• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

npm0925

Artofwar420 said:
I'm going for Bioshock 2. Any cons?
I loved the first game but gave up on the sequel about halfway through. It degenerates into a collection-fest that has you searching every nook and cranny in order to stockpile enough health kits and ammo to take on the fucking 3 or 4 big sisters on the level. Maybe I will play through the remainder in god-mode or something.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
BarrenMind said:
o___________________o

didn't notice that.. gonna be fun downloading that alongside the rest of the country
G9Aph.jpg

sturmdogg

Got Fallout 3: GOTY an hour before the Daily Deal ended :D .

Nothing for me today...thank God.

Tomorrow, who knows ? Here's to hoping they're going to put up Mass Effect for $5 and Mass Effect 2 for $15 :lol

Make it so, Gabe... Make it so.

Click

Banned
Witcher and Lara Croft bought.
Not sure about Defense Grid but I'm thinking about it.

My backlog is getting way too big and it's only going to get larger in the next week...

MoFuzz

sturmdogg said:
Got Fallout 3: GOTY an hour before the Daily Deal ended :D .

Nothing for me today...thank God.

Tomorrow, who knows ? Here's to hoping they're going to put up Mass Effect for $5 and Mass Effect 2 for $15 :lol

Make it so, Gabe... Make it so.
ME2 already is $15 bro. Daily Deal discount should bring it under $10.

Hm, my tactic to only spend 50€ on the entire sale has been fucked up already.

Resident Evil 5
Lara Croft
Defense Grid

for me today. Still contemplating about Bioshock 2. Anyone buying a four pack letting me in? If so, please write a PM.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
vazel said:
Are people having speed issues? I'm consistently maxing out my 15Mbit connection which is a change from previous big sales.
I didn't get above 300k until I switched to the opposite side of the country. ^_^

tjohn86

Day 1:

Fear Pack
Super Meat Boy (Double Dip)
Peggle

Day 2:

Burnout (Double Dip)
Tomb Raider (Double Dip)
Puzzle Quest

How does steam make me buy games I already own? Damnit.

fresquito

Click said:
Witcher and Lara Croft bought.
Not sure about Defense Grid but I'm thinking about it.

My backlog is getting way too big and it's only going to get larger in the next week...
What's wrong with you?!!!!

First, this is a Chrismass sale, there's no place for thinking. Second, and most important: IT'S DEFENSE GOD MADE TOWER DEFENSE GRID!

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box   5.00 USD
Resident Evil 5   10.20 USD
Men of War: Gold Edition   8.75 USD
Witcher: Enhanced Edition   5.00 USD
Bioshock 2   9.99 USD

Bad day...our good day for me? I had to drop lara croft cause that was pushing me over my steam wallet.

Teknoman

BobsRevenge said:
I doubt I'll pick anything up today.

RE5 kind of sucks for those curious. If you do get it, use the alternate control scheme (the one that plays like Wii).

Wouldnt it be better to just use a gamepad?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Smash88 said:
GAF I need help, I can't purchase all of these, way too much, which ones should I drop?

What's your limit?

I say drop Resident Evil 5, it's not bad but it's a very average game. I can't thing of a single thing (maybe the graphics) that makes it a must play.

You could also live without Bioshock 2, but it's a solid game and I quite enjoyed returning to Rapture.

kennah

nexen said:
First people are giving away free Winterbottoms and now this. I am so behind on the slang these days.
lol, oh man. It is so not slang for anything. But my wife is sure going to get a laugh out of it.

rObit

Banned
sturmdogg said:
Why so sad? It's only a 15 hour download :lol

Fallout 3:GOTY is 9 GB, 9 hours to finish :(

It's enough to take the impulse out of impulse buy for me, sadly. Probably for the best though, I'm sure my wallet will feel this sale sooner or later.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
wormstrangler said:
Bioshock 2   9.99 USD

Bad day...our good day for me? I had to drop lara croft cause that was pushing me over my steam wallet.
You chose the wrong games.

Nabs

wormstrangler said:
Bioshock 2   9.99 USD

bad day

Yesterday I sprung for Super Meat Boy, Prince of Persia 2008, and Fallout 3, but today I don't see anything I want I don't already have. Well, except Burnout Paradise but I kind of want that island, so I'll pass. My bank account is safe for one day!

Don't make me sad guys!

I know that bio 2 and re 5 aren't loved but I've played the other games in the series so I feel obliged to continue. Besides, me and gaf don't always see eye to eye on what I like.

Vitet

Why all the praise to defense grid? I personally found it to be way too difficult. I can't save all the cores even in the first stages of the game...

Maybe I'm putting the wrong towers, but the game doesn't give even a hint of what the best placement will be...

This of course is just my opinion

MoFuzz

BobsRevenge said:
Nah. The mouse aiming is far better than thumbstick for me, and WASD works fine for movement.
Mouse aiming makes the game piss easy tho, game seems to be better balanced for gamepads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom