• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carnival Phantasm 05

Oh Berzerker. You so funny.

slopeslider said:
It was kinda creepy when
it went to pleasure mode

His/her creator was into some very nasty things I suspect.

Mature said:
Wait, someone said Un-Go 4 is good? Come onnn... Don't make me do this.
Its all relative. Also, weren't you complaining about opinions earlier?

Jex

So I'd like to congratulate doomed1 on a new tag. Rarely do we see tags change over with such speed.

Jex

doomed1 said:
There is no black and white in literary criticism. You made the mistake of claiming there was.
Literary criticism? I don't recall declaring that I was writing that.
PataHikari said:
Actually you did when you said that it being boring was "all that could be said" about it.
Er, no. I would have to have said "I declare Nichijou to be objectively boring to everyone". If I just write "Nicihjou is a horrendously boring show" (which it often is) that's not an objective statement about reality, unless someone reads it in a particularly awkward way.

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2 ep 5
tumblr_lu5i2fie1B1ql1xvyo1_500.gif

Just noticed that Ritsu Onodera is always blushing. Classic Onodera Takano episode that had a touching ending.

wonzo

Banned
iM@S 18

this was a good ep. unfortunately ritsuko aint got shit on makoto

Boku wa Tomodachi OVA

is the tv series better than this piece of shit?

Articalys

Time for more fun ISML exhibition results, now with more current season characters.

S3FV8.png

Fun fact: Japan was the only country that preferred Sen over Inori.

neoanarch

wonzo said:
Boku wa Tomodachi OVA

I haven't seen the ova, I'm a fan of the manga and the series is pretty enjoyable. If your watching Idol, then you shouldn't have a problem enjoying Bokuha Tomadachiga Sakunai.

trejo

Articalys said:
Time for more fun ISML exhibition results, now with more current season characters.

Fun fact: Japan was the only country that preferred Sen over Inori.
Minko over Nako? Who the fuck are these people?

And Slut girl over Boy girl? To hell with this.

trejo

Mature said:
I'm SO mad at myself for not getting that. I say that because my cousin says it because he's quoting that. It seemed like such a long shot that someone would recognize it, subconsciously, I didn't even make the connection. I'm a bad person.
I forgive you.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
The creators of this show! They've been avoiding it for the past two episodes!
Oh, don't you worry.
There is some self-pleasuring and lots of shame coming soon.

EmmanuelMunoz said:
This should be ban worthy.
trejo said:
Terrorists, that's who.
Haha.

Dedication Through Light said:
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2 ep 5
tumblr_lu5i2fie1B1ql1xvyo1_500.gif

Just noticed that Ritsu Onodera is always blushing. Classic Onodera Takano episode that had a touching ending.
Is he still tsundere for the chief editor guy?

Cwarrior

wonzo said:
Boku wa Tomodachi OVA

The manga's better...well that’s not saying much but it has a few good chapters and it doesn't have that disgusting art(plus no va).

Mature said:
"Junior Member" Yes, I am. I was excited at the prospect of an anime community that wasn't terribly embarrassing to be a part of...

That is like expecting an anime to have a strong female character that isn't just emotionless or super serious.

Jex

Mature said:
Not what I meant. When someone says they like something and someone else says "No, you're wrong, it's shit." That's not a discussion. You at least need to articulate yourself more than saying you hate something that someone else likes because it doesn't suit your personal taste. There's not an objective algorithm stating some hierarchical quality of all anime that everyone must submit to.
I don't know, I haven't read anything too crazy in the last few pages. That was a semi-reasonable level of discussion!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 11-13

Dio fight is great. That and D'arby is the only part the anime does justice to. Totally worth it though.

I would recommend anyone who enjoyed this even slightly to check out the manga. The anime cuts a ton out and doesn't flesh out the characters nearly as much, making some scenes just lose significance.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (1993)

This OVA series is better than the 2000 part; the story was consistently engaging with clever battle strategies, and the animation was to die for. The D'Arby episode was my favorite, but all of it was high quality. Will check out the manga; my appetite has been whetted.

trejo

Jexhius said:
I don't know, I haven't read anything too crazy in the last few pages. That was a semi-reasonable level of discussion!
Well then clearly we're trying too hard. Or not enough.

Branduil said:
JoJo finale

It's actually possible to make a shounen where important characters die.

You'd be hard pressed to find one that DOESN'T do that outside the big 3 (and even in the big 3 to some extent depending on your definition of "important character").

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Steins;GAF 10: Okarin's non-issue at
Akihabara being rewritten from the ground
bothers me. Dude is implied to have lived there for all his life, surely he should be a little bit more shocked? Well, not really that, I just think he comes to accept stuff too quickly.

The show is a bit unfocused for my liking. It also looks very cheap at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom