• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
Yeah, anime sometimes get to the point and have stories to tell.
Malick films are always to the point, he just doesn't fill his stories with useless "plot" shit for the sake of shallow entertainment ala guilty crown.

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
Malick films are always to the point, he just doesn't fill his stories with useless "plot" shit for the sake of shallow entertainment ala guilty crown.

I'm looking and I don't see anywhere in the 2 sentences I wrote where I mentioned Guilty Crown. So, what else did I say that I didn't?

mAcOdIn

scy said:
I was greatly entertained by her having what looks to be a claw grip for the fight stick, too; surprised me as I would have expected just some random hand position and I'm looking too deep into this, huh.
You KNOW that hand position was done just because she was in his bed and nothing to do with playing any games. Cupping nuts implications and shit.

scy

mAcOdIn said:
You KNOW that hand position was done just because she was in his bed and nothing to do with playing any games. Cupping nuts implications and shit.

Hey, she's the one who says its due to playing a game (plus the obvious pan to the stick afterwards).

Not that I'd put it past Ben-To to use it that way too.

Jex

firehawk12 said:
Which is more manly, Bento or Basara?
I found Basara fairly boring, frankly.
zeroshiki said:
Yeah this thread should be for Terrence Malick movies.
Oh snap.
Hitokage said:
Monster 53-56

monstersin_zpsf5a7d283.jpg

It's clear who the real monster of this show is.
Sin burger!

Jex

[Penguin Drum 15 Spoilers]
Krev said:
I'm flabbergasted every time I read that someone thinks this.
zeroshiki said:
MPD:

I think when Yuri said Momoka accepted "all of her", she meant that Momoka accepted her even though she was "ugly". All the futanari speculation is kinda weird tbh.
Kind of? It's very weird. What a weird line of reasoning.
zeroshiki said:
MPD
Wait, why would he need to prove to you that she doesn't have a penis? Common sense dictates that a woman doesn't have a penis so the burden is on you, in this argument, to prove that she does. You're seeing Yuri with a penis because you've conditioned yourself to want to see it at this point.
This is like the strangest argument, isn't it?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Working!! 05: Inami-chan is adorable. Poplar's ranking is being threatened.
Working!! 06: This shit is more moé than K-ON!!, and it actually has dudes.
Working!! 07: Love dodecahedron incoming!

Fuck yes onsen episode next!

Jex

zeroshiki said:
It's like people are seeing things that aren't there!
Only in Anime fandom. I mean, really, because I don't think anyone else would leap to that assumption.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
cosmicblizzard said:
:(

I thought this was supposed to be DBZ mixed with Gurren Lagann! How did they make that boring!?
It just felt sterile and standard.

Maybe once every once in a while when everyone isn't being stupid giant blue bot can punch a hole in something.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pocket Monsters West Bishes 26 or 24? I don't even know:
Old Pokérap > New Pokérap. Fuck that autotune bullshit.

It's nice to see Dent isn't a complete dweeb and actually feels GAR for something, in this case fishing. Also Belle doesn't get enough screen-time. The only character design I like more than hers is the female MC.

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:
Personally I was glad it wasn't a
moose
because that just seemed too obvious ATT. I mean I guess it could still turn out to be a
moose
, but that seems unlikely next to
degraded self-worth stemming from childhood abuse from a beloved/authority figure
which seemed to me to be the "point" of the episode and all of dat chisel 'n' statue symbolism. Not it's a
TARP

The answer they gave was less what I expected and more melancholy.
The main issue I have with that interpretation is
the other actress clearly implied that there was something actually wrong with her body, not just that she had self-image issues.

trejo

icarus-daedelus said:
Personally I was glad it wasn't a
moose
because that just seemed too obvious ATT. I mean I guess it could still turn out to be a
moose
, but that seems unlikely next to
degraded self-worth stemming from childhood abuse from a beloved/authority figure
which seemed to me to be the "point" of the episode and all of dat chisel 'n' statue symbolism. Not it's a
TARP

The answer they gave was less what I expected and more melancholy.
Well that's what you get for expecting moos...es? Meese?

Branduil said:
The main issue I have with that interpretation is
the other actress clearly implied that there was something actually wrong with her body, not just that she had self-image issues.
Or she was just
playing it up in a desperate attempt to get her to stay since she knows it's an issue for Yuri

Regulus Tera said:
Working!! 05: Inami-chan is adorable. Poplar's ranking is being threatened.
Working!! 06: This shit is more moé than K-ON!!, and it actually has dudes.
Working!! 07: Love dodecahedron incoming!

Fuck yes onsen episode next!

Prepare to be disappointed. Or maybe surprised.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Articalys said:
One of the benefits of being voiced by Mamoru Miyano, I suppose.
I don't even know who that, is but he can have my babies.
icarus-daedelus said:
C'mon man, look at how FUN that burger is! Are you saying that fun is equivalent to sin?
Fun may not be sinful, but sin is always fun.

Branduil

trejo said:
Well that's what you get for expecting moos...es? Meese?

Or she was just
playing it up in a desperate attempt to get her to stay since she knows it's an issue for Yuri
Yeah, that still doesn't make sense.
She says her body has a secret, and she could spread a rumor about it, the "it's just her self-image problems" doesn't make any sense in that case.

zeroshiki

Branduil said:
Yeah, that still doesn't make sense.
She says her body has a secret, and she could spread a rumor about it, the "it's just her self-image problems" doesn't make any sense in that case.

MPD
Why couldn't it be scars from the abuse when she was a kid? How do we go from that to, "oh hey hermaphrodite!"

BluWacky

icarus-daedelus said:
Not truly sinful unless it is a MERIKAN burger from MERIKA.

You know that Meriken Park is a real place in Kobe, where Arjuna is set, right? Hence the name "Meriken Burger"?

doesn't alter the fact that Meriken comes from America but still, if I can spoil banter with tedious pedantry I will

Articalys

Regulus Tera said:
I don't even know who that, is but he can have my babies.
Light Yagami, Tamaki Suoh, Takuto Tsunashi, and many more, including, from this very season, present-day Taichi in Chihayafuru and Mr. Wizard in Ben-To.
Though he's married and has a son, so good luck with that second half of your sentence.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
All this MPD discussion in the last two pages just makes me feel like AnimeGAF is sick in the head.:( i mean what normal person makes the kind of assumptions you people are making here? :)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The only thing that truly stood out for me about Arjuna was the episode where
the little girl is bitching about how she could feel from inside the womb every time her mom was a slut

That was just creepy. Maybe that was the intention.

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
All this MPD discussion in the last two pages just makes me feel like AnimeGAF is sick in the head.:( i mean what normal person makes the kind of assumptions you people are making here? :)

Hey, I'm arguing the other side >.<

BluWacky

Regulus Tera said:
the little girl is bitching about how she could feel from inside the womb every time her mom was a slut

I think it's pretty clearly supposed to be creepy and disgusting (and hilarious if you hate the show by that point anyway).
But then Cindy's such a little brat that it's hard to feel too sympathetic.

Truefact - said episode is DVD exclusive and was not shown in the original broadcast of the show.

Branduil

zeroshiki said:
MPD
Why couldn't it be scars from the abuse when she was a kid? How do we go from that to, "oh hey hermaphrodite!"
This is anime man.

Anyways it doesn't have to be that, but it certainly seems like it has to be something.
Regulus Tera said:

Why does it feel so good?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lafiel said:

I hope you're not insinuating that you are a normal person?

MPD
Come on there is no way that craziness is true. Who in their right mind would try to pull off something so utterly dumb, absurd and ridiculous?

duckroll

darkside31337 said:
I hope you're not insinuating that you are a normal person?

He's not a person, he's my Servant. A heroic spirit summoned by the Grail to help me expose the sick nature of anime fans on NeoGAF. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom