• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Wow Winter 2012 looks barren as hell (if that's the real/final list).

Only things I'm remotely interested in are Brave10 and Another.

edit: Jesus christ that Recorder show is such god damn pedobait.

Dynedom

Ano Natsu has potential. I haven't watched Bakemonogatari to appreciate Nisemonogatari but I guess people would be happy for that show.

Instro

Daily lives of high school boys could be a lot of fun with the staff and VA on board.

Looking forward to Mouretsu Pirates and Black Rock the most probably.

Cwarrior

Dresden said:
From the two or so chapters I read of Gokujyo, it's almost absurdly trashy and thus, logically, will be awesome.

Apart from kyousogiga nothing interests me.

edit:just found the pv
Kyousogiga PV

7Th said:
Kyousogiga will be the best
one episode OVA
of the season.

Waht....now out side that I have nothing am interested in.

scy

Nisemonogatari is about all I'm really looking forward to out of that out of the gate. Zero no Tsukaima just to see it end, otherwise that time spent on the other three seasons feels like such a waste. And I suppose Prince of Tennis because I want to see the utter ridiculousness. I must.

Another seems like it could be decent if it executes the premise well. Ano Natsu, BRS, Kyousogiga, and Mouretsu Pirates will at least get the "a few episodes won't kill me, right?" treatment.

Out of that chart, I'm interested in:

Kyousogiga (art looks cool)
Daily Lives of High School Boys (With Takamatsu on board, this could be a lot of fun)
Natsume (still need to watch the 2nd and 3rd seasons though)
Brave10 (Sengoku warriors have been done before, but there's always some potential there)
Nisemonogatari (gotta get my Shaft on)
Another (I like Japanese horror, and the director has brought us neat stuff before)
Lupin III special (more Lupin is always a good thing)
Gyo (curious to see how Junji Ito will translate into anime)

Thoraxes

Oh shit Kyousogiga is coming next season. I went from being nearly depressed about next season to relatively happy now.

Oh wait. Dammit.

Thoraxes

Well, it airs in early December. It's like practically in that overlap period, so I guess you could put it either or. Late Fall, early Winter.

NewFresh

Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! looks to be some sort of litmus test.

Mouretsu Pirates and Black Rock Shooter

Nothing else seems interesting.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly the season overall looks more interesting than the last Winter season where the only good shows were Madoka, Level E and Wandering Son.

Glad to see all the people who don't watch Natsume expose themselves here :(

Reknoc

Miniskirt Pirates and the Lupin special for me I guess. Though I'll likely end up watching more depending on others impressions during the season.

Jex

Did anyone even read the blurb for the Recorder one? Sounds like some Yoiko shit. I don't think it will be that classy though.

NewFresh

darkside31337 said:
Honestly the season overall looks more interesting than the last Winter season where the only good shows were Madoka, Level E and Wandering Son.

Glad to see all the people who don't watch Natsume expose themselves here :(
You know you're going to watch Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Dynedom

Jexhius said:
Did anyone even read the blurb for the Recorder one?

Yep. It's like they took the ball that Break Blade did and ran with it. Ran miles.

Yes I realize neither of these shows invented the whole 17 year old who looks like a 10 year old thing (Index comes to mind for one) but ugh.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Wow, the upcoming season looks pretty good. At the very least, Recorder to Randoseru, Daily Lives of High School Boys, Mouretsu Pirates, and Kill Me Baby all seem interesting enough to at least watch the first episode of. Pappa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! too, but I worry on the "romantic" end of the comedy description. Best not be any funny business happening with the nieces...

Another seems the closest to something "worth" watching though, and of course, that means that it won't be and something else that I initially watch for the expectation of awfulness ends up being so-bad-it's-good. C'mon Mouretsu Pirates, I wanna feel good about some moe buccaneers~

NewFresh

doomed1 said:
Pappa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! too, but I worry on the "romantic" end of the comedy description. Best not be any funny business happening with the nieces...

Don't worry, he is only blood related to the youngest one.

C3 5

This is great. I absolutely love the direction during fights. The first half had literally no down time at all and the choreography was pretty well done. Everything from the facial expressions to the action is great. THIS is the kind of harem series I want to see more of.

Second half was good for furthering the lore. Some explanations really drive home the point that this series has a ton of horror elements. I wonder if all Waas have some kind of terrible sadistic story surrounding it.

Scene after the credits was interesting since it looks like this is going in the reverse of most action series.
Fear actually "levels down".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom