• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

UberTag said:
Have you watched Marmalade Boy? Cliffhanger angst at the end of every single episode... almost always with the exact same "shit is going down" music.

HYD is certainly right up there in that department.

I may have to check it for that reason alone, I can't believe there is any other show that even competes HYD in over selling it's drama.

cajunator said:
Post a picture of the cutest anime related thing you can think of.

FZ2-00500-325x183.jpg

So kawaiiii

7Th

cajunator said:
What boxes did that show tick that other shows did not?

Ripping off the entire scenario of Kamen Rider Ryuki. As Evangelion showed us, copying tokusatsu is a recipe for success.

Steroyd

cajunator said:
Post a picture of the cutest anime related thing you can think of.

Penguin-attack.gif

I recently learnt that the author of Azumanga is the same one that is doing the Yotsuba manga, normally I'd demand for an anime adaptation of Yotsuba, but I fear that it would be the one thing that would finish you off.

Einherjar

You know, I didn't give Ben-to a chance after reading the plot summary, fighting over half price lunch boxes and all that. But, it's actually pretty funny and a worthwhile watch.

Dresden

f3639990.jpg

"AKB Official Net, the new Internet service provider branded by the all-female idol group AKB48, will launch on Tuesday with several unique value-added features such as "AKBaby." AKBaby lets a subscriber submit a personal photo, and the service will merge the photo with one of the AKB48 members to show what their future child would look like."

Dresden said:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/jin115/imgs/f/3/f3639990.jpg[IMG]

"AKB Official Net, the new Internet service provider branded by the all-female idol group AKB48, will launch on Tuesday with several unique value-added features such as "AKBaby." AKBaby lets a subscriber submit a personal photo, and the service will merge the photo with one of the AKB48 members to show what their future child would look like."[/QUOTE]

idon'twanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Dresden said:

"AKB Official Net, the new Internet service provider branded by the all-female idol group AKB48, will launch on Tuesday with several unique value-added features such as "AKBaby." AKBaby lets a subscriber submit a personal photo, and the service will merge the photo with one of the AKB48 members to show what their future child would look like."[/QUOTE]
When I first saw the headline for this yesterday, I thought it meant that you could pay one of the AKB48 girls to have your child.

Steroyd

Dresden said:

Wow well...

You know that's....

I got nothing for this, no gifs, no images, no memes, [B][U][i]nothing.[/i][/U][/B]

Dresden said:
f3639990.jpg

"AKB Official Net, the new Internet service provider branded by the all-female idol group AKB48, will launch on Tuesday with several unique value-added features such as "AKBaby." AKBaby lets a subscriber submit a personal photo, and the service will merge the photo with one of the AKB48 members to show what their future child would look like."

seriousmonkey.jpg

scy

Dresden said:

The baby looks destined for evil. Just like this service.

Steroyd

Fate/Zero 02 - 03

Ep2: D'aaaw Ilya is so cute, wasn't expecting that at the end.

Ep3: Oh wow Saber rocking a suit, the level of cool oozing out her is amazing.

Instro

Dresden said:

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!?!?!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dresden said:

So uh, how I do try this out?

survivor

Banned
Dresden said:

Time to shave my hobo beard and try this service.

Jex

Steroyd said:
Between Mami's mammies and it being a magical girl anime, I'm surprised the only fanservice nerdboxes that were ticked off, were all in the OP.
That's because it's a pretty classy and restrained show, unlike say, Bakemonogatari.

Cwarrior

Fate Zero ep5

Cg monstrosity(beserker) is distracting and if it wasn’t for the characters explaining everything then I wouldn’t be able to make out what’s going on(black mist on black armor, black weapon with some red not a good idea), it's a shame since the 2d animation is so great.

Despite that I really enjoyed this episode.

-beserker theme great
-Rider is continues to be more boss as time passes

-Lancer already dead am predicting his the first to die

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
icarus-daedelus said:
Whenever Dresden posts these things I have to imagine that he's the dude in question.

Sorry Dresden.

Personally I like to think of Dresden as the woman in question.

Jexhius said:
That's because it's a pretty classy and restrained show, unlike say, Bakemonogatari.

Can't wait for the new season, Kanbaru showing some massive amounts of skin, this show is already better than Bakemonogatari.

Macross F movie 2

Gotta love how all the space bucks in the future are pretty much devoted to concert effects and mass producing macross's.

I guess living cost would be so little in the future, they gotta find ways to burn money.

Also

surfing macross.

mfm2.jpg

I think there might have been a plot somewhere, but who cares! It's a 2 hr music video.

Aoi Bungaku 7-8 "Kokoro"

This was more subdued in execution than the previous two arcs, as fits the understated tone of the story. The aspect I liked the best was the sound direction, which was very good at creating atmosphere. Showing the story from both Sensei's and K's perspectives was an interesting choice, though I don't think the anime-original K side made as much sense.
In his side, both Sensei and the girl come off as aggressive predators and their motivations in doing so are as opaque as Sensei's glasses, whereas K's motivations in Sensei's side were clear.
I'm not sure what to make of the story in general - I suppose it's a meditation on the fragile nature of human relationships? The novel likely clarifies things more. This is actually the first arc that makes me want to read the original story.

Kimi to Boku 5
tumblr_lty5zf8gMj1qfi5lmo1_500.gif

I liked previous episode better. I dont understand why we need to keep involving Mary. Shes really not interesting and feels out of place. Chizuru seems utterly interesting in Shun-chan, lol. The twins lines always get me though.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm not sure what to make of the story in general - I suppose it's a meditation on the fragile nature of human relationships? The novel likely clarifies things more. This is actually the first arc that makes me want to read the original story.
One thing despite not watching the anime adaptation is I'm pretty sure it only adapts
the flashback portion
of the novel.

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
One thing despite not watching the anime adaptation is I'm pretty sure it only adapts
the flashback portion
of the novel.

What's this about?

chickdigger802 said:
Macross F movie 2

Gotta love how all the space bucks in the future are pretty much devoted to concert effects and mass producing macross's.

I guess living cost would be so little in the future, they gotta find ways to burn money.

Also

surfing macross.

mfm2.jpg

I think there might have been a plot somewhere, but who cares! It's a 2 hr music video.

Surfing Macross was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom