• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
They don't really make squids or cockroaches cute or 'moe'. They just give little girls a silly hat or costume and call it a day.
GOPYw.jpg

cajunator

Banned
mAcOdIn said:
For the love of God do not buy Burst Angel. That show is fucking terrible.
NO ITS NOT>
yes...I bought that too
Seriously though, it's a lot of fun.
And it has MEG. With her fuck-me boots.
She has lovely fuck-me boots.

cajunator

Banned
Penguin antics 17

Tentacle mischief and Penguin coffee shops.
A
showdown in the underground carpark
with awesome music.
Punishment
will be handed down. Tears are gonna fly.
SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Steroyd

Aigis said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18877092/gokicha.jpg[img]
Just so we remember what real roaches look like[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/kill-it-with-fire.gif

KILL-IT.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jexhius said:
It's got nothing on Tiger and Bunny

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/TB89injuredtigers.jpg[img][/quote]
But the one in Fate involves a priest, so it's naughtier.

[quote=doomed1]Homoeroticism is NEVER inadvertent. :P[/quote]
Mmm, isn't that glass of wine just mouthwatering?

Hela

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season I eps 1-3 (achronological)
I can't say I'm blown away, actually I'd even say that it's been kinda boring so far, but I hear it gets better as it goes.

Steroyd

cajunator said:
trolls gonna troll.
*hugs moe little roaches

Why do I have a feeling that you would have had a "Everything is moe to me" tag ages ago if it weren't already patented to someone else.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Icarus - Why haven't you posted your impressions of a Country doctor, you said you were watching it on the IRC yesterday!

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Earth moe? I think things are getting a bit out of hand.
It's not like I wanted provide a habitable environment for you or anything, I just happened to be in the right orbit, that's all. Baka humanity!

jman2050

I live in a mountainous region which means few if any cockroaches. Thank goodness.

Especially after the nonsense you have to go through in Florida. Those cretins are EVERYWHERE down there.

cajunator

Banned
We have more issues with buck moth caterpillars

These things:
Buck-moth-caterpillar.jpg

While they look friendly enough chilling on a branch, the sting is excrutiating.
Not moe at all.

trejo

Tamayura -hitotose- 1

Types of moe this episode adds to the mix:

-Crying moe
-Stuffed doll moe
-Agressive moe
-Correspondence moe
-New haircut moe
-Graduation moe
-Moving away moe

And naturally, amounts of moe no aware one could drown in but that's par for the course.

Geneijin

scy said:
As far as Tadakatsu is concerned, Motonobu's orders are just absolute. That's some loyalty right there~
Nah, I think it's purely loyalty. Tadakatsu literally has no reason to follow Motonobu because he has no other reason with how they've built his character thus far.

And I can see Motonobu as the villain due to this. Basically accelerating doomsday for everyone. Regardless of the outcome of this being a saved world or not, he'll probably still be the villain for it. "For the greater good" and all may apply but it's still basically forcing everyone to undoom the world.
Unless he comes back alive somehow, really, I shouldn't have called him a villain. Your question was more along the lines of whether his intentions were good or evil I think, and I have to say they were infinitely more evil than any morsel of good because he wants the world to destroy itself to save itself essentially. His actions in the show will be seen as evil more than good also I believe.

That said, it's not like he CAUSED the world's destruction; it was going to end anyway, all he did was make people aware and is trying to force his solution to it onto the world.
You're missing what was stated and implied. Everyone already knows the world is coming to an end even before his speech unless we're shown otherwise in future episodes. It's a question of whether defying fate or not is "right" when everyone has been following fate accordingly. Although ignoring that ethics discussion, I still say Motonobu's actions were evil because in order for humanity to prevent the apocalypse, they must gather the 9 Deadly Sins, which he only reveals after forcing the world into war in a power struggle over who gets to reign over the world after the apocalypse is remedied. It will become a classic case of human greed, ambition, etc.

I think my bigger concern here is that since Mikawa is gone, will there be a new "Mikawa"? I mean, as far as the Testament Union is concerned, they'll still need a new Motonobou/Tokugawa and the Four Kings for the purpose of history. I guess Musashi will be given that dubious honor, if only for it being the only other "Far East" locale ever mentioned.
They have no need for a new Motonobu as Horizon by default has become the successor. And they don't need a new Mikawa because part of the plan of blowing up Mikawa was to elevate Musashi's rank.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Bx9uR.jpg

Ben-To 05:

Good episode, some great laughs and shit has gotten super real. Now the wait for next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom