• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

Had an automated call to notify me my Comcast service was restored about 30 minutes ago. On the plus side, now I'm awake for the exciting daily sales rollover. Woo!

Reluctant-Hero said:
Huh? It has issues with W7 64 bit? Bummer, I just bought it for my M11x. =(

Yeah ive been reading its not officially compatible with W7 64 bit unfortunately. But i am sure there are fellow gaffers who have found solutions. It is just I don't want to go through the pain to optimize and fix all kinds of settings for just one game.

I cant believe this.....

I held out all day yesterday, told myself I don't need to buy any games. I think saving my credit card info was a mistake, its so easy to press the button to buy a game.

Aliens vs Predator 5 bucks
just cause 2 7.50

dammit....

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
TrAcEr_x90 said:
I cant believe this.....

I held out all day yesterday, told myself I don't need to buy any games. I think saving my credit card info was a mistake, its so easy to press the button to buy a game.

Aliens vs Predator 5 bucks
just cause 2 7.50

dammit....

you will thank yourself

stuminus3

storafötter said:
Yeah ive been reading its not officially compatible with W7 64 bit unfortunately. But i am sure there are fellow gaffers who have found solutions. It is just I don't want to go through the pain to optimize and fix all kinds of settings for just one game.
No, it's fine on Windows 7x64, you don't have to do anything but launch and play. Most games older than a year old aren't "officially" compatible with Windows 7...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
SalsaShark said:
so how's trials 2 ? convince me before the sale ends
Trials 2 is a well made physics based platformer that doesn't hold your hand. It doesn't just encourage mastery, it demands it. There is a more polished and accessible sequel on the 360 but it's still well worth playing.

I also highly recommend Clones, which is on sale for $2.50. It's a mind bending puzzle game in the vein of Lemmings with a lot of robust multiplayer features.

I've had to do some very minor fiddling to get some older games to work on Windows 7 x64, but even the older ones (like 5+ years) almost always work fine when you get the compatibility mode settings for that particular title down. I think I've had one game not work and it was ten years old.

Darksiders...come on, come on!

stuminus3 said:
No, it's fine on Windows 7x64, you don't have to do anything but launch and play. Most games older than a year old aren't "officially" compatible with Windows 7...

Okay in that case, im buying it. Thanks for the clarification :)!

Well, I decided to pull the trigger on Bully: Scholarship Edition. Hopefully the framerate isn't too atrocious. My rationale is that even if this is a terrible port, it's probably still the best version of the game. :/

Let's go, cue the GIFs!!!

Give me Dead Space 1 c'mon!!

kramerhorse.gif

n0n44m

grabbed Bully ( <3 Rockstar ) and AVP (mediocre game apparently but the Predator campaign should be decent and it has pretty good DX11 graphics) for €7.50 total

hoping for a Episodes From Liberty City sale, although the current €20 price isn't that bad I guess

Shambles

Was just gifted Just Cause 2 and the download speed on the game itself is saying it's in the network of 720kb/s (Which is faster than my connection) and at the top it's saying the download rate is closer to 600kb/s (which it should be). Valve breaking space/time?

So yesterday Steam had a discount deal where you saved money on Assassins Creed 2 if you already owned AC1. What were the discount deals for the first 2 days?

1-D_FTW

storafötter said:

If you read the patch history, they released a patch 6 months after release that fixed Windows 7 64-bit (with more than 2GB memory) randomly crashing. If they bothered to release a patch then, I'm sure they cleared the issues.

I <3 Memes said:
So yesterday Steam had a discount deal where you saved money on Assassins Creed 2 if you already owned AC1. What were the discount deals for the first 2 days?

Portal the first day, Lara Croft the second day.

kodt

Banned
I want these 50-75% off

Fallout: New Vegas
Mafia II
Civ V

Also I want to try 007 Blood Stone, but want to spend $15 or less.

And I want to see MW2 go on sale...just once. Even if it is $5 off. :lol

Ifrit

Interested in Dragon Age - Origins Ultimate Edition, Lost Planet, Torchlight, Red Faction Guerilla and Fallout 3 GOTY Edition

I know some of them have been recently on sale, but I want to believe

CaLe

kodt said:
I want these 50-75% off

Fallout: New Vegas
Mafia II
Civ V

Also I want to try 007 Blood Stone, but want to spend $15 or less.

And I want to see MW2 go on sale...just once. Even if it is $5 off. :lol

Yeahhh... Don't think that's going to happen :p At least not at 75%. These games are too recent and Fallout is already selling well.

kodt

Banned
CaLe said:
Yeahhh... Don't think that's going to happen :p At least not at 75%. These games are too recent and Fallout is already selling well.

My roomie bought New Vegas on 360 so I feel bad paying full price for PC version considering I can play it for free, but I want mods. :D

It's really awesome to see so many people still interested in Bloodlines. If I had any say about it, I'd put it on sale for you guys.

I don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom