• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Fate/Zero 6
Solid stuff. Overuse of cg though, the car scene was fine but I did not like the bit they did where Kayneth was talking about the building. Otherwise it was a very good episode though, I'm interested to see how this Caster business will play out
sounds like everyone will be hunting him now, so I guess the grail war is on hold so to speak.

Jex

Guilty Crown 4

Even if this episode is somewhat better made than previous ones, the plot and characters are still terrible. Especially Inori (and Shu) who even gets to sing some stuff in the middle of the episode:

guiltycrown4.jpg

I would laugh about her asking this, but frankly, these are the kind of questions that have kept Tomino up at night for YEARS. I mean, why?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ben-to: Now has just as much crossdressing as Fate/Zero.

wonzo

Banned
HxH R 6

zzzzzzzzzz, i'll stick with this until
the tag game
to see if they manage to fuck that up

Ben-to 5

shit just got real
QUALITY

Halycon said:
Ben-to: Now has just as much crossdressing as Fate/Zero.
*adds fate/zero to watch list*

Ben-to 05

Set up episode for next week.
So is his cousin with or against him? I bet the married woman was the east fighter who lost, and the west fighter is her husband.

Jex

Sukeban Deka 2(91 OVA)

Saki is really like, the worst friend ever.
She sits in prison for a week, voluntarily, while her friend has been kidnapped?
That's pretty bad!

Also:
-Whip vs yo-yo duel. "It was my mother who taught me how to use a yo-yo with both hands."
-Helicopter battles.
-Symbolic snakes
-Art Appreciation
-Great dubbed crowds

Articalys

It's a bit late, but that one fanartist finally did a piece for the summer season of anime; how many characters can you recognize?

actually it was apparently posted to pixiv like three months ago but someone only added it to the booru system a few days ago. oh well

Branduil

Delinquent Detective 2

That's the problem with terrorism these days. Too much paperwork, not enough explosions.

This was legitimately entertaining underneath all the silliness.

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
Damnit!

Not only am I not the most normal member but I honestly think I'm geekier than I first thought because I'm positive I know a third I just can't place the name. Damnit. Time to go fuck some ruffians and beat down some hookers and reclaim some of my manliness.

Edit: Sigh, yep, three, I remember the other one now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The writing in Ben-To is almost as delicious as Ice Witch's thigh meat.

trejo

Working'!! 6

I hope those new characters don't become regulars cause I didn't really like them all that much not to mention they take precious time away from more possible Yamada antics. Also, Takanashi really was being more of a dick than usual this time. Even I felt kinda sorry for Inami.

Jex

Fate/Zero 5-6

Apart from the occasional bout of terrible rambling this is a fairly entertaining show.

Instro

Black Lion

Aliens, ninjas, terminators, and bad guys from the future. Its no Garzey's Wing but entertaining none the less.

Delinquent Detective

That yoyo vs whip battle was amazing.

Shinesman

Corporate superheroes are truly the best kind of heroes. Who knew the business world was so complex.

Jex

trejo said:
No mention of shitty CG?
I don't find it that useful to cover material that's already come up in this thread a few times but yes, the CG was problematic. Especially the 'in car' shots from episode 6. The composition on those was extremely awkward.

Dresden

Wagnaria 2 - 6

They missed an opportunity to switch things up, but then, I guess people love seeing the same old gag play out over and over again.

Haven't seen 3, 4, or 5 but too much Yamada is a bad thing - nothing's ever been done with her character (like every other member of the cast) so she's a one-note comic relief whose continued presence is more annoying than funny.

e: I guess I don't really mind since Poplar not being Popura would be a sad thing indeed.

mAcOdIn

Jexhius said:
If you don't recognise Rin that's nothing be proud of!
I don't see Rin in there.

I see
Subara from Mayo Chiki, Himari from MPD and that girl from Sacred Seven. Is Rin supposed to be the one in the chair sitting in the other girl's lap? Also, I really think the artist did good with Yuri or Ruri or whatever the hell the girl's name from Sacred Seven is.

So uh, if Rin is there make it for, geek confirmed.

Articalys

mAcOdIn said:
I don't see Rin in there.

I see
Subara from Mayo Chiki, Himari from MPD and that girl from Sacred Seven. Is Rin supposed to be the one in the chair sitting in the other girl's lap? Also, I really think the artist did good with Yuri or Ruri or whatever the hell the girl's name from Sacred Seven is.

So uh, if Rin is there make it for, geek confirmed.
Full list, from left to right and back to front where applicable:

Ruri Alba (Sacred 7), Utao Kuga (Kamisama Dolls), Yune (Ikoku Meiro), Rin Kaga (Usagi Drop), Subaru Konoe (Mayo Chiki), Himari Takakura/Crystal Princess (MPD), Dalian (Dantalian no Shoka), Haruka Nanami (Uta no Prince-sama)

Also,
that's no chair; Ruri, Yune, and Rin are riding in Kukuri's (from Kamisama Dolls, the big thing Utao is riding on top of) hands

trejo

Ben-to 5

Animation quality sure took a nosedive this time around and considering it wasn't really that great to begin with it was all the more noticeable. Having said that, holy shit this whole show is bananas and I can't get enough of it.

cajunator said:
So, shall I buy all the Gintama boxsets? Would that be a worthy endeavor?
Not really considering you can watch the whole show on crunchyroll. If you have a boxee box, roku, googleTV, iOS device, PS3, android, ect. You can already watch all of Gintama that has aired so far.

Thoraxes

Articalys said:
It's a bit late, but that one fanartist finally did a piece for the summer season of anime; how many characters can you recognize?

actually it was apparently posted to pixiv like three months ago but someone only added it to the booru system a few days ago. oh well
I recognize... All of them. I watched all the episodes of their seasons too. Crap. I should go cry myself to sleep.

Also Ben-to 05
The
crossdressing combined with the raccoon hat makes me laugh way too much. I just could not stop laughing at him.

Takao

Banned
Hellsing321 said:
Not really considering you can watch the whole show on crunchyroll. If you have a boxee box, roku, googleTV, iOS device, PS3, ect. You can already watch all of Gintama that has aired so far.

Didn't Sentai drop the series anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom