• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mawaru Penguin Drum 17

Shit is going down! There was some awkwardness in the faces and pacing of the second half, but it was still gripping. Next episode should be a blast.

Dresden

Guilty Crown - 4

Looked great, needed more unable-to-move-her-own-hips girl.

I look forward to seeing what bullshit they pull out of someone's chest next episode. Gotta love having your own contrivance generator.

zeroshiki

Dresden said:
Guilty Crown - 4

Looked great, needed more unable-to-move-her-own-hips girl.

I look forward to seeing what bullshit they pull out of someone's chest next episode. Gotta love having your own contrivance generator.

Come on, you can't say that thing with the fountain wasn't awesome. It's like they came up with an idea of a great visual and then worked it back from there.

Dresden

Branduil said:
Dresden I'm beginning to think your love for the disabled community is not entirely pure.
No, no, it's entirely pure. I love them for what they lack.
zeroshiki said:
Come on, you can't say that thing with the fountain wasn't awesome. It's like they came up with an idea of a great visual and then worked it back from there.
Looked cool but the problem is that it still has Inori and Shoe in the middle.

Dresden

I don't know what you're trying to say here, Branduil. My appreciation of the can't-walk-or-run-girl is wholly based on her actual character rather than some fetishized disability.
Hellsing321 said:
Yes having those two as the leads will doom this show to mediocrity at best.
M6e54l.jpg

JlY9rl.jpg

zeroshiki

Dresden said:
I don't know what you're trying to say here, Branduil. My appreciation of the can't-walk-or-run-girl is wholly based on her actual character rather than some fetishized disability.

So much so that you refer to her by her disability rather than a name ^_-

Jex

Branduil said:
Ui just prefers her women like ABF prefers his anime: retarded and hinting at incest.
What are you saying about Ui? Is there something wrong about her sisterly affection?

uiisdangerous.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
zeroshiki said:
Pretty sure this is how Final Fantasy games are made.

LordCanti

Penguin 17:

Whaaaaat? So the
Penguin Drum
is either
his child
or
his dick?
Mind is so full of fuck.

I don't understand why
Ringo is still seemingly okay with being tied up and nearly raped
why would she
agree to take Himari to go see her? WTF?

I'm a bit annoyed at
Tabuki.
We go from
"I don't have a grudge"
to
Imma murder/rape/something Himari
in half an episode. Is
he Bipolar?

Other than that....Anime is still saved.

LordCanti said:
Penguin 17:
I don't understand why
why would she

This bothered me as well. I think we're supposed to get the impression that
Ringo doesn't remember what happened with Yuri, otherwise what she did was incredibly stupid.

LordCanti

Basileus777 said:
This bothered me as well. I think we're supposed to get the impression that
Ringo doesn't remember what happened with Yuri, otherwise what she did was incredibly stupid.

So then
Shouma just kind of forgot to tell her that Yuri is a crazy raping nutjob?

...actually, that kind of fits. It all makes sense now.
Shouma is a failure

Gintama 96

That punchline.

LordCanti said:
Penguin 17:

I don't understand why
why would she

The novel chapter corresponding to this episode elaborates:
Ringo doesn't remember much of what happened at the springs due to the drugs. She's a little bit doubtful of Yuri, as you could see by her initial hesitation on the phone, but has no conscious reason to refuse her invitation. Now why Shouma didn't fill her in... who knows. Would have been rather awkward to bring up.

I'm a bit annoyed at
Tabuki.
We go from
"I don't have a grudge"
to
Imma murder/rape/something Himari
in half an episode. Is
he Bipolar?

It's not uncommon in this show for
people to lie about their true motives and emotions to others and to themselves. Tabuki's been putting on a false front for most of the show; even if he's more open with Yuri, he may not have been totally willing to admit his true feelings.
At any rate, we'll need to wait for next episode to see how things play out.

Jex

Penguin Drum 17
Well okay then. We're getting quite a lot of
children vs. adults
by this point in the show.

That was definitely a strong
set up
episode, even if it wasn't as enjoyable and wacky as last week.
hosannainexcelsis said:
people to lie about their true motives and emotions to others and to themselves. Tabuki's been putting on a false front for most of the show; even if he's more open with Yuri, he may not have been totally willing to admit his true feelings.
By "not uncommon" I presume you mean "everyone in the show".

neoanarch said:
PenDrum

Are we forgetting that Ringo is a crazy stalker? Just because she fell in love with Sho doesn't mean shes better.

There's stalker crazy and there's
bringing a sick girl from the hospital to an isolated construction site to meet up with a deranged woman who drugged and raped you crazy.

Articalys

They released another novel volume ahead of the episodes it covers? At this rate I'm worried that spoilers for the final episode will leak out ahead of time via the third novel volume.

Branduil

LordCanti said:
Penguin 17:

Whaaaaat? So the
Penguin Drum
is either
his child
or
his dick?
Mind is so full of fuck.
Where are you getting that?

Dresden said:
Ringo is boring now that she's not doing crazy stalker things.
That's what Masako is for.

LordCanti

(Penguin 17)

hosannainexcelsis said:
The novel chapter corresponding to this episode elaborates:
Ringo doesn't remember much of what happened at the springs due to the drugs. She's a little bit doubtful of Yuri, as you could see by her initial hesitation on the phone, but has no conscious reason to refuse her invitation. Now why Shouma didn't fill her in... who knows. Would have been rather awkward to bring up.

He didn't because he's a
HUGE failure. Awkward or not, how do you let her go on thinking that Yuri is her friend?

hosannainexcelsis said:

I know, but to the viewer it seems like
a weak attempt to mask a characters true intentions, for a "surprise" later
. Maybe if he had
only claimed to not hold a grudge once, in that earlier episode, it would have worked. Twice is a bit much though, for me.
Speculation has been that
he's the mastermind/evil/etc
for a while now, so I'm not sure who they were
fooling.

Branduil said:
Where are you getting that?

Well, she
says that it's not the diary, and seemed kind of embarrassed about what it actually is
then he's all
I can'tttttt
and then she
sex tackles him

I'm just putting two and two together to make
incest baby
. Obviously I could be wrong. It would be understandable if he was
unwilling to fuck his sister
to
save
her.

I'd guess not being
blood related
would probably make it a lot easier, if that is actually the case.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
neoanarch said:
christ

Can someone clarify the 'rules' on spoiler tags? Episode has aired. Why the tags?
Not relevant. Expecting everyone to have already watched something the moment it airs is dickish.

Don't spoil. Don't be a dick. That's the rule.

iavi

neoanarch said:
christ

Can someone clarify the 'rules' on spoiler tags? Episode has aired. Why the tags?

It's because the episode has aired that we use the tags. You wouldn't want your virgin eyes to get taken by surprise would you, if you hadn't seen whatever ep?

duckroll

7Th said:
@PenguinDrum 17

Kinda disappointing in terms of direction and animation; I expected more from a Nakamura episode. It was decent set-up for the upcoming climax, but it had a lot more in common with episodes 6-7 and 14-15 than with the good part of the show, specially the second half.

I'm really curious why you would have any expectations out of Nakamura. What has she directed ever which has been particularly outstanding and worthy of extra attention and praise?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
MPD 17
i'm confused about tabuki...

early on in the episode i got the impression he didn't hold what himari, shoma, and kanba's parents against himari, shoma, and kanba? And now he's going to off Himari?

neoanarch

You know what was spectacular about pendrum 17?
the octopii
Are they the
arch enemy
of the penguins? Will they come back next episode?

GaimeGuy

also, seems like the only people who aren't in on everything or almost everything are
Shoma, himari, and Ringo.

LordCanti

MPD 17

GaimeGuy said:
also, seems like the only people who aren't in on everything or almost everything are
Shoma, himari, and Ringo.

I think
Himari
knows more than
she lets on.

GaimeGuy said:
MPD 17
i'm confused about
tabuki...

early on in the episode i got the impression he didn't hold what himari, shoma, and kanba's parents against himari, shoma, and kanba? And now he's going to off Himari?

Yep. Worst
twist
ever.

trejo

Mawaru Penguindrum 17

Fuck sleep. I had to watch this because those black bars were bugging me.

Anyway, this episode seems to set the stage for the climax of the story. Can't wait for next week.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
K-ON! 11-12 END, Extras 1-2

Yup, definitely liked this. Again, it's not something deserving high marks, but it was consistently enjoyable and that alone went way above my expectations.

GaimeGuy

LordCanti said:
MPD 17

I think
Himari
knows more than
she lets on.

Yep. Worst
twist
ever.
oh, I
agree about Himari. Ringo knows a little bit too i think, but only the basics, and at a significantly misinformed level.

Shoma is completely in the dark about everything and is even more clueless than we are as the viewers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom