• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben-To 3

Its incredible to see how You can now fucking hold his own and kick ass compared to how he got his ass handed to him in the first ep.

Articalys

Ben-To 3

So is Sega helping to co-produce this like they did for Genshiken or whatever? Even the colors of the labels on that fight stick at the end were accurate.
I loved the music in that scene were he realized the fight is what's important.

e: Wow, the show's website is pretty cool; the character page is styled like the original Virtua Fighter character select screen, most of the special pages have "home" and "page top" links that mimic the look of the Japanese Saturn's "power" and "open lid" buttons, and there's pages with sketches of the video game equipment that's been in the show, an in-character interview with Sen and Hana, and a really shitty flash game.

weeaboo

Fate/Zero 4

Soooooooooo goooooooood. Rider is obviously the best character. The fights are fucking awesome and the next week is going to be even more awesome, can't wait :D!!!!!

Maken-Ki 3 - I am honestly impressed, this MC actually manages to be about as bad (ie, sexist) as Shirou (in F/SN). I'm not sure if I thought it was possible, but he actually manages it. Wow.

So yeah, in short, this show is irredeemably bad trash. Even in anime, which is almost always sexist, it's rare to see something this disgustingly nauseating... I skipped over part of the episode, to get beyond the worst part. Not that it helped much.

Anyway, for anyone wondering what exactly he does to get this reaction, the Shirou comparison should be a clue -- he does something comparable to some of Shirou's actions in the F/SN anime. That is, he
jumps in the middle of a fight between a girl and a guy -- a fight the girl was going to win without too much trouble -- and gets hit, because he's so sexist that he just can't POSSIBLY comprehend the idea that girls can fight. Girls are weak flowers who must be protected, and fighting one, or watching another guy fight one, is something which makes this jerk the MC so angry that he jumps in the way and gets beaten on. Because, of course, girls should not fight, that's a man's thing!

The other girls try to stop him (sort of, but not enough to actually make him stop, even though any of the three of them could easily have done that had they wanted to; oh no, this loser needs to have his moment showing off his manly concern for the poor girl! Yes, I hate this writing.), and tell him that "girls can fight better than you think", but given that in both episodes one and two he saw girls fight, and do sports, to levels far, far beyond his own, thanks to the Makens, why he doesn't already realize that they can fight that well is entirely unexplained, because there isn't a reason apart from the strong sexism of the story.

The remainder of the episode is a long onsen-in-bathing-suits scene. So yeah, no pantyshots in this part, skimpy bathing suits instead. Also, a bunch more characters are introduced, all female of course.

... Oh, and as for the female characters... of the main three, one is the "silly and flighty one who acts/is innocent and obviously likes him because she claims to be his fiancee and says so" type. She's an extremely weak character (not physically, of course, but in terms of character...) with very little individuality beyond "I like the MC and will go where he goes etc." Ick. The second girl is tsundere, but already is heading a bit more towards dere. She's generic and stereotypical, and is probably the best in ep. 1 when she's tsun and trying to kill him... it's downhill from there. The third girl is his childhood friend, who of course likes him but won't admit it to herself or him. She's pretty generic too.

As for the rest of the cast, they're pretty much stereotypes. Nothing much to speak about. They're mostly there to have more peoples' panties to show off all the time, probably... so yeah, this show really does nothing right. The MC is utterly abysmal, on perhaps the bottom tier of non-hentai characters. The female characters are generic and uninteresting at best, bad at worst. The story is stupid and poorly written. The characters are all morons. It's not all that funny either. I guess they're betting it all on the fanservice, but when everything else is this bad, not many people will be watching long enough to see much of it, I think. Or at least, I hope...

Steroyd

Ben-To - 03

This show continues to deliver. Being a wolf is just so much more satisfying.

Lolz at the KKK shirt, someone could take that the wrong way.

dragonballjoseph said:
So I watched the first episode of Steins;Gate before noon, and finished it just now and have a quick question.

How long do I have to wait before I watch another anime? Because after what I just sat through, I'm pretty sure I'd say that everything I watch prior to it is garbage. D=

How could you just stop at episode 1. I made it to episode two, one of the two most mind blowing two episodes Ive seen ever.

NewFresh

Hitokage said:
Speaking of that schedule...

PGSM Ep.4

Rei doesn't want to join the Usagi, but even worse than that, she doesn't like karaoke! What a cold hearedt bitch.

This is the most holiday appropriate epesode since there is a costume party. "Time to get excite!" Though the reason Usagi would dress as pedobear remains unclear... And how lazy is it for Tuxedo to wear his tuxedo outfit.

2m2vqms.jpg

They should have kept Nephrites long voluminous locks. The weird haircut they give him here doesn't make him look devious enough.
nephrite.jpg

And of course, tentacles strike again!

trejo

Fat Xerox 4

I believe some crow may be in order. After an abyssmal first episode and a couple of so-so ones I'm finally starting to believe. The constant non-stop spewage of dialogue is still annoying but at least this time it wasn't boring on top of that. And my god, Rider is such a badass. I don't like Waver and I hope he dies but Rider more than makes up for him.

:saber :saber

Articalys

This was not a mere victory. This was a slaughter.

F Final
1st 427 Mami Tomoe @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2nd 182 Shirayuki Hotogi @ Hidan No Aria

qaWGM.png

So far, bows, swords, and guns have proven unstoppable. Can the same be said for the spear?

Reknoc

cajunator said:
Rider was always awesome. and good to see more people on the Fate Train. I was there from the beginning. I BELIEVED.

Well, when trains are pulling out of the station they're always so slow and dull. It's understanding that people would want to get off it! But now there's nothing but countryside for miles and it's going full speed.

Steroyd

C³ - 04

Please let this villain die already, she's more annoying than anything and her dialogue consists of repeating the same word about 5 times in a sentence, with it usually being the same word.

I also don't get this show at times, you have some action all over the place, and the next minute I'm watching a prolonged loli pantyshot for 30 seconds.

Hunter x Hunter (New) - 04

I wonder how long it will take to get to the point where the original anime ended because this fast track editing, isn't doing HxH any justice.

7Th

Totakeke said:
Taku Iwasaki doesn't need to be Yoko Kanno, he's awesome as Taku Iwasaki. But wtf is this album.

I should have explained myself better: I didn't mean anything good with my post.

Yami

A Black Falcon said:
Maken-Ki 3 - I am honestly impressed, this MC actually manages to be about as bad (ie, sexist) as Shirou (in F/SN). I'm not sure if I thought it was possible, but he actually manages it. Wow.

Yeah, I bailed on the second episode. I can tolerate only so much juvenile crap, but this is just embarrassing. I don't mind my mates coming in my room when I'm watching shit, but with this, I would just have to turn it off. The second episode was pretty boring anyway, and I really don't see this anime going anywhere.

Pfff.

At least I can catch up on Guilty Crown now!

trejo

Ben-to 4

Everyone knows food tastes better when you spill blood over it. Are you a dog or a Wolf?

7Th said:
I should have explained myself better: I didn't mean anything good with my post.
You rarely do.

cajunator

Banned
Articalys said:

E Final

qaWGM.png

So far, bows, swords, and guns have proven unstoppable. Can the same be said for the spear?
Oh, but for the multitudes of cuties that have fallen mercilessly before the mighty juggernaut that is Madoka Magica. They made us believers but alas, it was not to be. They join the graveyards of Saimoe's past, never forgotten, eternally celebrated. I salute thee, fallen comrades, with a final HNNNNNGHHHHHHHH.

Cwarrior

HxH R4

Good episode, the character back storys was handled well but still wouldn’t recommend this over the superior first for new viewers.

Still enjoying this but a small part of me wants them to pull a fma brotherhood and butcher a lot of episodes to get to the part where the last one left off.

cajunator said:
Oh, but for the multitudes of cuties that have fallen mercilessly before the mighty juggernaut that is Madoka Magica. They made us believers but alas, it was not to be. They join the graveyards of Saimoe's past, never forgotten, eternally celebrated. I salute thee, fallen comrades, with a final HNNNNNGHHHHHHHH.

I guess you will need a new body pillow now.

cajunator

Banned
PdotMichael said:
I guess you will need a new body pillow now.
Haven't you read the thread lately. I AM A BODY PILLOW, son.

That's pretty fucking scary if you think about it, which I recommend you don't.

cajunator

Banned
Dammit I need a new wheelmouse. This one keeps doing the connect-disconnect-connect-disconnect FREEEEEZE thing and I want to throw it out the window at significant velocity at a passing car containing somebody I don't like very much in a fit of frustrated rage.

Steroyd

Cwarrior said:
HxH R4

Still enjoying this but a small part of me wants them to pull a fma brotherhood and butcher a lot of episodes to get to the part where the last one left off.

Dear lord I read this sentence as if they aren't doing that already. O_O

wsippel

Banned
Ezalc said:
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 4
This is still oddly entertaining. Those censors still suck ass though.
It is, but usually only in scenes with either pervert girl or psycho girl. The other characters are boring as fuck. But at least Yamato isn't annoying, so that makes the show a lot more bearable overall.

Ezalc

wsippel said:
It is, but usually only in scenes with either pervert girl or psycho girl. The other characters are boring as fuck. But at least Yamato isn't annoying, so that makes the show a lot more bearable overall.

Yamato was pretty good this episode though, the way he reacted when he saw the blonde chick was hilarious :lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Articalys said:

E Final
Spoilers for Madoka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7m3riSOwYk
cajunator said:
Believe in Squid Girl.

cajunator

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
So she's still a harlot? That's not a very nice thing to say to Homura.
she's a really nice harlot. I love me some harlots. Don't you?

Actually, no I just fucked up the phrasing.
You know what I meant.

Jex

trejo said:
Fat Xerox 4

I believe some crow may be in order. After an abyssmal first episode and a couple of so-so ones I'm finally starting to believe. The constant non-stop spewage of dialogue is still annoying but at least this time it wasn't boring on top of that. And my god, Rider is such a badass. I don't like Waver and I hope he dies but Rider more than makes up for him.

:saber :saber
Wait, so you'll eat crow because you thought that 1 in 4 episodes was good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom