• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben-to 5
Iv3aTl.jpg

Hellsing321 said:
Its actually an allegory for the struggle of the working class and how the upper class manipulates them into fighting among themselves and voting against their best interest. Extremely poignant in these troubles economic times.

I CALLED IT!
0179_7uc3.gif

weeaboo

Fucking work and videogames, my animu backlog is going to explode. I need to catch up everything ヽ(´ー`)ノ

duckroll

Jexhius said:
I don't find it that useful to cover material that's already come up in this thread a few times but yes, the CG was problematic. Especially the 'in car' shots from episode 6. The composition on those was extremely awkward.

You're probably not a fan of Initial D.

NewFresh

PdotMichael said:
sometimes I have the feeling I'm no true anime-gaf member. I watch just three shows and I have no backlog.
That makes me a partial one. I have an immense backlog and watch no anime.

Ben to 5

That was a fun episode, they really like keeping main character undressed. Scene in the lounge was hilarious.

Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere 5

The scene where the guy with the Slicing Dragonfly sliced the area to the north of him was crazy. That was one cool weapon and fight
I love the battle theme and weapon variety.

Jex

PdotMichael said:
sometimes I have the feeling I'm no true anime-gaf member. I watch just three shows and I have no backlog.
Well it's not like I choose to have a backlog, but have you seen how many shows there are out there? Too many to watch!

S. L.

bam, might as well quit anime now. have my ultimate animu grail incoming in the mail.
nothing can top this for me.
bodenberry77-img600x57pum6.jpg

Kimagure Orange Road Pilot OAV LaserDisc.
Never Released in the west, never released on DVD, super awesome!

cajunator

Banned
weeaboo said:
Fucking work and videogames, my animu backlog is going to explode. I need to catch up everything ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Oh god this.
I have months of backlog. I think I overdid it.

Working'!! 6

The antics of the two new characters were pretty amusing; it's disappointing that they got such little screen time. The second and longer part came dangerously close to becoming too serious for these characters to sustain, though the direction of the ensuing awkwardness was strong enough to draw it back from the brink. Hopefully any future drama will be kept to a minimum.

Dresden said:
Haven't seen 3, 4, or 5 but too much Yamada is a bad thing - nothing's ever been done with her character (like every other member of the cast) so she's a one-note comic relief whose continued presence is more annoying than funny.

e: I guess I don't really mind since Poplar not being Popura would be a sad thing indeed.

Yamada didn't show up that much in this episode - just popping down from the ceiling a few times, which I found amusing and which is not something she's done much before this season. Retreading the same few gags is definitely a problem I could see happening with Working, but so far they've done a good job at avoiding it.

Takao said:
go to ANN, see this:

Thanks for the laugh Neo ADV!

Clannad After Story is the top-rated show on ANN, so they're not wrong.

Jex

S. L. said:
bam, might as well quit anime now. have my ultimate animu grail incoming in the mail.
http://www.abload.de/img/bodenberry77-img600x57pum6.jpg
Never Released in the west, never released on DVD, super awesome![/quote]
So who did you kill to get your hands on that?

Currently watching Fate/Zero. After finishing episode 2, I will continue to watch it as I'm really enjoying it.

I'm also planning on watching Hunter X Hunter, unless you guys feel it's terrible.

Guilty Crown is also on my list as well as Working!!, though with Working!! do I need to watch the first season?

I forget the name of the anime that involves solving cases (unless that's Guilty Crown).

Lastly the title with "friends" in it, I plan to watch.

That's what I have planned to watch. I was given recommendations for this season, but this thread moves too quickly.

zeroshiki

bigmit3737 said:
Currently watching Fate/Zero. After finishing episode 2, I will continue to watch it as I'm really enjoying it.

I'm also planning on watching Hunter X Hunter, unless you guys feel it's terrible.

Guilty Crown is also on my list as well as Working!!, though with Working!! do I need to watch the first season?

I forget the name of the anime that involves solving cases (unless that's Guilty Crown).

Lastly the title with "friends" in it, I plan to watch.

That's what I have planned to watch. I was given recommendations for this season, but this thread moves too quickly.

The mystery anime is Un-Go and the one with friends is Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai.

I say skip the former and definitely watch the latter.

duckroll said:
It's not wrong.

After all, "most beloved" isn't a judgment of quality; it's a judgment of popularity, which can be objectively measured.

Hitokage said:
Once upon a time, the ANN top 10 was actually rather agreeable, with the Kenshin OVA as #1.

I'm liking the MAL top 10 better these days, now that Gintama is #1 (and #3!).

bigmit3737 said:

It's not terrible, just be aware that the new series is aiming at being a shallow boy's adventure show, which is a lesser goal than the original had.

No, the first episode of Working'!! does a good job at reintroducing all the characters.

bigmit3737 said:

Don't forget to watch Chihayafuru, the best directed show of this season. Unless you're totally adverse to shoujo/josei.

duckroll

zeroshiki said:
The mystery anime is Un-Go and the one with friends is Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai.

I say skip the former and definitely watch the latter.

Un-Go is more original than Guilty Crown at least... :(

weeaboo

MPD 17 - Shit is going down, right?
Everyone is corrupted in some way or another. Ringo is the only good and innocent character in this show. Please, keep her safe :(

S. L. said:
bodenberry77-img600x57pum6.jpg

Never Released in the west, never released on DVD, super awesome!

woah, thats hot!

I watched and loved the france version of the anime as kid!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Articalys said:
It's a bit late, but that one fanartist finally did a piece for the summer season of anime; how many characters can you recognize?

I see four I recognize, and they're all basically next to each other.

Erigu

Articalys said:
Full list, from left to right and back to front where applicable:

Ruri Alba (Sacred 7), Utao Kuga (Kamisama Dolls), Yune (Ikoku Meiro), Rin Kaga (Usagi Drop), Subaru Konoe (Mayo Chiki), Himari Takakura/Crystal Princess (MPD), Dalian (Dantalian no Shoka), Haruka Nanami (Uta no Prince-sama)

Also,
that's no chair; Ruri, Yune, and Rin are riding in Kukuri's (from Kamisama Dolls, the big thing Utao is riding on top of) hands
And Akari (YuruYuri) at the bottom?

Don't forget to watch Chihayafuru, the best directed show of this season. Unless you're totally adverse to shoujo/josei

I'm not too familiar with soujo/josei anime, would K-ON be considered soujo/josei anime?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

bigmit3737 said:
I'm not too familiar with soujo/josei anime, would K-ON be considered soujo/josei anime?

No, the K-ON manga is serialized in a seinen magazine and is aimed at males. Shoujo/josei is aimed at females (shoujo younger, josei older). Think Nodame Cantabile, Paradise Kiss, Nana, Lovely Complex.

-Minsc-

This is just ugly. It just doesn't seem right for a Mushi-shi DVD to have this lame bargain green stripe down the spine. Thankfully I have the nicer looking set. At the very least the lower price point should entice people to buy it. Mushi-shi should be in everybody's collection in some form.

Dynedom

Ben-To - 05

Shit is getting real. Hope they don't go down a Tenjou Tenge flashback arc now though.

Also, about Asebi: paging Cajun

Finally caught up on Fate/Zero. Rider is such a man's man.

Hopefully
Caster dies soon. What an annoying guy.

Berserker is fucking cool.

And is Gilgamesh gay/bisexual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom