• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
JKTrix said:
Times were different back then, man. Tits weren't taboo.
Or rather, companies hadn't yet figured out how to sell more videos by only putting the uncensored releases there, and not on TV. I'll bet that's got more to do with it...

JKTrix

A Black Falcon said:
Or rather, companies hadn't yet figured out how to sell more videos by only putting the uncensored releases there, and not on TV. I'll bet that's got more to do with it...
It was the age before internet piracy, so yeah, they didn't have a problem selling videos.

Cwarrior

chihayafuru ep6

Really beautiful stuff, madhouse doing fantastic job making a meh story really enjoyable to watch with excellent directing, wish they were working on something more interesting and original.

I can see this girl as just being another one of those characters that never amount to anything(hope am wrong).

Dance In My Blood said:
There's probably like five better OPs this season than Coolish Walk. This is just Working!! being overrated again.

Coolish Walk is a fun song, fits well with the visuals of the OP, and perfectly fits the mood of Working'!! That said, speaking musically, it's certainly not my favorite OP of the season. Mawaru Penguin Drum OP 2 and Chihayafuru would be my top two by far, with Phi Brain, Tamayura, Un-Go, and Guilty Crown also being enjoyable to one extent or another.

trejo

A Black Falcon said:
Nah, boobs were definitely classier back in the day.

trejo

Cwarrior said:
I can see this girl as just being another one of those characters that never amount to anything
NtqWO.jpg

sonicmj1

Dance In My Blood said:
There's probably like five better OPs this season than Coolish Walk. This is just Working!! being overrated again.

Coolish Walk isn't the best OP song this season, but it's the only one with a video that I actually want to watch accompanying it, because they compliment each other really well.

That seems like the most important thing, in the context of an anime.

Thoraxes

Regulus Tera said:
Are Unknown Soldier and I the only ones excited for the final Zero no Tsukaima season? :(
Hell no, I am too.
Every night I battle my inner demons on this issue. One of them tells me to love Louise while the other one knows I just want Siesta badly. Eventually a 3rd one hops in and tells me since the Princess was so hot in S3, she needs my care and attention too.

iavi

Defuser said:
Togenkyou Alien > Dilemma.

Meh, I just can't like Togenkyou Alien, and I've tried. Funnily enough, it does fit the series better than the usual choice, but I prefer Gintama's srs biz ops, and songs that accompany them.

darkside31337 said:
My favorite OP this season is Last Exile Fam's.

Maaya Sakamoto + School Food Punishment? Yes please.

Maaya Sakamoto is always great, but I don't like the composition of this particular song. There are some nice elements, but the structure, some of the harmonic progressions, and the first instrumental interlude feel off.

Defuser

Thoraxes said:
Hell no, I am too.
Every night I battle my inner demons on this issue. One of them tells me to love Louise while the other one knows I just want Siesta badly. Eventually a 3rd one hops in and tells me since the Princess was so hot in S3, she needs my care and attention too.
Would you rather have a dominatrix or a maid/princess?

trejo

Every OP this season ranges from terrible to forgettable, tbh. Un-Go's is okay but it gets completely overshadowed by its much superior ED.

Dresden

I liked Shaga Daughter of Dolf's opening in Ben-to, mainly because it came so unexpectedly.

I also sit through Chihayafuru's opening.

Mirai Nikki's op is bad.

Thoraxes

Defuser said:
Would you rather have a dominatrix or a maid/princess?
Is all of the above a choice?

Louise offers precious dere moments with copious amounts of blush that can kill. Also Zettai ryoukai.

The princess has a rockin body, is confident, leads a god damn country, and loves making risque moves, to the point where she would undo her top and make out with me in a hotel to hide, but want to follow through on that.

Siesta knows you have needs and wants to serve you best she can to satisfy them, no matter what they may be. Also her family is OK. Additionally, she doesn't seem to have problems bathing with the opposite sex, so that's fair game too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Miri said:
We do need another "Jibun woooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooo,
if I do say so myself.

Fitting of course since Code Geass is the only series that can save anime itself. It can save anime OPs along the way.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
sonicmj1 said:
Coolish Walk isn't the best OP song this season, but it's the only one with a video that I actually want to watch accompanying it, because they compliment each other really well.

That seems like the most important thing, in the context of an anime.
Idolmaster, P4, Chihayafuru, MPD and Mirai Nikki all have what I would consider to be pretty fitting OPs. I think even Ben-to's matches the mood of the show pretty well.

Mirai Nikki 5

Haha, they really outdid themselves with Twelfth. Such an awesome character made even better. The post-credits omake was excellent.

Poor Sixth :(. She's a lot more sympathetic now and it made me sad to see her go, a lot more than it did in the manga.

Disappointed by the censorship. Not so much for this scene, but the fact it has a high chance of ruining my favorite panel in the entire series when (MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS)
Akise holds up his diary for the second he's standing after being decapitated.

Other than that though, this is a near perfect adaptation and I have little doubt in my mind that this will become the definitive version of the series when it's all over (and the dvd/blu-rays are out provided the censorship gets really bad). More people really should be watching this. Strong contender for show of the season, especially for those with no knowledge of the manga.

zeroshiki

Dance In My Blood said:
Idolmaster, P4, Chihayafuru, MPD and Mirai Nikki all have what I would consider to be pretty fitting OPs. I think even Ben-to's matches the mood of the show pretty well.

Guilty Crown's OP and ED is pretty awesome.

supercell <3

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Guilty Crown has the best OP and ED this season.

Also, Mirai Nikki's OP is amazing. Stop hating.

Also also, Coolish Walk > Someone Else.

Also also also, I cannot in my good mind choose Louise when the definitive Kugiloli has already been done. Henrietta over Louise any day of the week.

Jex

trejo said:
Every OP this season ranges from terrible to forgettable, tbh. Un-Go's is okay but it gets completely overshadowed by its much superior ED.
I don't know, I think Chiayafuru's is pretty okay, not great or anything.

Dance In My Blood said:

Sorry, but while Persona 4's OP song is OK, the visuals are completely lazy and dull. MPD's OP is visually lazy as well, if stylish. I don't think those are good examples of the song complimenting the visuals well.

Chihayafuru does a good job, but I don't think it matches the choreographing of Working'!!'s, with the characters singing along and all. The Idolmaster OP 2 beats it though, at least in certain segments.

duckroll

Both Idolmaster OPs are very visually creative, and give the songs well. Not quite Kuragehime-tier, but still, pretty damn good.

Fate/Zero probably has the best "action" OP this season, and shows off the cast really well. It actually reminds me of a good mecha OP, except without mechs.

I don't actually mind the Guilty Crown OP at all. I like the song, and I like the way they used the song along with digital projections of Inori singing it at the start and end. It's definitely not lazy, but some of the direction could be better.

Un-Go has good animation for the OP, but the song doesn't really work for me, so the entire thing feels a bit noisier than it should be.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lafiel said:
Really?

The OP is so disappointingly lazy.
Yeah, love the song but the lack of effort is just kinda mars it. Except for dat lip sync.
hosannainexcelsis said:
Sorry, but while Persona 4's OP song is OK, the visuals are completely lazy and dull. MPD's OP is visually lazy as well, if stylish. I don't think those are good examples of the song complimenting the visuals well.
I dunno. P4's doesn't seem particularly lazy or anything to me. About what I'd expect from the show. I don't mind some simplicity though, so maybe that's why I like MPD and P4's openers even from a visual standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom