• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Last exile -fam of silver wing(haven't seen the first)

-op's good but doesn't compare to the last one
-nice clouds
-with the female to male ratio of the main cast I expect there to be quite bit of yuri
-am reminded how I just can't stay awake during anime sky/space fleet battles

Your standard nations at war, fleets being ridiculed by weaker opposition and blahblah royal family which all combine to put me into a deep sleep, so not for me, but the steampunk twist is nice at least but still not enough.

Frosteey

Neo Member
I watched an episode of the thing with tomodachis because someone said something about monster hunters but ugh : ( Like, one instance of something moderately amusing but I could not watch the whole thing.

So I watched Idolmaster 9 and it was nice to go to a show with some actual comedic timing and, um, jokes. Can barely even believe I like this as much as I do. Pretty decent way to approach a twin episode, too, with only spending a pretty small amount of time talking about twin stuff.

Kind of amazing though that there is a new ending song for every episode and I still have not liked a single one.

Steroyd

trejo said:
Squid Girl S2 episode IV: A New Hope

All three segments were pretty funny in their own way. From the surprinsingly competent engrish puns to tickling fetishes to naval warfare and the return of mini Squid Girl.

And now to wait for the next episode and more puns. :(

No worries we can always claw our way to finding the bear necessity of teddylicious puns midweek.

Mirai Nikki ep 2
tumblr_lt6iplZk6k1qdbhp3o2_500.jpg

This was such a random moment.
I didnt think an anime would really kill innocents, children no less, but surprises happen everyday.
Episode was so fast paced though suspenseful with the ever changing diary entries. I think its going a bit fast,
/ 12 already revealed just in episode 2.

Jintor

Do you know that episode of Digimon Adventures 01 where Tai ends up back in the real world at the end of the Etemon arc? I never noticed this as a child, but the production values jump through the roof (relatively speaking) temporarily. Different camera angles, intricately detailed backgrounds, even less goofy-looking character models. Not to say it's brilliant, it's still cheapo 90s animation, but compared to the rest of the series it's just a huge one-episode quality jump.

I kind of wish they hadn't gag-dubbed that episode, but the english cast still managed to put some heart into it. Kairi, hnnnnngh

Jintor said:
Do you know that episode of Digimon Adventures 01 where Tai ends up back in the real world at the end of the Etemon arc? I never noticed this as a child, but the production values jump through the roof (relatively speaking) temporarily. Different camera angles, intricately detailed backgrounds, even less goofy-looking character models. Not to say it's brilliant, it's still cheapo 90s animation, but compared to the rest of the series it's just a huge one-episode quality jump.

I kind of wish they hadn't gag-dubbed that episode, but the english cast still managed to put some heart into it. Kairi, hnnnnngh

You can thank Mamoru Hosoda for that gem of an episode.

Urusei Yatsura 2

Not as funny as the first ep. but still has its moments like the pissed off propane delivery guy, Ataru snapping, the penguin's running loose and Ten's attempt to fix Earth's ecosystem. Looking forward to the next one.

Blader

Jintor said:

Mamoru Hosoda directed that ep, and then directed the first couple movies.

Articalys

There are clearly some massive shenanigans at play here, for Mikoto to have been so unstoppable before yet lose like this.

A Final
1st 446 Astarotte Ygvar @ Astarotte's Toy!
2nd 327 Mikoto Misaka @ A Certain Magical Index

schSq.png

Articalys said:
There are clearly some massive shenanigans at play here, for Mikoto to have been so unstoppable before yet lose like this.

A Final

http://i.imgur.com/schSq.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Hey, Lotte won! Awesome.

Articalys said:

A Final

schSq.png

Kugiloli man, Kugiloli.

Articalys said:

A Final

QUOTE]Jman stuffing the ballot box.

Defuser

Last Exile Fam ep1
For some reason I keep on wishing for Claus and Lavie to return :( It's been 8 years since the first one I kinda forget almost everything about it.

cajunator said:
Ika Musume S2 episode 4

Upon hearing that chibi-Ika begins here I skipped to this episode. OMG Squid girl speaking engrish is the cutest fucking thing I have ever seen.

cutest sentence was:

Z0iYP.jpg

She can invade me anytime!

But I wonder if they will learn spanish in the english dub version.

mAcOdIn

faridmon said:
So its safe to say we have another FRACTALE on our hand. Sweet...
Huh, did the director promise to retire if it sucked? I sure hope so because the first episode was pretty insulting.

faridmon

mAcOdIn said:
Huh, did the director promise to retire if it sucked? I sure hope so because the first episode was pretty insulting.
Did the director Of Fractale retiired because that show sucked? Damn that is harsh :/

faridmon

mAcOdIn said:
I don't think he did but he said he would before hand or something like that.
Not only did he deliver a very stupid show, but he made a very stupid comment as well? How the hell did he get the job with that sort of attitude...

Jex

EmmanuelMunoz said:
I don't like the NA poster.

Still excited to finally see the movie.
I've always liked lovely CG faces. Plus now you know she's small, which the other poster totally failed to tell you. Thanks.

NewFresh

Jexhius said:
I've always liked lovely CG faces. Plus now you know she's small, which the other poster totally failed to tell you. Thanks.

SHE IS HOLDING A SPOON!

But yeah, the poster gives off a more " This February. Witness the story of a CG child who stalk his prey..." kind of vibe.

Jex

SonicX_Zero said:
Urusei Yatsura 2

Not as funny as the first ep. but still has its moments like the pissed off propane delivery guy, Ataru snapping, the penguin's running loose and Ten's attempt to fix Earth's ecosystem. Looking forward to the next one.
It's a show which really changes quite a bit over it's run, as you'll see if you ever hit season 2.

faridmon said:
Guys, How is Un-Go? I was sort of hyped about that show, did it deliver?
It has somewhat decent material but the poor pacing and editing ruins it - the plot is rushed and the characters undeveloped. I'm giving it one more shot but I can't see it being worth watching with the approach it's taking.

mAcOdIn

faridmon said:
Not only did he deliver a very stupid show, but he made a very stupid comment as well? How the hell did he get the job with that sort of attitude...
Bravado goes a long way.
hosannainexcelsis said:
It has somewhat decent material but the poor pacing and editing ruins it - the plot is rushed and the characters undeveloped. I'm giving it one more shot but I can't see it being worth watching with the approach it's taking.
I don't know if that's what I'd call the main points. The main thing I had with it is that for something dealing with "cases" or a mystery it was completely illogical, there were no clues for the viewer so that they could play along and worse yet solving the case was less of an investigation or case at all and just the hero telling you what happened. It was all very matter of fact, boring and lacked any intrigue or suspense. I guess you could file that under lot but to me it just seems like it's style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom