• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krakn3Dfx

Tonza said:
Already own Witcher, would've bought that if I hadn't.

Me too, but I didn't own it on Steam, just an disc copy that came free with a videocard I bought.

Now I have it on Steam, so I can't actually play it. :lol

aktham

Can I check which games I own without installing steam? I'm trying to buy Bioshock 2 but I I'm not sure if I already have it. I am at work so I can't install steam here :lol

d[-_-]b

Banned
Puzzle Quest, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Only $11.50 Damage today, after opening day $59, where I went on a shopping spree...

Owzers

I bought The Witcher even though my laptop probably can't run it. :lol :lol

So far:

P.B. Winterbottom for me and a friend
Shattered Union
Indie Fright Pack
The Witcher

total spent: $11.50

doing good!

pirata

Dizzy-4U said:
This, my friends, is Burnout Paradise:

(KITT, Delorean, Ecto-1 and General Lee) (as a dlc pack though)
y2Qm0.jpg

I hate racing games and I spent like 30 hours with this one. GO FRIKING BUY IT!!!!!!
Gandalf.jpg

DO NOT TEMPT ME, FRODO!

Ledsen

Why is Puzzle Quest 1 on sale instead of 2?

Dizzy-4U said:

y2Qm0.jpg

I hate racing games and I spent like 30 hours with this one. GO FRIKING BUY IT!!!!!!

If I buy it, it'll be for the 360. It's about 10€ more expensive but hassle-free and probably with better performance :) Or is there any chance it'll run well on my laptop?

core i3 330m
ATI HD5650m
4 GB ram

I can't try the demo since my laptop is in for repairs.

Nabs

Dizzy-4U said:

y2Qm0.jpg

can you even buy that pack with the pc version anymore?

Mihos

Gold Member
aktham said:
Can I check which games I own without installing steam? I'm trying to buy Bioshock 2 but I I'm not sure if I already have it. I am at work so I can't install steam here :lol

You can just go to the website and log in.

Max

I am not Max
Burnout is tempting, never really played it. RE5 is also tempting me because I have a friend who wants to co-op with it, but i've already beaten the game on 360 more than once.

HMMMMMMMM.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
aktham said:
Login. It won't let you buy it for yourself if you have already bought it.

d[-_-]b

Banned
aktham said:
Steam lets you know and won't let you purchase it for yourself if you're logged in.
Edit: Beaten Badly

Okay I got the Witcher and BioShock 2 (thanks Coopolon).

Summary so far:

Super Meat Boy - $3.75 x 2 (1 gift)
F.E.A.R. Complete Pack - $9.99
BioShock 2 - $7.50
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut - $5.00

Total - $29.99

Oh and everyone please buy Defense Grid. Truly awesome game and for only $2.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Man I want a tower defense game... that one seems interesting...

And the Witcher as well. I owned the DVD but lost the disc. I might... I MIGHT... I said I would not... but I MIGHT...

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Grabbed Burnout. I'm noticing that I'm re-buying a lot of PC ports of console games I've since traded away. Cut out the middle-man publishers and just bundle in a steam code with the console version :lol

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ledsen said:
Why is Puzzle Quest 1 on sale instead of 2?

If I buy it, it'll be for the 360. It's about 10€ more expensive but hassle-free and probably with better performance :) Or is there any chance it'll run well on my laptop?

core i3 330m
ATI HD5650m
4 GB ram
Runs at a pretty constant 60fps at 720p on my C2D 2.1Ghz, GT130M.

Corto

Today's deal is really great. So great in fact that I own almost the entirity of the deals! :lol Day 3 better be good for me...

Minsc

Gold Member
Relix said:

Do it! It's amazing, you'll get a 15-40 hours out of it, depending on if you go for all the challenges.

Wallach

Relix said:

And the Witcher as well. I owned the DVD but lost the disc. I might... I MIGHT... I said I would not... but I MIGHT...

Well, Defense Grid is one of the best ever and is only two dollars. Less posting and more buying, man.

I guess I'm done. I only have few dollars left in my credit card; I guess I'll wait until there's something that REALLY interest me.
Surprise preorder for Portal 2, do it Gabe.

matmanx1

Lara Croft will be mine today! Titan Quest still refuses to run on my Windows 7 machine even though it ran fine on the exact same hardware a year ago under XP. Oh well, maybe I'll eventually get it up and going.

An-Det

Bought Burnout Paradise and RE5 for myself, and Lara Croft and The Witcher (both of which I already own) for my stepdad (he has been dying to play Witcher for years). Going to try the Men of War and Disciples demos when I get home.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just got Puzzle Quest today. Is the Witcher really that good? How long is it? (I'm not a fan of ultra-long RPGs)

Shambles

Im_Special said:
Any DRM in any of these games GAF?

Puzzle Quest
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Lara Croft GOL

I assume you mean DRM other than Steam right? I know DG doesn't.

kamspy

Artofwar420 said:
I'm going for Bioshock 2. Any cons?

Yeah, the first half of the game. :lol

And the GFWL integration is especially irritating.

Second half of the game is pretty good. You might be able to get more out of your $10 on another daily deal though. Overall is kinda meh. Even at $10.

Krakn3Dfx

Artofwar420 said:

I pre-ordered Bioshock 2 as part of a 4-pack on Steam, so I paid about $35. I've played about 3 hours of it, and find it a lot more linear with not the greatest storyline.

Honestly, I dunno that I would pay $10 for it now.

aku08

Gothic 4 should've been a separate daily deal, or at least make it 50% individually like the other ones on the package. Oh well, just Lara Croft for me then. (already own witcher)

JudgeN

Damn was hoping Bioshock 2 would be 75% consider its only a $20 game, already have a box version so I might have to wait till its $5 to get my digital copy.

clav

Artofwar420 said:
The game plays like a fan mod sequel. You will have buyer's remorse starting from the beginning of the game.

Don't do it. Save it for the next Bioshock game.

mm04

I ended up with Burnout: Paradise. I've been a fan of the series, but took a pass when they changed Crash Mode, which was my favorite part. But for $5 on my gaming rig, why the heck not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom