• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Malemami is so hot.

I would totally do him.

Dresden

I'm fond of Mandoka.

B6mLvl.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Madoka would've been better if it was a reverse harem starring Homura.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Halycon said:
Madoka would've been better if it was a reverse harem starring Homura.
I agree. At the least I can maintain my belief that the series ended at episode 10. I refuse to watch the series beyond that. At the least then I can look back on it positively. Yes, that's right, despite all my hating on it, I do ultimately like Madoka. I only hate as hard as I do because others love as hard as they do. :p

Also, surprised at the turnout. Out of curiosity, what are Japan's numbers?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
doomed1 said:
For the love of Kyubei, just look at the examples list on TVtropes. Type A, second to last entry. I'm not the only person who thinks this!
But that's, like, your opinion, dude.
cajunator said:
Hey now goddamnit I don't regret my purchse of Maburaho one bit.
I spent 30 bucks/volume too. So when I think about it, I spent over 200$ on a JCStaff show lol.
cajun, I think you have a problem.

It's okay, you can talk to us. We are your friends.
Branduil said:
She is already crowned.
Where does her crown go?

cajunator

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
But that's, like, your opinion, dude.

cajun, I think you have a problem.

It's okay, you can talk to us. We are your friends.

Where does her crown go?
Well how else would I have gotten Maburaho back when it came out? Anime was expensive back then.

iavi

Working'!! 6

New characters! They were fun, though I do hope not to see them for any substantial amount of time again. To introduce new characters into the dynamic this late in the game would definitely throw things off. As for everything else, blatantly bad work relationships do suck ass, and I thought it kind of amazing just how well that was relayed in this ep--avoidance and all. Show of the season continues to be show of the season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Miri said:
Working'!! 5

New characters! They were fun, though I do hope not to see them for any substantial amount of time again. To introduce new characters into the dynamic this late in the game would definitely throw things off. As for everything else, blatantly bad work relationships do suck ass, and I thought it kind of amazing just how well that was relayed in this ep--avoidance and all. Show of the season continues to be show of the season.

Huh? I guess you meant episode 6? Or was the adorable little girl that egregious :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Regulus Tera said:
Persona 4 05: This was the most enjoyable episode so far because of how many liberties it's taking with the events from the game. Was that how Ai's Social Link went? I never finished bothered to do hers. I didn't have enough courage at the right time.
Yep, she's an ex-fat girl who has self-esteem issues. You pretend to be her boyfriend for a while and then you make the choice to friend-zone her or not. In the game, she catfights Yukiko though.

7Th said:
By the final episode, the show will be only about full-CG characters going on and on with Nasu-style exposition and debating Nasu-style "ethics".
Hahaha.

I will say, it had my favourite inadvertently homoerotic moment of the week:
MXRwP.jpg

Jex

They don't really make squids or cockroaches cute or 'moe'. They just give little girls a silly hat or costume and call it a day.

Instro

Jexhius said:
They don't really make squids or cockroaches cute or 'moe'. They just give little girls a silly hat or costume and call it a day.
Maybe if we gave you a silly hat and costume you could be moe too.

Jex

doomed1 said:
For the love of Kyubei, just look at the examples list on TVtropes. Type A, second to last entry. I'm not the only person who thinks this!
I see this is where everything has gone wrong. I mean, as a person who formerly spent far too long on that particular site, I can understand the temptation to pull from there. Yet, in reality, that's just a bad thing to do.
Hellsing321 said:
Now is the time for SaiGAR to make a comeback!
Or SaiMECHA or SaiRetro. Pretty much anything else is more interesting.

Jexhius said:

it's a old tradition in japan.

like sailor school uniforms for little school girls since 1920.

mAcOdIn

lazybones18 said:
........Burst Angel. Are either of them worth checking out? I'll be sure to pay attention to the DVD section when I go back later today.
For the love of God do not buy Burst Angel. That show is fucking terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom