• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
WTF is this?

Ms34B.gif

scy

Dresden said:
http://i.imgur.com/k260i.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OZBn1.jpg[/IG]

...[/QUOTE]

So what you're trying to say is that I shouldn't look forward to watching this episode when I get off work?

[QUOTE=Trojita]WTF is this?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ms34B.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

dear lord what the fuck

cajunator

Banned
Can you guys please caption stuff? We really haven't seen everything there is to watch so maybe just post the name of the show underneath or include it in the picture link title.

Jex

[Anne of Green Gables 30]

This might be one of my favourite episodes in any anime television series. It's so...mundane and believable. It's refreshing how entertaining a show can be with a handful of well written characters. In this episode, the writing was actually blocked up really good direction which sold all the key scenes. I especially liked the drawn out pacing between event and revelation, as well as the shots which they held just long enough to be effective.

[Anne of Green Gables 31]

anne31.jpg

I hope not!

Gilbert Blythe >>>> Josie Pye

Persona 4 04

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that the best episode of this show yet is the one that deviated the most from the game. Not that it was great or anything but it was a hell of a lot better than the first 3 episodes.

Mature

Un-Go 3
Finally! A two-episode mystery! Too bad the 1st episode was mostly spent on the single mystery everyone could guess the moment an android appeared on screen. Man these mysteries are bad! Watching it sandwiched between episodes of Detective Conan isn't helping either. But hey, the episodes are getting progressively better. A longer Mystery, too. Plus that ED and it's mind control powers still exist.

I like how they were talking about that guy who can solve mysteries without seeing the crime scene, but it's not the least bit impressive considering anyone could do it. See you next week Un-Go...

Chihayafuru 1
It's pretty. Does anyone suggest continuing this show?

cajunator

Banned
So he gets flack for copying action poses from Basketball photographs? Does anyone really think that other studios/animators DONT do this? I see that as the equivalent of using figurines or poser dolls that come with drawing kits as inspiration or to help with drawing dynamic scenes. How is that a negative thing?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I guess I'll bite.

Really loving the fall season thus far.

Fate/Zero, Chihayafuru, Working'!! would crack my top 10 right now for the year (with Fate somewhere in the top 5) and Guilty Crown, Last Exile Fam and Squid Girl S2 have been good watches.

Yami

Caught up on Ben-to, as per recommendations. Two words: holy shit.

The stupidity is so far out the window that it's just amazing television to watch. Damnnn, keeping on this all season!

Just waiting for Guilty Crown ep 3 now...

-Minsc-

Trojita said:
WTF is this?

http://i.imgur.com/Ms34B.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
That is a stereotypical otaku.

This is a stalker.

[IMG]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/Minsc007/GinTama/xf07P.gif

duckroll

Guilty Crown Ep3

This show is really badly written, and it's actually pretty offensive in terms of how crass it is. Total otaku fodder. It's also pretty illogical, and everyone in the show just seems to kinda accept things as they come, without any real sense of weight in the worldview or structure of the characters and organizations. It's also pretty dumb that the show wants to have kinda-maybe-sorta serious plot elements which the viewer is supposed to take seriously, but wraps it all around writing and directing which is clearly nonsensical and bottom-feeder in nature.

Penguin Drum Ep16

FINALLY! The show I loved the most from days long gone by has returned! It's nice to be able to enjoy an episode of pendrum knowing that it's fun, it's funny, and it's energetic without having hang ups of poor direction, spotty plot direction, or crappy production values. I haven't laughed so hard at a Pendrum ep since the days before ep9. Hopefully the show keeps on track now and continues to please me. :D

I want to like Guilty Crown, I REALLY do, but it's just so cliche in every possible way. They're just picking cliche's and tropes out of an anime grab bag and just going with it. Geass was WAY more interesting

Dynedom

Guilty Crown - 03

=(

Thank god the ending is actually leading to something interesting. I should have guessed this series would try and plod important plot elements in random school / harem-type crap (like the pizza contest or cat-chasing in GEASS).

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Un-Go 03
I can't believe how terrible these mysteries are. Somehow the show goes down easy enough despite this.

Persona 4 03
For a few minutes this looked like it would actually be good. It basically boils down to a lot of overwrought melodrama involving characters the show has done nothing to properly introduce us too, expressed through incomprehensible fight sequences.

I guess I should start Guilty Crown...

cajunator

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:
If you want to learn it, you can! Nothing stopping you except putting in a little time and effort.
I don't even know how to begin. although for my amateur radio license I had to memorize morse code and learned that well enough (~11 WPM).
Japanese is a whole different beast though. A massive, scary beast with intimidating symbols and several varieties. I guess if I can find a starting point. Maybe some of those learning videos or whatever.

7Th

cajunator said:
So he gets flack for copying action poses from Basketball photographs? Does anyone really think that other studios/animators DONT do this? I see that as the equivalent of using figurines or poser dolls that come with drawing kits as inspiration or to help with drawing dynamic scenes. How is that a negative thing?

I think the one getting the most flak is the girl that copied his drawings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom