• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dresden said:
Yeah, by
putting a dick in her.
Good guy.

That might have helped yes :p

Being fair he does it to the other girls too and if i remember correctly even gets a threesome :p

The only other thing i will give him some credit for.

Jexhius said:
For reference:

Motoko – Ghost in the Shell
Balsa – Guardian of the Sacred Spirit
Noa – Patlabor
Shinobu – Patlabor
Kanuka – Patlabor
Kumagami – Patlabor
Maki – Airmaster
Kaori – Airmaster
Kai – Airmaster
Yuki - Airmaster
Revy – Black Lagoon
Balalaika – Black Lagoon
Christina – War in the Pocket
Sochie - ∀ Gundam
Oscar – Rose of Versailles
Kei – Dirty Pair
Yuri – Dirty Pair
The cast of Sailor Moon
Utena – Utena
Juri – Utena
Lafiel – Crest of the Stars
Michiko – Michiko e Hatchin

Etc. There's plenty more!

I agree with this list (for the ones i watched).

Thoraxes

Infinite Justice said:

Being fair he does it to the other girls too and if i remember correctly even gets a threesome :p

Also, apparently locked up in a safe is
the Illyasviel H-scene. I need to go find the interview to give you proper source though, but I did read that.

Instro

Obsessed said:
I've only seen episode 1 of F/Z so I was asking if my initial impressions of her were correct. Firehawk said yes, but you are saying no.

Who do I believe :(
I would say episode 2-3(particularly 3) doesn't show what you described, at least at the moment anyway. So far she has been more the calm type, with some smiles and upbeat scenes here and there.

Infinite Justice said:

Its pretty much
one girl per route. Rin only participated in the first bit (the threesome) because she was the only one who knew how to correctly do the prana exchange(which was the entire reason for this to begin with). Shirou and Saber do share a second time together, and Saber shyfully plays it off as needing another 'exchange'.

Second route is more or less Rin's route, and their need for that is Shirou is the one that needs extra power to fight our Golden asshole. Still, Rin does fall for him in that route.

Third route is Sakura, who ends up getting the most screen time in that. There is one scene though of Shirou and Rin, however it was more or less a dream-induced sequence by Rider as she siphoned off energy from Shirou.

The only other threesome in in the sequel Fate Hollow Ataraxia, another Rider dream sequence in which she is a participant with Sakura.

Thoraxes said:
Also, apparently locked up in a safe is the Illyasviel H-scene. I need to go find the interview to give you proper source though, but I did read that.

I think you meant that
The Ilya route was planned and scrapped, as thats what I remember from the interview that I think you're referring to.

Just watched the last episode of Iron Man. It sucks the way it ended. I just watched 4 episodes on my DVR to conclude it. Now I gotta do the same with Wolverine before our uverse is replaced on Tuesday and we lose all our recorded shows.

iavi

icarus-daedelus said:
Get over yourself. I spent the day picking out flaws in a prior show which was directed by...yes...you guessed it...Kunihiko Ikuhara! Sometimes in the same posts I quoted you in, which makes me think you only read parts of posts where you're directly quoted. So you can fuck right off with the ad hominems and accusations of uncritical rabid fandom like "circle jerking." Not gonna look over my fucking shoulder to make sure my like or dislike of something he's associated with meets your approval, though, so whatever.

At one point you did specifically ask for realism in a fantastical show about a magical penguin hat that revives people which, frankly, I find to be absurd. Sorry. It actually never crossed my mind to be bothered by this at all, not because it is "just anime" but generally, in fiction, I don't have a problem accepting such a thing. In fact, I find it intriguing to have fantastical worlds existing in fiction because straight-up slice of life realism and/or it's all in their head is kind of dull tbh. The juxtaposition of the two can be kind of exciting in itself. Maybe the show is just not for you because it requires too much suspension of disbelief for fantastic goings on? Maybe Library World and Hat World function on different levels?

I still don't see the inconsistency. If the penguin hat has the power to pull people into an alternate dimension of sorts which seems to be at least partially controlled by
dead Momoka's psyche/ghost/soul/whatever
, why is it unreasonable that it should do such a thing from across town?

Also, I'm serious here, I don't think you ever made it through the show, but did the nonsensical magical stairs in Revolutionary Girl Utena ever bother you?

First off, calling examples to question is hardly what I'd call a baseless 'accusation.' Second, you get the fuck over yourself. I couldn't care less to watchdog your opinion, but if you're going to gang up and throw stones from the behind the bushes instead of confronting me directly than I'm going to torch that fucking bush. It always amazes me when seemingly smart people go 'HOW DARE HE ACCUSE ME OF PARTICIPATING IN GROUP THINK!' When, yes, shit like that does very much exist, and, in this case, was even exemplified.

I've made my stance clear, multiple times. Hito, mentioned the Bishoujo's Library/Survival strategy not being the same thing. That's an understandable stance. It's not an absolute one, at all, but I can see how that'd be the case. That would also render my complaint mute, and I would have no problem with that, but as I see it now, it is an inconsistency that I believe should be made clear.

And to note, yes I questioned the stairs in Utena, but all through my time of watching there was never this moment of them being this incredibly fantastic element, only to be grounded a bit, then become wholly fantastic again for the sake of convenience. Maybe that happens later on down the line, idk. It creates a disconnect, and you can bet your fucking ego I'd complain about it then too.

oh god, anime Minene Uryu looks lame :(

XrJtW.jpg

vs.

szRU9.png

I'm sad now

Gundam AGE 2
tumblr_lt6dew2O3T1qfwzeuo3_500.gif

It had a pretty cool entrance and space combat once the AGE System got to working. My mind was blown at how that would be possible in real life but wow. The Gundam needs to be mass produced or else utter destruction will happen, impressive if Flit can take down the stronger UE MS.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
I dunno, I think you either have a persecution complex (gang up and throw stones at you from bushes? this is a public forum!) or you're awfully delicate.

More than one person disagreeing with your opinion on this specific issue or finding it odd is not groupthink, especially when we may disagree on other issues relating to said show and/or director.
To be fair, some shows are sacred cows so it's almost not worth posting about them. I only post about MPD because Lafiel eggs me on, otherwise I wouldn't bother anymore.

iavi

icarus-daedelus said:
I dunno, I think you either have a persecution complex (gang up and throw stones at you from bushes? this is a public forum!) or you're awfully delicate.

More than one person disagreeing with your opinion on this specific issue or finding it odd is not groupthink, especially when we may disagree on other issues relating to said show and/or director.

Ha, nice try, but don't attempt to spin this. It's not a matter of disagreeing with my opinion. I've stated this a million times. I've had opinions that no one in animugaf have really agreed with before, and I've only responded when they're questioned and have not once played like a little lamb to slaughter. But again, when someone rather run off to support and engage in a passive agressive heap of nonsense, rather than deal directly, I'm going to call that shit out--Stated plainly since you want play cute and forget what a metaphor is all of a sudden.

Instro

Gundam Age 2

RPG mechanics in my Gundam.
He gets new gear as his experience increases through battle? Come on now.

iavi

icarus-daedelus said:
None of it was passive-aggressive in the first place, dude. Krev expressed disbelief at your opinion, I responded with "you had to, like, be there," and Jex, trejo, and Brandy made sarcastic asides about it as they are wont to do. People take the piss out of each other and are unserious here all the time and I honestly think you took this way too sensitively and personally. Here, I'll quote them again:

I'm sorry if you took this to be passive-aggressively attacking you, and I will apologize for that, but many (if not all) of these comments were said in a joking, light-hearted manner. None of us were thinking, even subconsciously, "yeah, that'll show Miri for disagreeing with the pengu hivemind!"

Anyway, I already directly addressed you in a non-threatening manner on this issue earlier on in the thread and I think it produced fairly civil discussion. Why I would be suddenly compelled to maliciously throw mud in your face is a mystery, given that. Capisce?

The thing I don't understand is, if you didn't get the metaphor, why are you still attaching yourself to it and elevating my stance? Exact words, I said it was annoying, which it is. When someone's trying to have a critical discussion for once, and doesn't get much more than heckles from the fanbase, it is annoying, ms. I wasn't hurt emotionally, due to sensitivity, lol. I wasn't raging. I simply called exactly what you guys were doing, proven conveniently by the quotes you posted, what it is: flat out annoying.

The real tension didn't come in till you came in swinging with your 'fuck offs.'

So, allow me continue along that line one final time; Fuck MPD, and fuck this whole exchange. I just don't care anymore.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
What I meant was that supporters of the show had, for example, complaints about various episodes - 10, 14 - which they thought were flawed for whatever reasons. There clearly is not a consensus on gaffu about MPD even amongst people who admit to generally liking it.

Haha, I already got tagged as a "hater" by most of the people in the club, so automajically my opinions are dismissed. I think Miri is talking more about that mindset.

Serious Business going on in here

Wheeljack539 said:
Its pretty much
one girl per route. Rin only participated in the first bit (the threesome) because she was the only one who knew how to correctly do the prana exchange(which was the entire reason for this to begin with). Shirou and Saber do share a second time together, and Saber shyfully plays it off as needing another 'exchange'.

Second route is more or less Rin's route, and their need for that is Shirou is the one that needs extra power to fight our Golden asshole. Still, Rin does fall for him in that route.

Third route is Sakura, who ends up getting the most screen time in that. There is one scene though of Shirou and Rin, however it was more or less a dream-induced sequence by Rider as she siphoned off energy from Shirou.

The only other threesome in in the sequel Fate Hollow Ataraxia, another Rider dream sequence in which she is a participant with Sakura.

Was just looking at the HCGs and i didn't know that Rider one was a Dream sequence. That's a great dream then. :)

I think you meant that
The Ilya route was planned and scrapped, as thats what I remember from the interview that I think you're referring to.

Well that new girl in the sequel kinda looked like her anyways :p

Instro

firehawk12 said:
Haha, I already got tagged as a "hater" by most of the people in the club, so automajically my opinions are dismissed. I think Miri is talking more about that mindset.
Can't be trusted after all your Iroha hate.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't been following the conversation here for more than a week or so, because
after a while highlighting spoilers willy nilly starts to make no sense :p
. I do vaguely remember darkside being kind of bagged on early on, though. Hitokage is a capricious tagger indeed.
This is why everyone should just watch Ben-to instead; we should all learn to be wolves.

Infinite Justice said:
Serious Business going on in here

Well that new girl in the sequel kinda looked like her anyways :p

From Fate/Hollow Ataraxia? If that's who you're talking about it surprised the hell outta me by whose daughter she was.

She's
Kotomine's daughter, from the wife that died that was mentioned in Fate Zero ep 1.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
mAcOdIn said:
you mean Lunch's mightiest disciple Saito?

I love the show by the way.
I wonder who would win in a fight. The Wizard from Ben-to or the Wizard from... The Wizard. These are the serious questions we must strive to answer.

Wheeljack539 said:
From Fate/Hollow Ataraxia? If that's who you're talking about it surprised the hell outta me by whose daughter she was.

She's
Kotomine's daughter, from the wife that died that was mentioned in Fate Zero ep 1.

Yea that nun called Karen

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:

But you ARE a hater, you hater.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Proelite said:
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 3:

Wow at the beginning.

This show is seriously hilarious.
The most efficient harem ever!

zeroshiki said:
But you ARE a hater, you hater.
Haters gonna hate, drinking haterade on the way to the hate train express to Hate City.

sonicmj1

Ben-to 02

It's no fluke. This show is legitimately fun. It's making me wonder if I should re-evaluate High School of the Dead.

Like, in some ways, this show takes the premise seriously, but because the premise is so ridiculous, you can't take it seriously, so it's fun to watch things happen. All the talk about "pride" and "respect" when people are brawling over cheap box lunches just heightens the comedy. I look forward to next week. What other crazy things can occur in the protagonist's search for cheap, tasty supermarket fare?

With HSotD, I liked the first episode because it seemed to play the whole thing very straight, and I can take a zombie survival scenario seriously, even with the random acts of fanservice they were throwing into it. But watching it, I kept wanting the show to try to be more than it was, so it was frustrating when it descended into nothing but gratuitous panty shots. The last episode I watched was the source of the infamous .gif that, at this point, seems to characterize the show.

I wonder if I'd enjoy that show more if I expected nothing of it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
icarus-daedelus said:
Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't been following the conversation here for more than a week or so, because
after a while highlighting spoilers willy nilly starts to make no sense :p
. I do vaguely remember darkside being kind of bagged on early on, though. Hitokage is a capricious tagger indeed.

I feel like I've become vindicated as the show has progressed (or you know hasn't).

I don't hate the show, but I certainly think it's massively overrated. I guess that's being a hater though.

Articalys

C3 3

This show really is a lot more than anyone could have assumed from just the trailers. I still love some of the artistic design choices they use, especially with color and light. Hopefully they'll be able to keep the balance of comedy vs. drama in the upcoming episodes, if the bit after the credits is any (hilarious) indication.

Hunter x Hunter R 3

What the flying fuck is this shit!? Flowers!? They keep the guy's shining boner in the credits but can't even get one of his first defining moments right? What's gonna happen when Killua
rips a dude's heart out of his chest? Is it going to disintegrate into rolls of tasty pastries?
They even censored a bit of his backstory by saying he
ALMOST killed one of the examiners instead of saying he killed one/a few. We already know people kill people in this show, so what's the point?

And what the hell did they do to Hanzo's eyebrows? Then we got Killua who is acting a lot nicer unless I'm remembering wrong. Either way, super disappointing.

Gonna keep watching, but with extremely tempered expectations. It does look like the pace is slowing down as it only covered 1 episode this time. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but it may speed up again if the preview is anything to go by.

firehawk12 said:
This is why everyone should just watch Ben-to instead; we should all learn to be wolves.
Its got to be one of the funniest shows I've seen in a while. I lost it when the girl was telling the MC he should be thankful for his meal, and he was just staring at her chest the whole time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hellsing321 said:
Its got to be one of the funniest shows I've seen in a while. I lost it when the girl was telling the MC he should be thankful for his meal, and he was just staring at her chest the whole time.
This is where it gets meta. Was HE staring at her breasts, or were WE? Dum dum duuuuuuuum.

cosmicblizzard said:
Hunter x Hunter R 3

What the flying fuck is this shit!? Flowers!? They keep the guy's shining boner in the credits but can't even get one of his first defining moments right? What's gonna happen when Killua
rips a dude's heart out of his chest? Is it going to disintegrate into rolls of tasty pastries?
They even censored a bit of his backstory by saying he
ALMOST killed one of the examiners instead of saying he killed one/a few. We already know people kill people in this show, so what's the point?

And what the hell did they do to Hanzo's eyebrows? Then we got Killua who is acting a lot nicer unless I'm remembering wrong. Either way, super disappointing.

Gonna keep watching, but with extremely tempered expectations. It does look like the pace is slowing down as it only covered 1 episode this time. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but it may speed up again if the preview is anything to go by.

Is this where nerf Hisoka appears?

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
This is where it gets meta. Was HE staring at her breasts, or were WE? Dum dum duuuuuuuum.

I really can't watch shows with excessive fanservice. The incessant panty shots in Rosario to Vampire comes to mind.

Will I hate this if so?

zeroshiki said:
I really can't watch shows with excessive fanservice. The incessant panty shots in Rosario to Vampire comes to mind.

Will I hate this if so?
Probably. I mean theres a girl who's face we have yet to see. She has literally been nothing but a walking pair of breasts for the first two episodes.

Thoraxes

Wheeljack539 said:
I think you meant that
I was hoping someone would help me on this. I couldn't entirely remember that too well at all, but yeah, I think that's it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:

Will I hate this if so?
Actually, there haven't been any pantsu shots that I can remember. Most of it has been of the boob physics variety. Certainly he doesn't fall face first into a girl's crotch anyway.

Cwarrior

HXH ep3

lolol spray of Flowers????

what piss me off was not that they censored it but how they did it, by giving a character a power he doesn't have.

manga-
it's never shown how the guy lose his hands but you just see him with his hands missing(no blood) and hisoka going "magic ladies and gentlemen"

original Hxh anime-
they took the smart route by not having this scene but just showing hisoka throwing a card and scaring the shit out of the guy

Crises averted with killua eyes they look fine.

Fate Zero ep3

Rider and waver are an awesome duo really fun watching them, on the other hand saber is a boring and annoying character who needs to get laid.

Less saber more everyone else

Infinite Justice said:
Is this where nerf Hisoka appears?

I wouldn't call him nerfed since his got
the power to turn your hands into flowers

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Actually, there haven't been any pantsu shots that I can remember. Most of it has been of the boob physics variety. Certainly he doesn't fall face first into a girl's crotch anyway.

Does he have the Mayo Chiki dude's mutant ability to undress girls?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
firehawk12 said:
Sounds like a case of mismatched priorities.

Articalys

Phi Brain 3

Still in the cast-building phase, but it was enjoyable enough, though Cubic was really a jerk at first. Gammon is still king of reactions. Looks like we'll get our final team member next episode, then hopefully the plot will really start up.
Also, the rank-and-file Givers really seem to be sore losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom