• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ezalc said:
EDIT: The team from Giant Killing didn't always win.
They won all the matches that they spent 5 episodes on, didn't they? Either way, they won when it counted. :p

Scripted sports drama really has two outcomes. The guys win, or the guys lose honorably, Rocky-style.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
firehawk12 said:
They won all the matches that they spent 5 episodes on, didn't they? Either way, they won when it counted. :p

Scripted sports drama really has two outcomes. The guys win, or the guys lose honorably, Rocky-style.

It's like you didn't even watch Ro-Kyu-Bu with me this year.

Tiger & Bunny 8 - 10

I hate when series are so predictable and by the book,
The story writers didnt even do anything to really hide the identity of Lunatic, which was disappointing
. I cant get enough of Origami Cyclone though. Oh well the show is massively entertaining though.

Nichijou 10
tumblr_lq56ffLt1k1qgo4gno1_250.gif

Mr. Sakamoto saves this anime. His laughter scene was hilarious.

trejo

Mirai Nikki 5

Cute episode. This is as far as I made it in the mango so it's all going to be new to me from now on. Bring it.

darkside31337 said:
It's like you didn't even watch Ro-Kyu-Bu with me this year.
Did the lolis lose dishonorably or something?

Ezalc

firehawk12 said:

IIRC the team had something of a 5 game loosing or tying streak. Either way you're wrong.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ezalc said:
IIRC the team had something of a 5 game loosing or tying streak. Either way you're wrong.
Well, I don't count the montages. I mean, the guys on Friday Night Lights lost their games too. But there was no doubt about the outcome of the series as a whole.

trejo said:
Mirai Nikki 5

Cute episode. This is as far as I made it in the mango so it's all going to be new to me from now on. Bring it.

It's kind of funny, I'm thinking of picking up the manga now because waiting a week for the next episode is killing me after I marathoned my way to catch up in a day. I'm going through Yuno withdrawals here!

trejo

firehawk12 said:
That'd be so hawt.
:cajun

Unknown Soldier said:
It's kind of funny, I'm thinking of picking up the manga now because waiting a week for the next episode is killing me after I marathoned my way to catch up in a day. I'm going through Yuno withdrawals here!
Something something wikipedia.

Ano Hana 7 and 8

I loved when Anaru confessed her love for Jin-tan, if only he would have feelings too and finally movement on the front of everyone finally recognizing Menma's presence, ie, the diary moving when they were confronting Jin-tan and her wish in it. Joyous

Steins Gate 7 and 8

I dont even understand whats going on anymore.
Crossing dimension lines, Ruka's gender?!. Though I have a feeling that someone that Okarin knows is John Titor, the girl outside of the shop knows too much
. I love the sound Mayuri makes. Tutturuu.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:

Prince of Tennis "tournaments" always ended when it was Ryoma's turn no matter what position he was playing in.

Sports Anime? Might as well call it Sports Entertainment Anime.

zeroshiki

Whoever wins, we lose.

firehawk12 said:
:cajun :cajun

Is PoT a real sports show or just an excuse for guys to almost have sex with each other?

Its an actual sports anime with special moves and such if that's what you're asking. The sex comes after they win.

firehawk12 said:
Ranma 101-09:

Huh, so you have a romcom where both leads are tsundere for each other. They really don't make 'em like they used to.

I'm also taken aback by the sheer amount of tits in the show. Was Ranma originally broadcast as a trashy late night show like MajiKoi or something?
I don't know when it aired, but given that it was based off of a very popular manga from a popular, somewhat mainstream author, I doubt that it was some late-night thing or something, no... it just had a bunch of nudity in it, particularly earlier on.

trejo said:
Dude that panda was totally letting everything hang out.

And yes, they do tone down on it as the show goes on. Disappointing, I know.
Yeah, the first season has the most nudity, for sure. It's too bad that they reduce it so much in the later seasons, but there is still some.

The final OVA, from a couple of years ago (done years after anything else in the franchise, for some exhibit or something?), has ab unch of nudity again though, which was kind of odd really because in between Ranma and this OVA was Rumiko Takahashi's other recent series, InuYasha, which has no nudity at all, and not even any pantyshots, ever...

Anyway though, yes, Ranma is a pretty funny series. Yeah, there's almost no progression, but I don't mind too much and think it's great anyway. My main complaint would be that it is sexist, but apart from that I like it a lot.

zeroshiki said:
I don't get why the Chihayafuru card always comes up whenever there is an important moment. Its like the game is fixed :O

Karuta = Pro Wrestling
But the post this was a reply to already answers that, the heart of the cards demands it!

B.K. said:
Last Exile 2 Episode 4

Not much happened in this episode, but it did pretty much confirm the theory that
the Prester Exile is the last to return to Earth and hasn't been back long.
It's good to have that confirmed.

mAcOdIn said:
By any sane definition! :)
By your definition, not by any sane one. :)

The guy like never agrees. What shit are you watching where the guy wants to? You just got Wandering Son on loop or something? No matter, it's still rarely funny.
No, that's just not true. It's your assertion that the guy never agrees that I find bizarre, I can't offhand think of any cases other than this one where a guy is forced to crossdress against his will (yes, I know they're out there, they're just not coming to me offhand), but I definitely can think of ones where, even if embarrassed, the guy does it either willingly or because he was convinced to. Like, the guy in Minami-ke, Hideyoshi in Bakatest, the part where the guys dressed as maids in Mayo Chiki, etc etc.

You should just be honest and say you like it when people cross-dress, then what would I do? Nothing!
Sure, I'll admit I find these plotlines entertaining.

Worse than the normal beating? He didn't even have to go to the hospital AND he remembered his classmates, Seems like this Monarch dude's a lightweight as Yarizui not only knocked his ass out but fucking erased the day from his memory. But anyways, so I guess this was worse, somehow. it's a territorial fight, one a wolf will fight, they were on his territory after all and oddly enough this is coming right after an episode that dealt with just this kind of shit which had Yarizui and Shaga squaring off.
But again, it wasn't a normal fight over bento. He was just beating him to provoke a response...

So no, the weird is not that the current stomping ground head is kicking an outsider's ass but why Saito's ass anyways? Why not Yarizui? Why would beating Saito up cause a war when he's not really that high up? That's what you should be looking at not thinking about how over the top it is that he got beat up, and let off lighter than when he wasn't even a combatant.
That last point is a good question really, why would beating up one of her underlings start a war? "I have to defend my people so we'll have to fight now", or something? Perhaps that would work, I guess, but you're right that you could question it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Steins;GAF 15: It's like that feeling in jRPGs when the world is about to be hit by a rock from outer space but you are given enough time to breed enough generations of rainbow-coloured ostriches so that you can cross the ocean to get a specific ultimate summon magicks.
Jexhius said:
Hey man, he's had a rough time, okay? Puzzles, I mean, Karuta
killed his family
Chihaya is way above pity sex.

Unknown Soldier said:
Haha, I couldn't wait either and burned through the whole thing in like, 2-3 days. It has some issues but the pacing is so good, it keeps you going until the end as you just have to know what'll happen next.

I also started up Chobits this week, just finished episode 10. I dunno how I feel about it, on one hand like Mirai Nikki the mysery around Chii and her relationship with Hideki is definitely interesting, but on the other hand I'm also all too aware that this show is just made to fulfill some weird otaku fantasy of having a girl that's 100% dependent on you which is pretty damn creepy.

cajunator

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
You need a tag so bad.
Is he a filthy mongrel?

airmangataosenai said:
I also started up Chobits this week, just finished episode 10. I dunno how I feel about it, on one hand like Mirai Nikki the mysery around Chii and her relationship with Hideki is definitely interesting, but on the other hand I'm also all too aware that this show is just made to fulfill some weird otaku fantasy of having a girl that's 100% dependent on you which is pretty damn creepy.
Chobits was a fun series, but if you want a show with a totally dependent character, look no further than DEARS.

Cwarrior

Phi brain ep5

ahhahahaa these crazy high school kids and blaming inanimate objects for killing there loved ones

Loved how genome called him pathetic for pulling an ikari shinji(reference)

Dresden

wan wan > coolish walk

DVD
*1, 5,410 *,**5,410 Working'!! vol.1 Limited Edition
*2, 3,357 *,*13,813 Hakuouki Sekkaroku vol.4 Limited Edition
*3, 2,720 *,*36,574 Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa
*4, 2,468 *,**2.468 One Piece 14th Season vol.2
*5, 1,379 *,*13,315 Gintama' vol.4
*6, 1,316 *,**4,749 Sekaiichi Hatsukoi vol.5 Special Edition
*7, 1,239 *,**1,239 Naruto: ShippuudenGoei Shuketsu no Sho vol.3
*8, 1,176 *,*10,526 Prince of Tennis: Another Story II - Ano Toki no Bokura vol.2
*9, *,968 *,**6,569 Ao no Exorcist vol.5
10, *,918 *,**7,481 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% vol.2
11, *,819 1,102,779 My Neighbor Totoro
12, *,695 *,260,421 Karigurashi no Arrietty
13, *,615 *,***,615 Manyuu Hikenchou vol.2
14, *,555 *,**4,608 Natsume Yuujinchou San vol.3 Limited Edition
15, *,543 *,**4,355 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai vol.5 Limited Edition
16, *,439 *,***,539 Sore Ike! Anpanman Akahana Chappy
17, *,538 *,***,538 Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox vol.5
18, *,509 *,***,509 Fairy Tail vol.22
19, *,476 *,**3,211 Starry☆Sky vol.9 Special Edition
20, *,462 *,**2,282 Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou vol.2
21, *,461 *,***,461 Toriko vol.3
22, *,446 *,*41,092 Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime
23, *,444 *,***,444 Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi vol.5

Blu-ray
*1, 10,050 10,050 Working'!!vol.1 Limited Edition
*2, *1,755 *1,755 Manyuu Hikenchou vol.2
*3, *1,629 21,403 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai vol.5 Limited Edition
*4, *1,288 22,901 Tiger and Bunny vol.6 Limited Edition
*5, **,859 **,859 Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox vol.5
*6, **,750 14,550 Steins;Gate vol.5
*7, **,690 **,690 Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi vol.5
*8, **,585 *5,975 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% vol.2

Single CD
12, 8,137 *8,137 Kamiya Hiroshi and Ono Daisuke "Smiley Time"
18, 5,177 *5,177 Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle "Brain Diver"
20, 4,088 *4,088 Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal "Setsubo no Freesia"
23, 3,989 25,394 Fate/Zero "Memoria"
27, 2,972 14,118 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai "Zannen kei Rinjinbu ★★☆"
30, 2,623 *2,623 Ben-To "Live for Life ~Ookami tachi no Yoru~"
33, 2,316 *2,316 Kimi to Boku. "Bye Bye"
34, 2,309 78,671 Supernatural The Animation "In My Head"
37, 1,891 15,839 Tamayura: Hitotose "Okaerinasai"
40, 1,773 *1,773 Gintama' "Anagura"
47, 1,531 16,433 Shinryaku!? Ika Musume "High Powered"
48, 1,525 18,326 Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam "Buddy"
49, 1,513 *1,513 Maken-Ki! "Fly Away"
50, 1,503 25,319 C³ "Endless Story"
53, 1,452 18,938 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon "Terminated"
54, 1,447 44,071 Beelzebub "Baby U!"
57, 1,415 *4,900 Mirai Nikki "Kuusou Mesorogiwi"
60, 1,334 20,362 Mawaru Penguindrum "Nornir"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dresden said:
wan wan > coolish walk

Wasn't the first seasons v1 sales incredibly inflated? The average for season 1 was like 17k including v1 sales which were double the rest. S2 will sell better overall. Either way solid numbers for this season and it deserves it.

JKTrix

For what it's worth, the Chihayafuru manga has been running since 2007. It won some manga awards in both 2009 and 2011.

If you've seen any number of Madhouse manga adaptations, you know the care they usually handle them with.

I don't expect any nosedives unless it deviates.

JKTrix said:
For what it's worth, the Chihayafuru manga has been running since 2007. It won some manga awards in both 2009 and 2011.

If you've seen any number of Madhouse manga adaptations, you know the care they usually handle them with.

I don't expect any nosedives unless it deviates.

The only thing I'm worried about is a satisfactory ending, since the manga is still running.

And coolish walk > wan wan.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
hosannainexcelsis said:
You're a horrible human being.
There's probably like five better OPs this season than Coolish Walk. This is just Working!! being overrated again.

scy

Regulus Tera said:
Are Unknown Soldier and I the only ones excited for the final Zero no Tsukaima season? :(

I'm excited to see it end, much the same way I'm excited about Shana Final. I want my resolutions damn it.

Dresden said:
Single CD
18, 5,177 *5,177 Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle "Brain Diver"
33, 2,316 *2,316 Kimi to Boku. "Bye Bye"
57, 1,415 *4,900 Mirai Nikki "Kuusou Mesorogiwi"

Thats all the Mirai Nikki opening could do? I thought its swiftly memorable and catchy especially the part after "survival game".But I love Bye Bye and Brain Diver, the music video to Brain Diver is nice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
Its an actual sports anime with special moves and such if that's what you're asking. The sex comes after they win.
Ahhh, something for everyone.

A Black Falcon said:
I don't know when it aired, but given that it was based off of a very popular manga from a popular, somewhat mainstream author, I doubt that it was some late-night thing or something, no... it just had a bunch of nudity in it, particularly earlier on.
Well, there were lots of tits in the first 10 episodes or so anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom