• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Perhaps it's not surprising, but I thought of this place when I saw this panel.

BFWV7.png

Dynedom

Ezalc said:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest is the Sea of Stars
Damn it, I'm a sucker for space fantasy shows, and this was pretty awesome. I just started watching the original Gundam and Initial D now with this I don't know how I'll be able to watch all three series. Not counting the fact that even though I finished the original HxH anime I still haven't seen the OVAs for it. Decisions, decisions. Anyways, really enjoyed the movie and surprisingly the art as well. I don't know what about the art I liked but I just really enjoyed it, it's odd. Maybe it was the hair.

Yesss. All aboard the LoGH train!

Ezalc

Immoelmann Turn 2

Why does Dio look younger in this series even though it takes place after the original? Also what happened to the hot older sister? I'll be pissed if she'd dead man. Finally I don't remember Exile being crescent shaped, and if this is supposed to be the earth why are there like five moons for it? Wtf?

C3 ep 4
tumblr_ltjlb4LOAS1qbhytco10_250.png

I love her voice when shes serious. Otherwise a decent episode more tools.
I hate how Amanda Carlot was named and killed same episode, kind of a pointless notion, though how did the lady get that she betrayed her just by that card?

iavi

Working!! S2 - 4

Yeah, I'm really enjoying this series a whole lot more this time around, with my fav scenes being either OtouxYamada, or SoumaxSatou. The friendship between Souma and Satou is feeling particularly genuine this time around too. It's kind of amazing.

Slam Dunk - 6

9iNWe.jpg

Okay, the action sequences are a little too static and low budget but, oh god, sometimes I laugh so hard, it takes a few minutes to catch my breath.

still 95 episodes for me

Mature

Ben-to: 1-3
Usually, my complaint with most anime is it's story while the characters are the reason I stick around (usually). This show is at a stark contrast. Don't care for any of the characters thus far (the wizard seems pretty cool albeit cliche bad ass) but the premise is just so... funny? I don't know if it's even just that. It's genuinely interesting. I'll take something like this over the preachy crap I expect to be shoehorned into every Un-Go episode.

Even with the annoying fanservice which isn't that bad, but it would be better if it was either more subtle or non-existant.

Cloudy said:
So what's good this season, fellas?
Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of this season (GC notably still unseen), but at the moment it's Ben-to for it's sheer absurdity for me.

Ezalc

Puzzles and Titles 4

I wish I could have a name like Toshiraura Frederika Schubartzenlook. Red haired guy still the best thing about this show.
Goddamn that ending, it made me feel like this week's puzzle inside.

Reknoc

Mirai Nikki - 3

The first half of this episode was pretty boring with a lot of CG amusement rides (and a CG Yuki and Yuno), then it went really sinister, then weird, then back to sinister before mixing in some creepy and a bit more weird. This is so good.

duckroll

onemic said:
Question: Is guilty crown actually good? As in 80's 90's early 00's anime good?

Guilty Crown is better than Demon City Shinjuku (80s), on par with Speedgrapher (00s), but not as good as Ninja Scroll (90s). Does that answer your question?

Gintama 69

Before Sacred Seven, there was Gintama.

Obsessed said:
Mawaru Penguin Drum. Yeah you don't like it, but that doesn't mean it sucks. :(

As Krev said, I was only listing shows new to this season, so I didn't include MPD (or Gintama or Sket Dance).

Mirai Nikki.

Haven't seen it. The director of Shuffle turned me off from the show, but I do have a fondness for yanderes...

Instro said:
No squid?

Haven't seen that either. The first episode of the first season didn't make me that interested to continue with it. And puns aren't exactly my favorite form of humor.

Articalys

Mirai Nikki 3

(spoilers) Good night, Yukki...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Man, I was waiting for that scene all episode. Still, I forgot how dull a lot of those parts were at the beginning of the story.
Interesting that they're mixing some of the stuff from the Mosaic side story manga.
Also, that last monologue showing why Norio Wakamoto was the perfect choice for Deus, even if he's not getting much screen time.

trejo

Working'!! 4

Continues being entertaining. Turns out Otoo-san's wife travels by means of the sewage system so no wonder he's never able to find her. He needs to go subterranean!

Jexhius said:
Wait, so you'll eat crow because you thought that 1 in 4 episodes was good?
I can always throw up if I change my mind later on.

wonzo

Banned
Ben-to 3

The premise of this show is dumb as shit but the execution is fantastic. Show of the season folks.

HxH (R) 04

This episode was ...better than the last one but it's still lacking a lot of what made the original anime great. I'm starting to warm up to Hisoka's voice but it's got nothing on the original.

Working'!! 4

Yeah this season's better than the last one. Poor Yamada and Otoo :(

Mirai Nikki 03

Yanderes > *. Considering who's working on adapting this glorious train wreck, I'm enjoying this far more than I thought I would. Saying that the CG Deus looks really bad.

Also am I missing anything if I watch Fate/Zero without playing F/SN?

iavi

Lazy vs Crazy said:
The best part of new Working is the random waitress no one ever talks to or mentions.

She was actually in the first season too. And according to the Wiki and its all knowingness, there's a reason she gets no actual screen time, lol.

Maji Somethingsomething 1?

Wow, what a fun series. I've really enjoyed every episode this season. We really need more shows like this. Time seems to have just flown by. I can't even remember watching all the other episodes, but whatever. I enjoyed this one. I'll really miss this series. This is how you properly do a last episode. Nonstop action and wrapping up all the develop from earlier episodes . . . wait, wut

Phi Brain 4

That had to be the first Jikukawa didnt have his apple juice. Anyway a touching episode.
The puzzle was one of the easiest thus far in the anime, I was already able to tell it was roman numerals when he announced the letters. Only real shocking thing was Ana Gram's identity and that the Giver wasnt a sore loser
Next episode seems cool.

iavi

Cloudy said:
What's the reason?

From Wiki: Maya Matsumoto

Maya is an 18-year-old glasses-wearing girl who works at Wagnaria. She professes that she is a "normal person" striving to be completely ordinary in work and life in general. She has a hard time understanding the other employees seeing how awkward all of them are and tries not to be too familiar with them. The irony is that because she tries too hard to be "normal", she ends up being pretty weird herself.

It'd fit, and it's pretty clever at that.

Ben-To 3

Gundogs got owned. I like how the
Teachers are involved too.
That's pretty rare for these school fighters for some weird reason.

Anyone else think the blonde looks like Panty?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Miri said:
From Wiki: Maya Matsumoto

Maya is an 18-year-old glasses-wearing girl who works at Wagnaria. She professes that she is a "normal person" striving to be completely ordinary in work and life in general. She has a hard time understanding the other employees seeing how awkward all of them are and tries not to be too familiar with them. The irony is that because she tries too hard to be "normal", she ends up being pretty weird herself.

It'd fit, and it's pretty clever at that.

She's the normal girl... much like the one from SZS.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Working'!! 04:

Such a great episode, it's still unbelievable how much better this season is than the first. The Otoo x Yamada stuff is always great, the Souma / Satou friendship stuff is legitimately good and the series actually tries to make Inami likable this time around by not having her bash some guys skull in every 10 seconds, in fact I don't think it happened once this episode. The series really manages to knock the simple fact that it's a story about a bunch of co-workers working together out of the park, something that the first season really failed to do especially in retrospect.

This show is cementing itself as my 2nd favorite show of the season after Fate/Zero.

Mature

cosmicblizzard said:
Ben-To 3

Gundogs got owned. I like how the
Teachers are involved too.
That's pretty rare for these school fighters for some weird reason.
Straight up Rival Schools style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom