• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceebs

kinggroin said:
Omg... why aren't you people buying risen!?!? By far the Best rpg of 2009. Where the hell is evil lore?
Risen is easily the best RPG of this "generation". I would go as far as to say it's even better than The Witcher. It has all the exploration elements of something like the Bethesda games, but a much better designed world. The world feels very natural and real. Instead of massive areas that seem randomly generated, Risen packs a ton into small spaces. It's hard to go more than a minute without finding something that will drag you off the path you were on. The character models are kinda iffy, but the lighting in the game is FANTASTIC.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
This is potentially a very, very expensive day for me.

Going to try to keep it down to Dead Rising 2 and Silent Hunter 5. This will be a trying time for me, because I also really want Wings of Prey, Risen, and Darksiders.

-Rogue5-

Furoba said:
Does ME2 run well on a 2010 Macbook Pro i7? Or should I just get the game and its sequel on PS3? (no 360)

It runs well (~25-30fps) on a C2D 2.4GHz 2010 MBP 13"... with a 320m...at almost maxed out settings... So yes, it'll probably run maxed out (at 1280x800 anyway) on a 2010 MBP i7.

TheFatOne

Found this one CAG.

Okay here is the deal. Check this link.
http://www.direct2drive.com/promos/indie-sale/

In there you will find all the games on sale.

use coupon code : holidaytreats

This will net you 20% off all the games sale prices making them this price (this is after coupon)
PvZ $4.00
The Ball $4.00 (key registrable on steam)
Trine $2.00
Defense Grid : $2.00
Torchlight $4.00

Those are the highlights. All deals are for PC enjoy! By the way holidaytreats is valid on any and all games, I have not tried pre-orders but unless you spend $49.95 it is the best coupon code for direct2drive at the moment, because bahhumbug is 25% off $49.95, but unless you spend that much this is a much better deal for most games. Also this deal ends at 10am Monday. Thought I should mention that. Enjoy!

Salaadin

Dizzy-4U said:
The in-game items that you get are not worth it imo. You can do just fine with regular. I haven't watched the making of yet so I have no comments there...

Thank you sir. Ill go with standard and save 10 bucks.

CiSTM

Banned
Wasted 3€ on Flashpoint :( I know I ain't gonna play it ever but it was so dam cheap! Now I'm totally bummed out. Blood Bowl is only game I wan't from todays deals but it's still too expensive for me.

teiresias

Oh lord, so much today. Darksiders definitely, was going to get it on PS3, but think I'll do PC on this one - particularly at this price.

How's Risen? Never really read up on it. Looks in the vein of Gothic, which I like, but with Witcher 2 coming out (and already a backlog from the rest of the sale), I don't know if I'd get around to it, and it's the most expensive of the three games I'd want.

Finally, are both ME games worth it? Haven't played either, but I'm wondering if I should just skip ME1 and get the PS3 release of ME2 instead of this.

Instro

charlequin said:
Two days in a row with nothing for me. What... is this cold, empty feeling inside? :lol

Me too, have we beaten Steam?

Oh and for those wondering, Alpha Protocol is well worth it.

To those who get Mass Effect. Remember, the Bring Down the Sky DLC is free but you have to go to Bioware's site to get the installer. You also have to register your steam cd key to get the Bring Down the Sky dlc code. It's a bit of a hassle but the content is pretty damn good in my opinion.

krzy123

Dizzy-4U said:
The in-game items that you get are not worth it imo. You can do just fine with regular. I haven't watched the making of yet so I have no comments there...

Thanks, will get the non DD, don't care about the other extras, which I will never watch/read/listen to.

Went for Mass Effect 2 and Wings of Prey, was debating getting Darksiders, but that would push the amount to nearly 30 euros. So I ended up with just the first two.

Ceebs

Oh for those debating Alpha Protocol, go for it. It's honestly about 10 years ahead of it's time in terms of the choices you make effecting the story. It's a very flawed game, but I doubt you will see another game attempt what it did to the same scale for years.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn I'm thinking about picking up darksiders, alpha protocol although I think its been cheaper than that before? Deathspank, someone did say it sucked though so might wait for more opinions. Dead rising 2 i should get and blur is still a 50/50.

teiresias said:
Oh lord, so much today. Darksiders definitely, was going to get it on PS3, but think I'll do PC on this one - particularly at this price.

How's Risen? Never really read up on it. Looks in the vein of Gothic, which I like, but with Witcher 2 coming out (and already a backlog from the rest of the sale), I don't know if I'd get around to it, and it's the most expensive of the three games I'd want.

Finally, are both ME games worth it? Haven't played either, but I'm wondering if I should just skip ME1 and get the PS3 release of ME2 instead of this.

Yes. ME2 will be 10x better if you play through ME1 and a lot of people prefer the first to the second.

aku08

BobsRevenge said:
This is potentially a very, very expensive day for me.

i now have alpha, risen, darksiders, ME2, and the new back to the future game in my cart right now. im gonna keep staring at it until the inevitable time when i click on purchase.

but until then im gonna keep trying to talk myself out of it.

JudgeN said:
Mass effect still $10? I can understand why ME2 is but why the first one? Steam you are kind of lettings me down this year, guess my wallet can thank you.

I should bought ME last year when it was $5.

It's weird because they both show up as 50% off. They are the same price because they both show the original price as $20. I dont think that me1 and me2 are normally the same price are they?

vocab

Darksiders doesn't have video customization for people that want to pick it up. I think it's a boring ass game, but if you're into killing the same enemies over and over, go for it.

Darklord said:
What's wings of prey like with a mouse/keyboard? Awful?

It's a PC game. It's fine.

stuminus3

I vaguely remember buying the regular edition of ME2 for $14.99 a couple of months back, non-sale price. I remember it because I thought it was odd that it was so cheap already. Must have been a mistake. Cool. :lol

I picked up the ME2 Digital Deluxe Edition and ME1 over the summer as a bundle, I could swear it was $20 for both. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll have to check my receipts...

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
CiSTM said:
Wasted 3€ on Flashpoint :( I know I ain't gonna play it ever but it was so dam cheap! Now I'm totally bummed out. Blood Bowl is only game I wan't from todays deals but it's still too expensive for me.
Its a pretty good game if you allow yourself to really get into it. I ended up playing it far more than I expected to. It fills its own niche between Arma and something like the recent Medal of Honor. It actually kind of reminds me of Delta Force.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dead Rising 2? Mass Effect 2? Alpha Protocol?

you did it, you beautiful bastards

that's 3 off the top of my wishlist

Picked up Wings of Prey, Wings of the Luftwaffe, Doc Clock, Patrician IV, Winterbottom, Shattered Union & BC Kings - total damage since the sale started; £58. Fuck you Steam :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom