• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCfiner

So I bought Polynomial and Lara Croft. Mac support for Polynomial was super important since all my iTunes stuff is on my Mac partition.

then, I realized Puzzle Quest was a measly buck fiddy, so I bought that as well.

Bring on wednesday, Steam! I’m ready!

Scotch

Haven't bought anything yet! I would've bought BC2 even though I own it on PS3, but EA priced it too high because I live on the wrong continent.

Hang tough, my wallet

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm only at $9.25 spent so far. The Witcher EE, P.B. Winterbottom and Super Meat Boy.

I'll probably spend a lot more over the weekend, but at least I've been conservative so far.

.nimrod

Is anybody else having problems getting Burnout to work?

I'm on Windows 7 and it keeps crashing during the loading screen o_O
And why the fuck isn't the DLC in the ultimate box?

so far i've spent

DAY 1

Lara Croft and the Guardian of light : $7.49
Battlefield: bad company 2 : $6.79

DAY 2
Lara Croft and the Guradian of light : $5.10
Resident Evil 5 : $10.20

total : $ 29. 58 :/ fuck me and i still have about eight games on the wishlist not to mention another five games that I may pick up (nothing from activision, cheap fucks.)

and not to mention the pre-Christmas sale of just cause 2@$ 7.50

JoeBoy101

Pimpbaa said:
How well does The Witcher run on current PC hardware? Any issues?

:lol

Its running on a heavily modified Inifinity engine, IIRC. As long as you have a pretty recent card, you should easily be able to crush it. Even if not, its pretty scalable.

_Bro

Banned
Anybody know a good program that closes unwanted programs for when you play games? I think I can make The Witcher work.

Minamu

:lol I did a Nintendo 64!! scream when I saw the Witcher price. Finally purchased. Pretty good day overall, with my 1TB hard drive and wired 360 controller arriving together with the Dead Space 2 demo :D

clav

Caved in to Toki Tori.

$1.25 with Steam Cloud support makes a lot of sense. That's something a phone version would never do (or at least not yet). Wonder why Defense Grid still does not have it.

The damage so far:

$3.75: Super Meat Boy
$0.50: Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
$1.25: Toki Tori
--------
$5.50

Jokey665

Day 2 damages:

Tomb Raider Anniversary
Lara Croft GoL
The Witcher
Bioshock 2
Indie Kids Pack

Total: 28.57
Total so far: 62.44

:X

JoeBoy101 said:
:lol

Its running on a heavily modified Inifinity engine, IIRC. As long as you have a pretty recent card, you should easily be able to crush it. Even if not, its pretty scalable.

Aurora Engine. With a completely new rendering engine.

-Rogue5-

I got last month's credit card bill last week and it was an even split between Tim Horton's and Steampowered.com (on average a purchase from both was made every three days at around $5)... Now that Tim's finally got debit, I bet next month's bill is gonna be straight steampowered.com.

Krakn3Dfx

It must suck to be a digital game distribution site that isn't Steam between now and January 2nd.

Might as well shut everything down to conserve power until the new year.

-Rogue5- said:
I got last month's credit card bill last week and it was an even split between Tim Horton's and Steampowered.com (on average a purchase from both was made every three days at around $5)... Now that Tim's finally got debit, I bet next month's bill is gonna be straight steampowered.com.

My credit card statements look exactly the same. :lol

Krakn3Dfx

-Rogue5- said:

Man, I miss Tim Horton's.

Starbucks is shit. Why's it gotta be so oily?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
claviertekky said:
Caved in to Toki Tori.

$1.25 with Steam Cloud support makes a lot of sense.
Cloud support with these smaller games is almost a requirement for me now. It's so great to be able to switch between my gaming PC and laptop without any hassle.

clav

Jive Turkey said:
Cloud support with these smaller games is almost a requirement for me now. It's so great to be able to switch between my gaming PC and laptop without any hassle.
Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed how some titles haven't made it a priority like Super Meat Boy. I know I could sync it with Dropbox, but it's just a pain to go through making that when Steam Cloud is right there.

So far I've picked up;

Burnout Paradise
Civ V DLC
Dimensity
Indie 2d Pack (Bullet Candy, Galcon Fusion, Geometry Wars, Super Laser Racer, VVVVVV)
Indie Flight Pack (Dogfighter, Everyday Shooter, Flotilla, Gratuitious Space Battles, Guns of Icarus)
Indie Mix Pack (Cogs, Darwinia, Defcon, Eufloria, Plain Sight)
The Polynomial
Prince of Persia
Super Meat Boy
Vegas: Make it Big
Zen Bound 2

For a total of £39.54.

I hate the fact that Steam sales can make me buy games I already own (PoP, Burnout, etc) just by pricing things so fucking cheap :lol

Picked up Disciples and Polynomial. Already have most of the other games either on PC or other platforms. Wish Arcana was cheaper, that and Risen were 2 games I was really hoping for.

iamtheb

I'd highly recommend Indie Kids Pack. It's well worth the $5 for Crayon Physics Deluxe alone, but when you include Max and the Magic Marker, Toki Tori, Delve Deeper, and, er, Secret of the Magic Crystals (pony/unicorn raising sim) it's a no brainer.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Vitet said:
Why all the praise to defense grid? I personally found it to be way too difficult. I can't save all the cores even in the first stages of the game...

Maybe I'm putting the wrong towers, but the game doesn't give even a hint of what the best placement will be...

This of course is just my opinion
You don't have to save all the cores to win though. On some maps with two routes and two separate core stocks would just give up on one set altogether. The trick, as with all TD gamers, is to maximize distance traveled (not always possible in DG) and the amount of time that units are under attack from each tower, especially key upgraded towers.

so i can only use my ps3 controller as bluetooth with the motionjoy driver??? or is there a way to do it with it plugged in. If not, what kind of bluetooth dongle do i get?

supermeatboy is just laughing at me in my games list.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Bought Burnout AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE RACING GAMES OH GODDAMMIT STEAM I HATE YOU

OH GOD

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TrAcEr_x90 said:
so i can only use my ps3 controller as bluetooth with the motionjoy driver??? or is there a way to do it with it plugged in. If not, what kind of bluetooth dongle do i get?

USB will also work. If you want a bluetooth dongle there's a link in the program to the one they recommend.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
TrAcEr_x90 said:

You can use a USB cable for the PS3 joypad just fine. You can even make it emulate a 360 pad perfectly. You're set.

Bioshock 2 lists SecuROM as a requirement, does the game have non-Steam DRM? Also, what happened to Steam policy of explicitly showing non-Steam DRM? :(

stuminus3

Why didn't it occur to me to plug in one of my PS3 controllers via USB? I'm an idiot. :lol

Not that I'd use it for most games, anyway (I prefer my wired 360 controller) but there's a handful of games that make good use of the Dpad etc.

Minsc

Gold Member
Chriswok said:
Any advice on the Gothic series, Minsc?

Gothic 1 & 2 if you have a high tolerence for older games and hard to adjust to control schemes are incredible, 3 is supposed to be ok with the community patches, 4 not so great.

Better served with Risen, Two Worlds II, Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, or Drakensang (and upcoming expansion) maybe be worth looking at first, sticking to the fantasy themed RPG. Otherwise there's F:NV of course.

JoeBoy101 said:
Wha-Wha-WHAT!?!

Godamnit, now I got to get around and get that game finished. Number 2 looks mounds better to me than 1. But hero import? That's one of my kryptonite elements (player housing is another).

Yup. Pretty much everything except money should carry over (stats and much of the equipment). Devs said carrying money over would break the economy system of the new game.

No doubt in my mind Witcher 2 > Dragon Age 2. So therefor people should be playing The Witcher instead of Dragon Age! :)

jaundicejuice said:
The Witcher looks alright, not exactly a technical showpiece.

It can look beautiful at times. I enjoyed my recent playthrough on max everything settings very much, visually.

Dani said:
You can use a USB cable for the PS3 joypad just fine. You can even make it emulate a 360 pad perfectly. You're set.

the only video tutorial on their site was for a bluetooth dongle? thats why i am so confused when i bootup the motionjoy config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom