• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Master Milk said:
Hmm, so Madoka to win the whole thing?
Matchups between Megucas might as well be a toss-up. Sayaka could edge her.

I still think Mami will win this if Squid Girl doesn't pull a miracle in the QFs. Squid vs Mammies is the true final.

Regulus Tera said:
Matchups between Megucas might as well be a toss-up. Sayaka could edge her.

I still think Mami will win this if Squid Girl doesn't pull a miracle in the QFs. Squid vs Mammies is the true final.
I think Madoka v. Sayaka and Mami v. the squid will both be bloobbaths in favor of the formers. Madoka v. Mami might be close, but I honestly don't see Madoka losing. The West Bracket isn't even worth talking about at this point. Madoka or Mami would slaughter anyone in it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:
Squid Girl will beat Mami.
My heart is torn apart at this match-up. :(
Master Milk said:
I think Madoka v. Sayaka and Mami v. the squid will both be bloobbaths in favor of the formers. Madoka v. Mami might be close, but I honestly don't see Madoka losing. The West Bracket isn't even worth talking about at this point. Madoka or Mami would slaughter anyone in it.
Why Mami will win: pity votes (Madoka spoilers):
you could say both Madoka and Mami are tragic lachrymal characters, but at least Madoka got her redeeming moment of awesome when she became God. Mami's destiny was just fucked up, and that amplifies her cute factor.

Decapitated meguca is moé.

Jex

Articalys said:
Still better than ISML. That thing technically began on Feburary 6 and won't be done until November 15. Of course, they're the crazy bastards who wrote nearly ten pages of unformatted text on how to run their tournament.
So it'll be the most mathematically perfect tournament ever? I can see why it's so bogged down.

Regulus Tera said:
My heart is torn apart at this match-up. :(

Why Mami will win: pity votes (Madoka spoilers):
you could say both Madoka and Mami are tragic lachrymal characters, but at least Madoka got her redeeming moment of awesome when she became God. Mami's destiny was just fucked up, and that amplifies her cute factor.

Decapitated meguca is moé.
I don't know what duck's smoking . . . but I could see Mami beating Madoka. I don't think it'll happen, but it wouldn't be surprising.

Dresden

Mammie victory is all but guaranteed. Dunno why you guys are trying to predict some implausible scenario like squid girl winning anything playing out.

It's too bad Green Mugi didn't make it, that would've been a godstomp right there. And that other girl too I guess, Gomu or whatever.

Ezalc

Alright people let's have a discussion about awesome side characters that put the main characters in an anime to shame. My pick is

EL DORADO V
eldorado_sm.jpg

Not only do these guys have one of the more badass mechs in the anime they are from. They also have the best phrase for when they defeat an opponent and an amazing theme song. I really wish there was a spin-off of these guys when they were young and kicking everybody's ass all over the place.

ADIOS, AMIGO!

Jex

Ezalc said:
Alright people let's have a discussion about awesome side characters that put the main characters in an anime to shame. My pick is [...]
Is this a question about Gundam antagonists? Because that's what it feels like!

harryord.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chihayafuru 4

The opening transition reminded me of the Forest Gump feather scene:
zMQOjl.jpg

(Also, cherry blossom petal hnnnnggggg).

As for the transition from Chibi-Chihaya to Supermodel-Chihaya, I'm not quite sure how to take it, because now everything has sexual or at least romantic subtext. Forget the random glances and comments, now you have tackle hugs to deal with... and all that means is that the potential for it to become "jdrama the anime" is very high, but I'm going to hold out hope that Chihaya doesn't become the shitty shoujo heroine stuck in a love triangle sandwich between moody emo boy and jerky friendzone guy.

Also, since anime gaf is all about teams an shit, I'm declaring Team Arata to be the only team worth joining. Because Ta-kun is a horrible, horrible person.

Chihayafuru 4

Good to see that this show is keeping up its quality now that we're back in high school.

That was a riveting and tense match of karuta! Despite how simple the game is, the way this series treats it completely sells me on it.

And that ending...
I'd love to be on Team Arata, but how can I be on the team of a guy whose first words to an old friend he hasn't spoken to in years are "Stop it"?

Steroyd

Well in that case I'll join team Iron Maiden, because it's believable that she'll friendzone both of them with Karuta being her one true love.

Go_Ly_Dow

Chihayafuru 4

Well there goes 5 years worth of effort down the drain!

firehawk12 said:
Chihayafuru 4

Also, since anime gaf is all about teams an shit, I'm declaring Team Arata to be the only team worth joining. Because Ta-kun is a horrible, horrible person.

Shots fired!

I'm seeing preliminary lines drawn.

Steroyd

duckroll said:
Don't worry guys, Team Fate will still be waiting for the rest of you when Chihaya falls apart. We're patient. :D

It's taken me 4 weeks to watch 25 minutes of episode one. Watching the whole of FSN in such a compressed timeframe burned me out at the worst point imaginable. *cries*

Yami

Guilty Crown

Pretty damn good. Already hate the protagonist though, but he can grow on me I'm sure. Anything better than this being shown this fall? Ep3 of this can't come sooner and I need more stuff to watch!

trejo

Yami said:
Guilty Crown

Pretty damn good. Already hate the protagonist though, but he can grow on me I'm sure. Anything better than this being shown this fall? Ep3 of this can't come sooner and I need more stuff to watch!
Ben-to is the show of the season.

scy

Ben-To isn't bad with the right mindset, C^3 recovers from it's meh harem-looking roots, and Horizon finally has stuff occurring with Episode 4 (though episodes 1-3 are literally a tome of information).

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Yami said:
Guilty Crown

FATE/ZERO.

icecream

Public Health Threat
trejo said:
Ben-to is the show of the season.
"What?"
D253F.jpg

Ben-to would be much more interesting if it was a more focused series, shounen-style. The setup is original enough, but right now they are just wasting with boringly obviously character development interspersed with fanservice.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Dresden said:
Mammie victory is all but guaranteed. Dunno why you guys are trying to predict some implausible scenario like squid girl winning anything playing out.

It's too bad Green Mugi didn't make it, that would've been a godstomp right there. And that other girl too I guess, Gomu or whatever.
Finals will be Mammies vs Ruri, with Ruri winning. She really panders that fucking hard to the fanbase.

trejo

icecream said:
"What?"

Ben-to would be much more interesting if it was a more focused series, shounen-style. The setup is original enough, but right now they are just wasting with boringly obviously character development interspersed with fanservice.
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome it is being a Wolf.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icecream said:
Ben-to is the perfect combination of celebrating and satirizing the hyper idealized and fictionalized Asian male machismo. That's why it works, because you can appreciate both ironically and wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom