• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

http://www.fate-zero.jp/bdbox/index.html

Fate/Zero Blu-ray Disc Box 1 (March 7 2012)

Price: 39,900yen
Specs: 1080p MPEG-4 AVC Video, LPCM 2.0 48KHz/24bit Audio
Subtitles: Japanese, English

Contents:
- 7 discs (5 BD discs, 2 CDs)
- Box art illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi
- Digipack packaging
- Fate/Zero Animation Material
- Bonus Features

Main Feature:
- Includes episode 1-13 of Fate/Zero, with episodes including scenes which were omitted for the TV broadcast

Bonus Features:
- New Bonus Video (written by Kinoko Nasu)
- Trailer collection
- TV Spot collection
- Clean Opening
- Clean Ending

Bonus CDs:
- Fate/Zero Original Soundtracks Vol1
- Original Drama CD (Supervised by Gen Urobuchi)

Fate/Zero Animation Material
- Artbook including interviews with the staff, keyframe art, design materials, and various contents from the production

This pretty much confirms that Aniplex USA will be exporting this JP release to the US as well, since it has English subtitles.

Articalys

duckroll said:
This pretty much confirms that Aniplex USA will be exporting this JP release to the US as well, since it has English subtitles.
Hopefully selling it at slightly less than the same $525 price point.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Articalys said:

Worth noting that the Kara no Kyoukai boxset was priced at $400 by Aniplex USA.

So I'm expecting somewhere around $399 or so. Give or take $100 dollars.

Steroyd

Hunter x Hunter (old) Final OVA - 11

Holy crap, Biscuit just gone done some reconstruction on some guys face, OUCH!

Only 3 more episodes before it's all over, and then it's graduation to the Hiatus x Hiatus manga. T_T

duckroll

http://akiba.kakaku.com/hobby/1110/27/223000.php
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rigger-form-ultra-super-pictures-holding-firm

This is big big big big news. Good Smile Company, Max Factory, Bishiroad, Nitroplus, and Pixiv have come together to fund the ultimate Japanese animation studio with plans to produce content for both Japan and the world, including Hollywood.

Ultra Super Pictures, the strongest anime studio ever, will be powered by Sanzigen forming the 3D Animation arm, Trigger and Ordet forming the 2D Animation arms, and with Nitroplus and Pixiv forming the Scenario Teams in the studio.

The guy running this entire show will be none other than the man who saved killed anime himself - Yamakan.

Black Rock Shooter TV will be the first production by Ultra Super Pictures, and will start in noitaminA in Jan 2012. It will run for 8 episodes.

Urusei Yatsura 10- Luuuuum ;_; Well at least Ataru managed to redeem himself in the end, despite how he treated Lum and still wanting to meet Kumino Otoko.

Articalys said:

At first I thought there was an extra zero.

Do they really expect sane people to buy it?

I'd like to see the supply and demand curve for anime.

DiGiKerot

Obsessed said:
At first I thought there was an extra zero.

Do they really expect sane people to buy it?

I'd like to see the supply and demand curve for anime.

The hilarious thing is that it's actually cheaper than it would be if they released individual 2-3 episode disks as they normally would in Japan.

DiGiKerot said:
The hilarious thing is that it's actually cheaper than it would be if they released individual 2-3 episode disks as they normally would in Japan.

The market for anime Blu Rays must be so fucked in Japan.

just photoshops, but Gundam would be instantly better and likeable with Yamada

ZDUXJ.jpg

Sz9vL.jpg

zeroshiki

Guilty Crown - 03

This is one of those episodes that firehawk hates. Contrived scenario after another along with forced drama make this one very confused episode. Its a good thing I don't care about unrealistic events and am here for the fabulous but even that is kinda iffy. Kinda a boring episode but its mostly setup for the fabulous next time around so I'm not complaining... yet

the friend being the druggie and betraying Shu was so obvious that I was surprised they didn't try to swerve us. Oh well.

Jarmel

Banned
duckroll said:
http://www.fate-zero.jp/bdbox/index.html

Fate/Zero Blu-ray Disc Box 1 (March 7 2012)

Price: 39,900yen
Specs: 1080p MPEG-4 AVC Video, LPCM 2.0 48KHz/24bit Audio
Subtitles: Japanese, English

Contents:
- 7 discs (5 BD discs, 2 CDs)
- Box art illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi
- Digipack packaging
- Fate/Zero Animation Material
- Bonus Features

Main Feature:
- Includes episode 1-13 of Fate/Zero, with episodes including scenes which were omitted for the TV broadcast

Bonus Features:
- New Bonus Video (written by Kinoko Nasu)
- Trailer collection
- TV Spot collection
- Clean Opening
- Clean Ending

Bonus CDs:
- Fate/Zero Original Soundtracks Vol1
- Original Drama CD (Supervised by Gen Urobuchi)

Fate/Zero Animation Material
- Artbook including interviews with the staff, keyframe art, design materials, and various contents from the production

THIS WILL BE MINE. Great news, I love artboxes and with english subtitles, all the better.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just finished Highschool of the Dead on Netflix. Man. Sorta glad it's over. When the show's good, it's really pretty good. But when it's bad, it's REALLY FUCKING BAD. Episodes 10 and 11 nearly put me off of the whole series.

Thinking about Ga-Rei Zero next, since it's pretty short.

Jarmel said:
THIS WILL BE MINE. Great news, I love artboxes and with english subtitles, all the better.

Are the English subs going to be professional subs, or lulzworthy subs made by running the script through google translate?

DiGiKerot

Obsessed said:
Are the English subs going to be professional subs, or lulzworthy subs made by running the script through google translate?

Eh, it's running on both NicoNico and Crunchyroll, it'll probably be the perfectly fine NicoNico script they use.

cajunator

Banned
I'll spend for Madoka, but the price for Fate Zero if it in any way translates to USD is to steep even for me. I do have to save up to buy a house after all.

Jex

duckroll said:
Why is Black Rock Shooter TV only 8 episodes? Did they can it mid-way in production? :(
They're trying to beat all those 11 episode shows by making even less episodes!

Steroyd

Un-Go - 03

They really really need to stop making these mysteries so obvious so early on, I spent a good ten minutes waiting for the "reveal" I already concluded to... and then the episode was over.

Or they could do a Columbo where you know who the culprit is at the very start, but the build-up to it is made interesting, sadly Un-Go accomplishes neither of these and the whole show just ends up feeling bland with a dose of no shit sherlock.

DiGiKerot

7Th said:
Gainax does TOMBOY MOE anime; Sushio's style is fucking adorable.

For a moment
I thought it was going to be the first episode of the series without Kotori, making Producer the only character to appear in every episode. Thankfully, Kotori appeared, admittedly in the background, right at the end of the episode, preserving her run.

Guilty Cliche 03

They seem to be trying to throw as many anime tropes and cliches as they can into this show. Even if they don't fit with the tone they've tried to set up so far. Shu and Inori are really crappy as the main characters too. I'm not seeing the potential for fabulous in this show yet.

Articalys

Un-Go 3

(^^;;
Yeah, I also figured that someone was an android as soon as they mentioned he was working on them. Wasn't 100% sure who it was though.
In any event, that was a really abrupt end to the episode, though this time the preview indicates ep4 will pick up where this one left off.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Wow, I've been away for a long time. >_< Trying to get all of the endings in Atelier Totori is taking more time than I originally planned. At least I've been on vacation. ^^;

Taking a break from Arland because it's Penguin Friend Idol Dance Thursday! :)

duckroll

Idolmaster Ep17

Good episode, but pretty much just another character-centric side story. Probably great for Makoto fans, but I wasn't completely crazy about it. I still think I prefer ep7 and ep8 over this. I really liked the characters in ep7, and ep8 was just crazy awesome sauce. Still, this was a pretty solid episode with good art and good direction.

Un-Go Ep3

Not sure why I keep watching this, but I can't stop. The writing is bad, the direction is bad, but goddamn it's a mystery show! The mysteries are all like super easy mode, so it's like wasting 20mins playing a simplistic adventure game on PC for fourth graders or something. But there's something about it that hooks on to me and prevents me from dropping it. Maybe that in itself is the greatest mystery of the series. When I solve that, I can probably let go.

Reknoc

duckroll said:
Un-Go Ep3

Not sure why I keep watching this, but I can't stop. The writing is bad, the direction is bad, but goddamn it's a mystery show! The mysteries are all like super easy mode, so it's like wasting 20mins playing a simplistic adventure game on PC for fourth graders or something. But there's something about it that hooks on to me and prevents me from dropping it. Maybe that in itself is the greatest mystery of the series. When I solve that, I can probably let go.

So what you're saying is watching Un-Go is a bit like playing Putt Putt Saves the Zoo? That sounds like a pretty high recommendation.

Neo C.

Tribes of Trusty said:
Squid Girl 1

Ha ha ha this is great !
I don't like squid ink

I ate a bread with squid ink in Taiwan, it tasted yummy even though it didn't look tasty at all (pitch black bread)!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
Guilty Crown - 03

This is one of those episodes that firehawk hates. Contrived scenario after another along with forced drama make this one very confused episode.

Just firehawk? sounds like a episode that anyone with standards for what constitutes good writing would hate!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It looks like Sora no Otoshimono was licensed and I didn't even know. It's being released on Blu-ray too.

So what do you guys think about the outrage concerning Yui's voice actress?

duckroll

I think Putt Putt games generally have way better characters, and are just appealing all round, but Freddy Fish games seem to have better scenarios. I dunno, this is all from memory, since I haven't played any of them for many, many years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom