• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

It seems Kyoto Animation's next project will be announced shortly. It will probably be in this month's anime magazines so news should start appearing either by this weekend or early next week. A hint for the genre is "mi". Does this mean mystery? Or maybe... military? Is a new FMP on the verge of being unveiled?!

BluWacky

duckroll said:
It seems Kyoto Animation's next project will be announced shortly. It will probably be in this month's anime magazines so news should start appearing either by this weekend or early next week. A hint for the genre is "mi". Does this mean mystery? Or maybe... military? Is a new FMP on the verge of being unveiled?!

It's going to be 醜い! KyoAni x GONZO collaboration with Satoru Utsunomiya character designs! BELIEVE!

I see a lot of people listing Steins Gate among their favorites...is it really good ? Because Chaos Head had a lot of potential but was really confusing and didn't hold up as expected (ultimately when comparing to the VN it was an average adaptation).

duckroll said:
Don't.... don't do this to me man.

Articalys

duckroll said:
For completeness's sake, here's a link to the relevant Yaraon blog entry:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-5019.html

duckroll said:

yay... likely a moe-show, so I'm not very excited...

Tribes of Trusty said:
I see a lot of people listing Steins Gate among their favorites...is it really good ? Because Chaos Head had a lot of potential but was really confusing and didn't hold up as expected (ultimately when comparing to the VN it was an average adaptation).

I find Steins;Gate really mind blowing and nice to follow.

Steroyd

Hana Yori Dango 22 - END

Wow i er... just couldn't stop watching the next episode, and now I've run out. @_@

Given how I just watched some 30 episodes, so quickly I'll chalk it down as an enjoyable watch, despite the over-dramatisation of everything, the most eye/face shots ever surprisingly a lack of flower frame painting shots, it was pretty good it threw in every shoujo curveball imaginable and had a great satisfying end to it all as well, thought they were going to throw some Ichigo 100% bullshit at me at the end, but it's all good.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Tribes of Trusty said:
It's good. Nothing like Chaos;Head.

Morris

Disco Devil
Oniisama e 2 - 4

SE8Es.png

Kaoru no kimi, you're so marvelous~

I didn't knew exaggerated drama could be this fun. Plenty of scenes involving Aya have me cracking up!

And yep, everyone is batshit crazy.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
duckroll said:

Awesome, can't wait to see what it is. <3 KyoAni!

NeonZ

hosannainexcelsis said:
Gintama 92

I appreciated the frank discussion of filler.

And, ironically, Gintama doesn't have much filler at all compared to other Shounen Jump series. They might have needed filler if they had continued straight, but the one year break pretty much guarantees that the only filler they have are a few rare episodes, mostly the recap ones and some random half episode stories. They do have extra scenes of course, though, but even those aren't too bad compared to other series, mostly due to Gintama manga chapters usually having a fair amount of content in the first place.

airmangataosenai said:
Avatar quote begging at it's finest.

huh? The story is about the relationship between humans and cockroaches and after 2,5 chapters it has already more plot development than two seasons K-on! or Clannad.

sad but true

7Th

I hope it's something new and not a sequel to anything they've done before. I doubt it's a new FMP; after Nichijou they probably want a hit and FMP wasn't one.

Hitokage said:
It's not great or anything, it's just light fun.

Hey, someone who actually gets it!

Salazar said:
I only realised post-purchase that the iTunes K-ON eps have no Japanese voice option :(

I loathe the dub.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in the description it said that the spoken language is English. Next time you should read the description before you buy!

gunbo13

Krev said:
It's good. Nothing like Chaos;Head.
Chaos;Head had some cute girls though. Bonus for that.
Unknown Soldier said:
Hey, someone who actually gets it!
It's a bit of an oddity though. A long time anime viewer like myself would expect it to not be enjoyable at all. Yet...I couldn't...stop...watching...

Then all of a sudden I'm watching and reading a bunch of SoL. So unexpected.

Salazar

Unknown Soldier said:
I'm pretty sure somewhere in the description it said that the spoken language is English. Next time you should read the description before you buy!

Gah, maybe in the smallest of print. It is bogus, though. I'm not in a rush to rewatch it.

7Th

Articalys said:
A combined 1600 votes for both semifinals is absolutely pathetic and shows how anemic the response to Saimoe has become. Even as just another stupid popularity contest, it's even more of a joke now than ever before.

They're the ones that banned people not in Japan from voting.

zeroshiki

Steroyd said:
Hana Yori Dango 22 - END

Wow i er... just couldn't stop watching the next episode, and now I've run out. @_@

Given how I just watched some 30 episodes, so quickly I'll chalk it down as an enjoyable watch, despite the over-dramatisation of everything, the most eye/face shots ever surprisingly a lack of flower frame painting shots, it was pretty good it threw in every shoujo curveball imaginable and had a great satisfying end to it all as well, thought they were going to throw some Ichigo 100% bullshit at me at the end, but it's all good.

Watch the Live Action versions. All 3 of them.

(2 seasons Taiwanese, 1 season Korean, 1 season + 1 movie Japanese)

Hitokage said:
#animegaf spent all yesterday fighting about K-On.

What have I done?

Nothing, in the grand scheme of things. Before there was the IRC, Animu-GAF used to fight about K-ON in the thread(s)! The venue might have changed, but the fights remain the same!

Someone should probably bring up Code Geass at this point. I mean....whoops. Tee hee. :3

Articalys said:
e: A combined 1600 votes for both semifinals is absolutely pathetic and shows how anemic the response to Saimoe has become. Even as just another stupid popularity contest, it's even more of a joke now than ever before.

(1) 99% of the world's IPs are banned from voting in Japan Saimoe. You can thank 4chan for that.
(2) When Madoka started running away with it, everyone else in Japan stopped giving a shit.
(3) ISML is more interesting once it reaches the final tournament. It's too bad ISML wastes a year doing God Knows What before they get to the finals.

Articalys

Unknown Soldier said:
(1) 99% of the world's IPs are banned from voting in Japan Saimoe. You can thank 4chan for that.
(2) When Madoka started running away with it, everyone else in Japan stopped giving a shit.
(3) ISML is more interesting once it reaches the final tournament. It's too bad ISML wastes a year doing God Knows What before they get to the finals.
All we really need is a better combination of round-robin and straight-up single elim, maybe something like the World Cup uses.

By the way, some of ISML's exhibition matches today are amazing. Minko vs. Nako, Sen vs. Inori, Miki vs. Makoto...

Jexhius said:
In order of quality (I've seen more shows than this, but most aren't worth nothing)
Wandering Son
Usagi Drop
Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
Kaiji II
Level E
Steins;Gate
Hanasaku Iroha
Natsume's Book of Friends

Still Airing and Therefore Uncertain
Mawaru-Penguindrum
Chihayafuru
Weren't you praising Fireball Charming a while back? Whatever happened to that?

Also, I'm surprised you listed Natsume considering you seemed to do nothing but complain about this last season.

Jexhius said:
In order of quality (I've seen more shows than this, but most aren't worth nothing)
Wandering Son
Usagi Drop
Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
Kaiji II
Level E
Steins;Gate
Hanasaku Iroha
Natsume's Book of Friends

Still Airing and Therefore Uncertain
Mawaru-Penguindrum
Chihayafuru

Just so you know, when you say something isn't worth nothing, what you actually said is that it's worth something. Double negatives FTL!

scy

zeroshiki said:
I don't have many
sex
friends

I totally lost it when the meganekko was reading the manga. 2nd best show this season!

UNIVERSE!!!

RurouniZel said:
Penguincrown Friends Thursdays! &#65340;(^o^)&#65295;

Everything Thursdays! (&#9733; ° &#8704; °) &#12494;

GaussTek

Hey guys! I'm really interested in Hunter x Hunter.

I remember I watched a few episodes from the old series, because it aired in some cable channel around here (Mexican guys will remember Animax LA). Anyway, while I didn't like the dub, I found it pretty damn interesting, but for some reason (mostly time) I couldn't fully watch it.

Now, with the new one airing I'm just thinking. Should I watch the old series first or should I skip it and go for the new one? You know, it's mostly nostalgia... but then I have this feeling that I will get too tired from it (considering the OVA's and all that stuff).

So, I'm desperately looking for your advice, GAF :p

GaussTek said:
Hey guys! I'm really interested in Hunter x Hunter.

I remember I watched a few episodes from the old series, because it aired in some cable channel around here (Mexican guys will remember Animax LA). Anyway, while I didn't like the dub, I found it pretty damn interesting, but for some reason (mostly time) I couldn't fully watch it.

Now, with the new one airing I'm just thinking. Should I watch the old series first or should I skip it and go for the new one? You know, it's mostly nostalgia... but then I have this feeling that I will get too tired from it (considering the OVA's and all that stuff).

So, I'm desperately looking for your advice, GAF :p

This current one has cut out a bunch of stuff and censored a few things. Just watch the old one and if this one gets further than that in the story, watch this one when it happens.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Articalys said:
"What's in the box?" "Nothing much, just my victory over you in Saimoe."

Semi Final 2
1st 407 Mami Tomoe @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2nd 392 Madoka Kaname @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

The final match, Kyouko Sakura vs. Mami Tomoe, will take place after a 24-hour break. Please look forward to it.

e: A combined 1600 votes for both semifinals is absolutely pathetic and shows how anemic the response to Saimoe has become. Even as just another stupid popularity contest, it's even more of a joke now than ever before.
VARQm.jpg

FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom