it is easily the most overrated RPG... like, ever.

It's really not, you and a few others just don't care for it (at all), but generally speaking, your chances are great of liking/loving this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom