• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

MPD - 15

I may have to re-watch the episode again, but I'm sure there was a brief shot of a
severed leg before Yuri had bandages on her leg.

Erigu

Steroyd said:
MPD - 15
I may have to re-watch the episode again, but I'm sure there was a brief shot of a
severed leg before Yuri had bandages on her leg.
A statue leg, yeah.

Steroyd

Erigu said:
A statue leg, yeah.

Then couldn't that imply that
Yuri had a cut and paste job done on her?
That was my track of thought when I saw that mix of scenes and
if the father was going to do the head next, then she would indeed die from it.

Makes more sense than dying from getting a penis implanted.

wonzo

Banned
Birdy the Mighty Decode S1

This was a big improvement over the pretty good 1996 OVA. The animation is pretty impressive considering it's a TV series.
It sucked when they killed off Tuto in the 3rd ep of the series, he was great *pours out a forty*.
Gomez still owns. Onto the OVA and S2.
Hellsing321 said:
Bartender 1

Well this is certainly a nice chill show. I feel like I should sipping on a fine scotch while I'm watching it.
The show owns and sadly there's really nothing else like it :(

Erigu

[Mawaru-Penguindrum]
Steroyd said:
Then couldn't that imply that
Yuri had a cut and paste job done on her?
I'm thinking it's simply more of the same imagery (sculpture / physical abuse).

Cwarrior

Penguin drum 15
-Show went from slide show to ugly slide show
- What was the point of luring ringo to hotel, drugging, striping and tying her into bondage if she wasn’t planning to do anything?
-hotel scene so contrived it’s hard to stomach
-lol momoka is just current ringo but with pink hair now that’s lazy (also laughed when she got burnt)
-penguin dairy can change world lines like a dmail (Steins gate)
-Yuri father scene is unclear just to fuck with fans( going by this thread its doing a good job)

Reknoc

Music that comes with an anime about puzzles - 4

Great music. Oh, the episode its self was pretty neat. There was an unexpected twist at the end!
The POG guy doesn't go mad at the end and try to make the puzzle impossible
oh and I guess there was some other twist.

c0imcl.jpg

Cwarrior said:
Penguin drum 15
- What was the point of luring ringo to hotel, drugging, striping and tying her into bondage if she wasn’t planning to do anything?

You are forgetting that
Yuri has half of the diary. She likely has her reasons for following what it says. She seemed to know Shouma would be there.

BluWacky

Cwarrior said:
Penguin drum 15
-Show went from slide show to ugly slide show
-lol momoka is just current ringo but with pink hair now that’s lazy (also laughed when she got burnt)
-penguin dairy can change world lines like a dmail (Steins gate)
-Yuri father scene is unclear just to fuck with fans( going by this thread its doing a good job)

Do you just watch PingDrum to complain about it every week? I mean, sure, fine, but you really seem to hate it...

Cwarrior

BluWacky said:
Do you just watch PingDrum to complain about it every week? I mean, sure, fine, but you really seem to hate it...

I did like the earlier episodes that focus on the comedy (penguin and opera skits) but hated any time it focuses on that awful plot.

I dropped it at ep12 but the buzz about
lesbian rape from gaf(and darksied) got me back in ,but don't worry am dropping the show again, untill the next rape

Articalys

Just like the previous three matches, this one wasn't even close.

H Final
1st 446 Ruri Gokou @ Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai
2nd 301 Houki Shinonono @ Infinite Stratos

And so, your moe elite eight, in no particular order, are:

xHDcl.png

LL95l.png

By the way, Madoka has a message for anyone complaining that half the survivors are all from the same series...

We should get the randomized matchups for the quarterfinals sometime later today. I'll make a new post when that happens.

Articalys

Saimoe 2011 Quarterfinals set!

RgUPB.png

West Bracket
-------------------------------------
East Bracket

7Lgad.png

Oh yeah, first match isn't for another 2 days, so feel free to chill out until the 27th.

Dresden

Nah the megucas will eliminate each other and you'll have some kinda oreimo versus mammie final in which the meguca loses at last.

Jex

Lafiel said:
All this MPD discussion in the last two pages just makes me feel like AnimeGAF is sick in the head.:( i mean what normal person makes the kind of assumptions you people are making here? :)
Surely you must be confused if you think normal people are watching MPD. You have to be pretty hardcore to even know it's airing!

Articalys

Jexhius said:
These things always manage to go on long enough to be rather boring by the finish (well, more than they already were). Like if it took 3 months to decide who wins a Bafta and you had to watch the whole thing.
Still better than ISML. That thing technically began on Feburary 6 and won't be done until November 15. Of course, they're the crazy bastards who wrote nearly ten pages of unformatted text on how to run their tournament.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Articalys said:
Saimoe 2011 Quarterfinals set!

RgUPB.png

West Bracket
-------------------------------------
East Bracket

7Lgad.png

Oh yeah, first match isn't for another 2 days, so feel free to chill out until the 27th.
BULLSHIT, East Bracket is far more heavyweight. This is the World Cup 2010 all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom