• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Jexhius said:
Nope. If you pay attention you can see that all the other screens are 'normal looking' instrument screens. She just happens to pull that one down to actually play a videogame. It has nothing to do with the combat.

That's tragic :( Bejeweled crossover possibilities were endless.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Enduring the Endurance Run: Persona 4! 153: It is very irksome to see Jeff and Vinnie continuously doing little stuff that nags the fuck out of me. Like, every time they fuse a Persona, they take one or two extra clicks to randomise the skills. I guess nobody pointed it out to them? That said I love their zero-tolerance on all and any religious symbols they find regardless of their origin. Satan is weak to wind! That's hilarious. As a Persona he is overrated th-

Wait a minute, this isn't a cartoon!

My Little Persona: Social Linking is Magic 03: Episodes where Chie are the most moé are the most adorable. Was the dog scene from the manga? I'd love to see if they include more material like that.

Action was good for the one or two minutes it comprised. It is weird to see Charlie summoning Personae like that. So can he call Helel or Trumpeter just like that as soon as he obtains the corresponding Arcana?

I also liked what they did to Chie's awakening to her true self. It's a more visually engaging representation of her acceptance to Shadow Chie than just watching Jiraiya cast Garudyne the shit out of banana-head.

Erigu

[Mawaru-Penguindrum]

Because I don't mind coming up with silly theories that end up completely missing the mark!
After this change from the Father Tower to the Tôkyô Tower, will the next big destiny change turn the Kiga attacks into the Aum ones? Hence the identical date? Are they heading towards our world? Is that why Ringo is burning in both openings? To save the siblings from their cursed fate?

cajunator

Banned
weeaboo said:
So, about the Guilty Crown production values...

u3cpQ.jpg
Who cares? She's cute. It doesn't matter.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ezalc said:
Just started watching Initial D. What should I expect besides bad CG cars.

Awesomeness.

Initial D is so great. Tons of eurobeat, a cheesy as all hell storyline and car races. What's not to love?

5th Stage, where :(

Ezalc

Miri said:
Lots of eurobeat, and awesome races.

After watching the first episode this show just makes me want to learn how to drift in a real car. I'm looking forward to the races though, looks like it'll be fun.

cajunator

Banned
Mature said:
because it's nightmare level disturbing to have a skull that large
vSuUq.jpg
As opposed to everything else that can be found in anime, right?
Nothing in anime is remotely nightmarish or disturbing, not even those huge eyes!

LordCanti

Erigu said:
[Mawaru-Penguindrum Episode 15]

Because I don't mind coming up with silly theories that end up completely missing the mark!
After this change from the Father Tower to the Tôkyô Tower, will the next big destiny change turn the Kiga attacks into the Aum ones? Hence the identical date? Are they heading towards our world? Is that why Ringo is burning in both openings? To save the siblings from their cursed fate?

Since I'm not that great with Japanese, I was having trouble figuring that out. Is
this show really a Stein's Gate-esque chaos theory show, with any deviations from the diary causing the world to change drastically to another timeline? Did Momoka ruin destiny to save Yuri, and cause the change in Tokyo Tower (from man to spire?) and causing divine retribution in the process?

Without knowing exactly what was going on, it's hard to say.

Mature

I actually haven't watched the show so I didn't know what the character looked like normally which isn't nearly as bad as that specific shot.

That picture of her is beyond normal large head anime convention, however...

7Th

PdotMichael said:
She is not the problem! But Ayase... unforgivable!!! Mini-orgasm in episode 1 and bouncing boobs in episode 2... argh!

Ayase wasn't kicked in the face with the only purpose of getting her breasts to bounce.

Erigu

[Mawaru-Penguindrum]
LordCanti said:
Is
this show really a Stein's Gate-esque chaos theory show, with any deviations from the diary causing the world to change drastically to another timeline? Did Momoka ruin destiny to save Yuri, and cause the change in Tokyo Tower (from man to spire?) and causing divine retribution in the process?
Seems like it.
She can change destiny by writing in her diary, but she has to pay the price (saving a rabbit's life -> a wounded finger, saving Yuri from her father -> a severe burn wound).

Steroyd

PdotMichael said:
She is not the problem! But Ayase... unforgivable!!! Mini-orgasm in episode 1 and bouncing boobs in episode 2... argh!

But she feels it when the mecha gets attacked!!

At least it isn't as bad as Sousei no Aquarion.

LordCanti

Erigu said:
[Mawaru-Penguindrum Episode 15]

Seems like it.
She can change destiny by writing in her diary, but she has to pay the price (saving a rabbit's life -> a wounded finger, saving Yuri from her father -> a severe burn wound).

Aah, that makes sense now. So
Tabuki wanted the rabbit saved, and it cost him a deep cut in his fingers? Did she come right out and say that Sanetoshi selected the punishment, or did she say Tabuki was given a choice like Kanba was, etc?

NewFresh

icarus-daedelus said:
So we started watching Angel Beats! on netflix in English, and I take back anything even mildly kind I said about it. This is fucking awful. Although Kanon 02 probably slightly eclipses this in badness, that was at least so bad it was kinda good. Or at least hilariously derpy artwise. This is just like offensive to my eyes and ears. It's also all over the fucking place, like they just threw a bunch of shit at the wall (bad comedy, bad action, bad high school rock band) and tied it together with bland yet somehow abrasive character designs. I think it's the hair colors; they're just the right shade of obnoxious.

But I'm so close to the end, I can't stop now.

I saw it on netflix back when Jexhius started watching. I made it one episode before remembering how bad it was...I guess I was one of the luck ones.

Persona 4 3

I like how MC has went from a somewhat expressive silent protagonist to a stoic cloud cuckoo lander. I guess it's the next step up, but funny nonetheless.

I will never be able to give an unbiased critique to this since it's friggin P4. The scene could be Yosuke taking a dump and I'd still be like "fuck yeah!" if Reach out to the Truth was playing. I'm loving what we've already seen and what is being added. The dog was a nice touch and I hope it shows up in Gold.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Monster 18-28

Aw, he really does have a heart of gold. No, wait... Oh... OH...

Pacing like this is fine when you provide payoff.

Instro

duckroll said:
Idolmaster Episode 16

Pretty meh episode. I don't like Hibiki, I don't like animals, the entire premise of the episode was pretty lolz to me. The opening scene was pretty interesting though. Really well directed. The rest of the episode was like a standard filler B-episode which focuses on a side character no one really cares about, while showcasing how BAD the villains are in silly cartoon ways.
No wonder your avatar is so sad.

robor said:
I watched 6 episodes of Dennou Coil and have decided to dump it. I found the world, characters and pacing of events totally and utterly boring. I wanted to like it but the technology seemed so unconvincing that I felt completely external from the experience (as if I were observing the creators trying to make something that resonated with their feelings/beliefs etc but failed in translating that across with exposition).

I guess I'll always prefer Iso as an animator working on something that is directed by somebody who understands how to write and direct a compelling story : \

So now I've changed gears and have begun watching Kemonozume. Now THIS is what I'm talking about! 2 episodes in and I'm loving it already!
Ah man, to say that about Dennou Coil and then turn around and start loving on a Yuasa show is making me rage a little bit.

jman2050

icarus-daedelus said:
So we started watching Angel Beats! on netflix in English, and I take back anything even mildly kind I said about it. This is fucking awful. Although Kanon 02 probably slightly eclipses this in badness, that was at least so bad it was kinda good. Or at least hilariously derpy artwise. This is just like offensive to my eyes and ears. It's also all over the fucking place, like they just threw a bunch of shit at the wall (bad comedy, bad action, bad high school rock band) and tied it together with bland yet somehow abrasive character designs. I think it's the hair colors; they're just the right shade of obnoxious.

But I'm so close to the end, I can't stop now.

The only thing I could think as I was getting close to the end is that I was right dropping this after episode 2 the first time and that now that I had watched it all I had to force myself to at least finish it.

scy said:
All this negativity towards Angel Beats can only mean one thing.

I must watch this and suffer.
Nope, it indeed only means one thing -- animeGAF's circle of Key-hate continues. It means nothing whatsoever about the actual quality of the show, which is very high.

scy

A Black Falcon said:
Nope, it indeed only means one thing -- animeGAF's circle of Key-hate continues. It means nothing whatsoever about the actual quality of the show, which is very high.

My standards are a lot lower than animeGAF as a whole, I feel, so I'd probably enjoy it. That and I actually like KEY, melodrama theatrics aside.

Dresden

PdotMichael said:
Oh god, yeah right Gunbuster! What a shame for me, the leader of monocle-gaf. I watch too many new animes, it's not healthy for me.
You're not even on cosmic's list, how canst thou be the leader of the monocles?

7Th

Hitokage said:
Liking old and unpopular anime is just being a hipster. Being monocle requires taste.

Anne is so well-loved in Japan that it caused an influx of Japanese tourists in Canada...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
7Th said:
Anne is so well-loved in Japan that it caused an influx of Japanese tourists in Canada...
Anne is so well loved that they decided to animate the fanon prequel book!

Because old ass Anne sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom