• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
How is Alpha Protocol? It was on my radar way before release but I remember hearing some negative comments about it.

Was it technical problems, gameplay issues, dull story, what was that negative feedback I remember?

bm1616

Nothing for me today, mostly because I already own stuff that interests me, and stuff I'm not too interested in isn't discounted enough for me to bite.

Ceebs

Darksiders for 10 bucks! Sold!

Anyone try Silent Hunter 5? I avoided it due to the Ubi DRM previously so no clue how it turned out.

Operation Flashpoint is mine.

£5 for Darksiders is great, but I played it on consoles and don't want to replay it yet, and the Mass Effects is the same deal. Nice prices, but not worth re-buying them.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Nothing for me today. Dead rising 2 & Blur are tempting, but i don't really have time for them. (steam backlog etc etc).:lol and I'm trying to stick with the games i planned on getting.

Is deathspank Mouse and Keyboard friendly?

Or would you need to play it with a gamepad?

Thinking about gifting it to a friend but he doesn't have a pad

Wow, so many great deals today...gonna be tough to stick out my 1-game-per-day policy till tomorrow... ;p

But of course my choice has to be Darksiders.

Baha

Dead Rising 2 or Risen? I have a friend that wants me to get DR2 but I've heard good things about Risen. I would get both if I could but I can't :( .

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lets see what is cheaper in places that aren't the US...

Mass Effect 1 is Cheaper in the UK, £4.99 = $7.69
Same with Darksiders.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I just bought darksiders & wings of prey and I know nothing about flight sims :( I don't even own a joystick xD and something tells me my 360 pad doesn't have enough buttons xD

alanias

Can't recommend Risen enough. I love that game. You have to be in the mood for it, but it's one of the better CRPGs I've played.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
DR2 is 60% off if you own RE5.

Damnit. I was hoping for a discount on me2 if I owned the first one.

Also Those ME1 and ME2 prices cant be right. At least the price for ME1. They both show as 50% off yet they are both the same price. I dont think ME1 and ME2 are both normally $20.00.

Minamu

gregor7777 said:
IIRC the 850 wasn't shader model 3 which means it won't work with a lot of modern games that require it.
So not even bare minimum graphics settings will be accepted? :( Guess I bought the game in vain then >_< Don't see my family buying a power house pc (aka anything remotely modern) any time soon :(

Damn, just bought Darksiders on the Direct 2 Drive sale 2 weeks ago for $16. I started it this morning. Seems like an incredible Zelda type game so far.

Sitting on the fence about Deathspank and Patrician IV. Nothing else of interest for me.

Forkball

For those wondering about Alpha Protocol:

The AI is dumb (you shouldn't even call it Artificial Intelligence because that implies some sort of intelligence), and it is the buggiest game I have ever played. However, the story is interesting if you're into spy stories about international espionage, corrupt governments, backstabs, world on verge of war etc. stuff and the dialogue system is great. If you like making choices and interactive cutscenes you should enjoy this game. However, it's hard to recommend this game because the gameplay is sort of just filler to get to the conversations. It's really love/hate, there's no inbetween.

Mairu

ashbash159 said:
What ONE game should I get today? (Apart from Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2)

I'm interested in Alpha Protocol and Darksiders but I think I'm more interested in Darksiders.

I would like to know you guy's opinions.
Darksiders.

I'm considering getting Darksiders again even though I already completely played through the 360 version :lol

kodt

Banned
How is Wings of Prey?

Where does it fall between IL2-Sturmovik and Heroes over Europe in terms of realism?

Also, I will buy Darksiders for $10, but I gotta say... the demo did feel like a mix of God of War and Zelda. But certainly inferior to both.

krzy123

Is the Digital Deluxe edition worth it for ME2? doesnt seem like it to me. Wavering on the $10 ME2 (is there worthwhile DLC for it, im not expecting a GOTY edition since the first one didn't have one)

Moobabe

For anyone on the fence about Alpha Protocol - get it. For that price you can't go wrong -and it's actually pretty damn good!

bluedeviltron said:
Meh again.

Darksiders is a maybe. Is it any better on PC?

Haven't played the console version ,but it plays well on PC and I've heard that there is awful tearing on the consoles, and you can enable V-sync and still have it run perfectly here.

Very interested in Risen, but it is too expensive for me now as I don't really have much money to spend (hoping for 75 percent reduction!). Darksiders is a maybe since I love Zelda games, but I think I will just wait till the next deal.

Furoba said:
Does ME2 run well on a 2010 Macbook Pro i7? Or should I just get the game and its sequel on PS3? (no 360)
It runs really well on my HP dv7-4060 with Phenon II Triple Core (2.1 GHz) and Mobility Radeon HD 5650. Stays in between 40 and 60 fps with everything max at 1280 x 720.

Will probably get Alpha Protocol and/or DeathSpank.

kodt said:
How is Wings of Prey?

Where does it fall between IL2-Sturmovik and Heroes over Europe in terms of realism?

Also, I will buy Darksiders for $10, but I gotta say... the demo did feel like a mix of God of War and Zelda. But certainly inferior to both.

It is Zelda with a touch of God of War combat, but it is much more Zelda than God of War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom