• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TrAcEr_x90 said:
the only video tutorial on their site was for a bluetooth dongle? thats why i am so confused when i bootup the motionjoy config
I'm pretty sure those guides are outdated. Just make a restore point, plug in the controller, and do the install. What's the worse that could happen? :D

mantidor

DSN2K said:
I hope Dreamfall and the Longest Journey go on sale, be wanting to pick them both up for about a year...

I'm sure they are on sale right now in gog.com at ridiculous low prices.

I love steam, but I never buy old games with them, gog beats them up easily.

Killthee said:
I'm pretty sure those guides are outdated. Just make a restore point, plug in the controller, and do the install. What's the worse that could happen? :D

well i did install the driver, but i didnt have the controller plugged in yet. mmmm.....

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TrAcEr_x90 said:
well i did install the driver, but i didnt have the controller plugged in yet. mmmm.....
Uninstall it using the program, plug in the controller, and then install it.

Fredescu

JoeBoy101 said:
:lol

Its running on a heavily modified Inifinity engine, IIRC. As long as you have a pretty recent card, you should easily be able to crush it. Even if not, its pretty scalable.
Not sure why you're laughing, it still runs like crap in some parts.

Ihya

Steam has reached the gaming singularity that publishers dream of, the point many have gone insane searching for.

People buy shit. People do not play their shit. People come back to buy even more shit they know more than likely they will never play either, not wishing to miss that daily deal.

Htown said:
This just in from the newsroom

Activision sucks

More as the story develops.

Also, you jokers better be buying Lara Croft.
I'll wait for it to drop on Xbox Live. It'll be twice as costly, but that only means + €3, so... Feel like it'll be a better fit for 360 and I'd rather pay with spacebucks than affect my current economic situation.

So nothing for me today I think.

Fox318

The_Technomancer said:
Oh? I wasn't going to download it now because of how big it was, but how much of it is extra non-gameplay stuff that I can stick on an external drive? How big are the actual game files?
There is about 1.6 gigs of extra stuff that comes with the download. A lot of the data is voice files for all of the different languages.

Lovely price for aion, I like the game a lot and I think even if you only wanted to play it for the first month, the £6 asking price is well worth checking it out.

Tempted to buy puzzle quest for 90pence, I own it on iphone but would be nice to try it out in HD.

Psy-Phi

Freakin Lara Croft and the Gaurdian of Light is only 5.10, and only 3.60 if you own a previous Tomb Raider game....ridiculous. And it can be gifted at that lower rate too. Absolutely sickening, in the best way possible.

snack

Psy-Phi said:
Freakin Lara Croft and the Gaurdian of Light is only 5.10, and only 3.60 if you own a previous Tomb Raider game....ridiculous. And it can be gifted at that lower rate too. Absolutely sickening, in the best way possible.
This is pretty ridiculous. It's like a free game!

My first purchase so far...

mow.jpg

Glix

So...

the GENESIS version of Virtua Fighter 2 is available on Steam. SMH...

C'mon Sega, get it together!

Question... Is MAME free for commercial releases?

Does The Witcher work fine on Windows 7 64bit? I'm getting a new gaming rig in tomorrow and I've owned a Mac for the past few years so I've been out of the loop. I looked up on the wins 7 compatibility site and it didn't really have any info for the version on Steam.

Sysgen

samus4ever said:
Does The Witcher work fine on Windows 7 64bit? I'm getting a new gaming rig in tomorrow and I've owned a Mac for the past few years so I've been out of the loop. I looked up on the wins 7 compatibility site and it didn't really have any info for the version on Steam.

It works fine.

Red

samus4ever said:
Works perfectly for me.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I loved bioshock 1, i have not played the 2nd one yet but it seems it was not as well received? Or is that just GAF's typical sequel sucks mentality? Buy or not?

Red

Buggy Loop said:
I loved bioshock 1, i have not played the 2nd one yet but it seems it was not as well received? Or is that just GAF's typical sequel sucks mentality? Buy or not?
It's like a straight to DVD sequel. Good enough, but not quite there. It's still certainly worth playing.

I'd argue that gameplay is better than in the first, and everything else is worse. Something was lost between 1 and 2, but it's tough to pinpoint exactly what. BS2 is still totally functional, it's just not as smart.

Ihya said:
Steam has reached the gaming singularity that publishers dream of, the point many have gone insane searching for.

People buy shit. People do not play their shit. People come back to buy even more shit they know more than likely they will never play either, not wishing to miss that daily deal.

Nearly half of my steam games I haven't even installed = (

Yesterday:
Super Meatboy
Oddworld Oddboxx

Today:
Burnout Paradise (gift for my oldest son)
Indie Pack (for my daughter can't decide which one)

Bishock 2 for me
Resi 5 (still debating)

Buggy Loop said:
For $10 bucks, it's not bad. It's made by a different studio that had no idea what made Bioshock good.

Phatcorns

Does the Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box come with all the cars unlocked? The only way I could justify getting it is if this were the case.

Minsc said:
Gothic 1 & 2 if you have a high tolerence for older games and hard to adjust to control schemes are incredible, 3 is supposed to be ok with the community patches, 4 not so great.

Better served with Risen, Two Worlds II, Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, or Drakensang (and upcoming expansion) maybe be worth looking at first, sticking to the fantasy themed RPG. Otherwise there's F:NV of course.

Thanks again, saved me £10. :D :lol

Bought the witcher today even though i already have a copy of the UK version. Don't have to wait for it to patch when I play it again, but damn it's 15GB.

Dreohboy

Leonsito said:
Why would you want to play The Witcher with a 360 controller ? It plays perfect with kb+mouse.

Because I type on a keyboard all day. I'd rather not do it when I game (unless forced to).

I'd play every game (including MMOs) with a 360 controller. Don't care if it's slower and less precise. It's easily more comfortable IMHO.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Super Meat Boy yesterday
Polynomial today

kinda light this year in games I want...Last year I had already spent 50 bucks in the first day.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
I hope they do a best of sales because i'm not able to buy more steam stuff until tomorrow so i will miss out on The Witcher.

They did something like that last year right?

Red

Glix said:
I have a keyboard and mouse on the coffee table. I was just playing The Witcher in all its comfy couch glory last night!
I play with a wireless m&k sometimes as well, but it's pretty nice being able to sit back in a chair or lie down and still be able to play. You lose some precision and control options, but you don't have to lean over a table to use a controller.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Dreohboy said:
Because I type on a keyboard all day. I'd rather not do it when I game (unless forced to).

I'd play every game (including MMOs) with a 360 controller. Don't care if it's slower and less precise. It's easily more comfortable IMHO.

Got an xpadder profile by chance?

And i play wow with a controller sometimes, haven't tried to fly around really but i can kill/heal/turn in quests easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom