• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Regulus Tera said:
You'd think people would be impervious to bad CGI after playing so many video games.

I don't care about shitty CG in anime I don't give a shit about by people I don't give a shit about. But this is HIROYUKI IMAISHI WORKING WITH UGLY CG. MY LIFE IS OVER.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
7Th said:
I don't care about shitty CG in anime I don't give a shit about by people I don't give a shit about. But this is HIROYUKI IMAISHI WORKING WITH UGLY CG. MY LIFE IS OVER.
We've all been a little curious about stuff before. Let Imaishi-san have some fun, hater.

7Th said:
BRB, KILLING MYSELF.

I HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE ANYMORE.

bikes & girls

bZnux.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HPZOq.jpg

my new moetish and reason enough to live!

7Th

DiGiKerot said:
More like RITSUKO THURSDAY!

I live-watched it. It was amazing; easily one of the best episodes in the show so far. Almost enough to make up for the news of Imaishi selling out to shitty CG.

zeroshiki

Guilty Crown - 04

Alright, back to awesomeness after the cliche-ridden previous episode. I see where the friend storyline is going and I don't like it but this episode at least gave some more world background and some really nice action. Inori <3

GUILTY CROWN THURSDAYS BABY

/XX/

7Th said:
That conglomerate is interchanging its workers' positions! What will be next? Yamakan doing more of its key animation for TRIGGER own projects? Masahiko &#332;tsuka programming for Nitroplus ones?

7Th said:
I live-watched it. It was amazing; easily one of the best episodes in the show so far. Almost enough to make up for the news of Imaishi selling out to shitty CG.
Poor globe-Azusa...

7Th

Easily one of the best episodes so far. A touching and engaging scenario with excellent animation and inventive and effective framing. Someone seriously wanted to apologize to Ritsuko fans about her lack of screen-time for the past 17 episodes.

Cwarrior

PdotMichael said:
bikes & girls

bZnux.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HPZOq.jpg

my new moetish and reason enough to live!

How are you going to drop that and not give me a name?
better be a manga not just some art :/

GaussTek said:
Hey guys! I'm really interested in Hunter x Hunter.

I remember I watched a few episodes from the old series, because it aired in some cable channel around here (Mexican guys will remember Animax LA). Anyway, while I didn't like the dub, I found it pretty damn interesting, but for some reason (mostly time) I couldn't fully watch it.

Now, with the new one airing I'm just thinking. Should I watch the old series first or should I skip it and go for the new one? You know, it's mostly nostalgia... but then I have this feeling that I will get too tired from it (considering the OVA's and all that stuff).

So, I'm desperately looking for your advice, GAF :p

Watch the old one
Subbed
It’s god tier stuff the new one just not as good.

Watch the new if it gets passed where the old one left off.

Steroyd

GaussTek said:

I remember I watched a few episodes from the old series, because it aired in some cable channel around here (Mexican guys will remember Animax LA). Anyway, while I didn't like the dub, I found it pretty damn interesting, but for some reason (mostly time) I couldn't fully watch it.

Now, with the new one airing I'm just thinking. Should I watch the old series first or should I skip it and go for the new one? You know, it's mostly nostalgia... but then I have this feeling that I will get too tired from it (considering the OVA's and all that stuff).

So, I'm desperately looking for your advice, GAF :p

The new one is inferior and looks to stay that way, if it makes it past the point where the original ended, then I'd watch the new one from there.

GaussTek

cosmicblizzard said:
This current one has cut out a bunch of stuff and censored a few things. Just watch the old one and if this one gets further than that in the story, watch this one when it happens.

Steroyd said:
The new one is inferior and looks to stay that way, if it makes it past the point where the original ended, then I'd watch the new one from there.

Thanks a lot guys, then I'll just watch the old one for now =)

iavi

Trigun 1-2

I started last night because I realized just how hazy my memory of the series is, and I did enjoy how fun Badlands Rumble was. This... isn't as fun right off the bat, and at times; is even annoying with it's blatantly episodic, back-to-the-beginning-after-each-ep plotting, but Vash, as a protagonist, is fun in moments, and I'm a huge sucker for big guns.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
zeroshiki said:
Guilty Crown - 04

Alright, back to awesomeness after the cliche-ridden previous episode. I see where the friend storyline is going and I don't like it but this episode at least gave some more world background and some really nice action. Inori <3

GUILTY CROWN THURSDAYS BABY
Brother

Frosteey

Neo Member
Chihayafuru 5

Not super happy with it because it's a story trope I kind of hate about a character I kind of hate. Pretty much all the stuff that happened while they were on a train was good, though. Team Sensei moment was great.

For non-train moments, Chihaya just yanking him off his bike was pretty funny. And all of her notes were really cute but that just makes Arata even worse for ruining everything : (

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hitokage said:
#animegaf spent all yesterday fighting about K-On.

What have I done?

Hey you, take responsibility for this!

Sailor Moon 05

Episode starts with Usagi dreaming about Tuxedo Mask. Sometimes I feel like shows are intentionally trolling me. Her little brother is a scaredy-cat, man up bro. A nice bit on the family life of Usagi to start the show off and finally makes Luna more than just a creepy stray and Luna revealing just exactly what the the heck she was doing was nice.

Shingo's friend is so adorable, definitely :cajun material. Wow, those bunnies chanela are really ugly, so ugly they deserve an anti-:cajun. They seriously look like Furbys. I remember the days when those were the most popular things in the world. God I feel old. Seriously who would want one of these as a pet? Obviously nobody would willingly. Damn ignoring that poor dog, they have turned EVIL. And kicking the cat to the curb, Shingo is a jerk!

Tuxedo Mask-sama is still a big jerk-sama. Usagi is getting dumber by the episode. Don't look into the eyes, looks into the eyes.

Wow that's a really conveniant weak spot the giant enemy crab has there, impossible to not hit for maximum damage really. Oh well at least the two of them get along now!

Enjoyable episode but really how long am I going to have to wait to get some more characters :(

Onto episode 6 and some Ikuhara!

Jex

Morro! said:
Oniisama e 2 - 4

http://i.imgur.com/SE8Es.png[/IMG

Kaoru no kimi, you're so marvelous~

I didn't knew [B]exaggerated dram[/B]a could be this fun. Plenty of scenes involving Aya have me cracking up![/QUOTE]
We like to call it 'melodrama' in these parts.

Jex

GaussTek said:

[..]Now, with the new one airing I'm just thinking. Should I watch the old series first or should I skip it and go for the new one? You know, it's mostly nostalgia... but then I have this feeling that I will get too tired from it (considering the OVA's and all that stuff)[...]
The answer you're looking for is: watch the old series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Steroyd said:
Hana Yori Dango 22 - END

Wow i er... just couldn't stop watching the next episode, and now I've run out. @_@

Given how I just watched some 30 episodes, so quickly I'll chalk it down as an enjoyable watch, despite the over-dramatisation of everything, the most eye/face shots ever surprisingly a lack of flower frame painting shots, it was pretty good it threw in every shoujo curveball imaginable and had a great satisfying end to it all as well, thought they were going to throw some Ichigo 100% bullshit at me at the end, but it's all good.
So she gets a dude?

Hitokage said:
K-On 2-5

I'm enjoying this.
Muahaha.

Sophia

I reeeealllly can't wait for the soundtrack to Guilty Crown. Episode 4 had some awesome music.

Oh shit, what?! It's the same composer as Gundam UC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom