• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
MPD 17:

Penguin Antics: A+

Survival Strategy: B

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON MAN: SSS

Art Consistency: C-

7Th

@PenguinDrum 17

Kinda disappointing in terms of direction and animation; I expected more from a Nakamura episode. It was decent set-up for the upcoming climax, but it had a lot more in common with episodes 6-7 and 14-15 than with the good part of the show, specially the second half.

@Guilty Crown 4

Lively and exciting animation with lots of atmosphere, but it still had some of the most offensively bad scenes in the show so far. Inori is the worst character in 2011, easily beating out ANAL for the title. Fucking newtaminA

Branduil

Penguin Drum 16

That's more like it. Love the malaprops.
Most hilarious intro to Survival Strategy yet. Don't really get the grandfather taking over Mario's body.

Ezalc

Sket-Dance 31

I laughed way too much at this oh god :lol.
jbNNdOW2TA3xJ.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
Re: Hana Yori Dango

You don't want to know. To go down that path is to know true pain. (I think the anime ended after an important event but the manga continued afterwards)

The Taiwanese 2nd season is one of the biggest bullshit cash grabs I have ever seen. They made up their own story and extended it soooooooo long (28 episodes or something) that it just became really annoying by the end.
Hahaha, did you watch it to the bitter end?

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Hahaha, did you watch it to the bitter end?

Of course! I responded with a brief summary to Steroyd so you can see it there. I was raging so hard by the end though. The ending was also the most obvious cliched crap ever.

(this of course didn't prevent me from watching the Japanese version next. And the Korean one after that)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
Of course! I responded with a brief summary to Steroyd so you can see it there. I was raging so hard by the end though. The ending was also the most obvious cliched crap ever.

(this of course didn't prevent me from watching the Japanese version next. And the Korean one after that)
You can't really blame them if you keep watching them!
What happens in the second season that could be so bad anyway?

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
You can't really blame them if you keep watching them!
What happens in the second season that could be so bad anyway?

amnesia

I hate that copout sooooo much. It also happens in the manga I think but they started the 2nd season with pretty much nothing left in the manga to adapt so they took that concept and ran with it. Into a wall.

detailed:

Domyouji and Tsukushi go on a trip to Spain, Domyouji gets in an accident, gets amnesia is lost to Tsukushi. He meets another girl who conveniently also speaks Chinese while he's in Spain and falls in love blah blah. They go back to Taiwan and meet up with F4 and Tsukushi and dorama ensues.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Un-Go 04: This show is bad and I should feel bad for liking it. Awful animation, predictable plot twists, unlikable characters... and yet I can't help but smirk all through it.

wonzo

Banned
Guilty Crown 4

Show seems to have finally ramped things up, much better than the last episode.

Mawaru Penguindrum 17

Hell yeah the shits finally gonna hit the fan. Anyone else notice the increased presence of the pink drum washer over the last few episodes?

Instro

MPD 17

Looks like we are heading into the final act.
Guess Tabuki was involved this whole time. I bet we will get some backstory on him next ep, maybe explaining those scars he has.

Guilty Crown 4

This is the episode I've been waiting for out of this show. Yeah there's still some stupid crap, but the action was great, and it was really well animated. Exciting stuff. Shu seems to be becoming less of a bitch
but his inevitable betrayal by using that communications device is a bit of an annoying plot point.

Branduil

Penguin Drum 17

This show has always had good sound design, but it was especially noteworthy in this episode. Excellent, excellent soundwork.

Loved the scene with
Yuri and Tabuki in their condo discussing Momoka. It's the first time we really have seen Tabuki without his mask.

Hunter x Hunter R 5

Well at least we know people die now. I don't fully remember the corresponding episodes in the old series, but the only major bit of censorship this episode seems to be a lack of blood here and there. People still get
impaled and cards through their head
, so the subject matter for the most part is still intact.

It seems Hisoka isn't as intimidating as in the original, but I'll blame the direction on that rather than the content. It isn't THAT much worse and shades of his sadistic perverted nature are showing. The
tag taking
test will be what we really have to watch for in regards to whether Hisoka has really be totally gimped or not.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Branduil said:
Well a body pillow of Taiga would pretty much be the size of a normal pillow if it was to scale.

I don't remember ever buying a pillow that fit in the palm of my hand...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mawaru-Senryakudrum 17: I wanna get some takoyaki now.

TABUKI YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT
Branduil said:
Well a body pillow of Taiga would pretty much be the size of a normal pillow if it was to scale.
I WOULD BUY TEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom