• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I forgot to post this. It came up when GAF was down: http://www.noitamina-apparel.com/

noitaminA is now well and truly dead. They're selling officially cosplay costumes from Guilty Crown and will be adding more products from other shows in future. gg.
Yes, but at least they've made it clear that every part of them is up for sale. It's time for sweet, cynical merchandising. Let's all buy Menma's scrunchie!

Is it just not getting far enough or actually removing him from the plot? Former is fine but the latter would be a crime.

We don't know. We're just assuming because it's Gainax and they don't generally do long-running series. Kumagawa shows up relatively late and if he appears at all, it would be at the end unless by some miracle we got a 2nd season or Gainax decided they would need to make it long running to survive now that a lot of the big guys are gone.

7Th

@Meduk- I mean, Medaka

Maybe they will skip the first chapters; back when it was action-parody instead of action-action.

iavi

Working'!! 8

Deep love, surprises, and Yamada fanservice all up in this bitch. Another fun ep as usual, not as good as previous, but fun nonetheless.

@Meduk- I mean, Medaka

Maybe they will skip the first chapters; back when it was action-parody instead of action-action.

If it means Kumagawa showing up, I'd totally be fine if they skipped right to the Unzen arc. The action-parody stuff is pretty much just Baka Test anyway.

Jex

noitaminA store has me excited. Mononoke, ParaKiss and Kuragehime are the obvious ones they should do. Jellyfish Dress would be great.

The prices don't :(
I don't remember you as a Sailor Senshi. Or maybe you've always been that way and I never noticed.

Steroyd

Working'!! - 08

Not as good as previous episodes but still good nonetheless, Inami is a lost cause. :lol

Working'!! 8

So... what does Inami see in Takanashi again?

Once a upon a time, Takanashi who was cross dressing at the time he gave Inami's dad a verbal beat down, it's been squeee~ ever since.

That feels like in some distant past in an alternate reality lulz.

Jex

Nichijou ep 1 & 2
It's quite funny, I like it. Especially the professor and the robot.
Careful there fella, you're getting into dangerous territory. I mean, serious words have been thrown down over that show. Presumably because, without K-On!!! there's nothing recent to really argue about.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't remember you as a Sailor Senshi. Or maybe you've always been that way and I never noticed.

I have to give the Hitokage the impression that I'm actually "marathoning" Sailor Moon instead of watching 1 episode per day like the lying lazy ass I actually am. This avatar and tag stays until I do marathon Sailor Moon.

I really do love this show but its a bit much in terms of marathon material. Maybe once I push through the early stuff it becomes more enjoyable in large quantities.

Zeppelin

Zup anime GAF? I don't watch much anime and I'm pretty picky about what I like... but can someone recommend me something along the lines of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time? A somewhat realistic setting in present day or near future (like Time of Eve). Feature length and damn good looking preferred (but a series is OK).

Tiger and Bunny 21

Wonder what Kotetsu's plan is. Should be epic.

Really impressed with how this show has escalated with each arc being better than the last. I'm expecting a strong finale.

Careful there fella, you're getting into dangerous territory. I mean, serious words have been thrown down over that show. Presumably because, without K-On!!! there's nothing recent to really argue about.
So there is a rabid fanbase for this show on GAF. I guess I'll stop posting about it when I'll stop enjoying it
lol.gif

Steroyd

There are two camps. There's the side that completely hate and detest this show and will mock it when they see fresh meat and then there's the the side that's fighting for justice.

Hate and detest is a strong word, it's just boring most of th-- I'M NOT DOING THIS SHIT AGAIN!!

Jex

Zup anime GAF? I don't watch much anime and I'm pretty picky about what I like... but can someone recommend me something along the lines of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time? A somewhat realistic setting in present day or near future (like Time of Eve). Feature length and damn good looking preferred (but a series is OK).
So, like, 5 centimetres per second? Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKn5AwOTis

I mean, it's not as good as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, but it seems to fulfil your specific criteria. I can imagine a number of other things that fit roughly along those lines visually, but they encompass a wide variety of genres.

Maybe you could explain what you liked about TGWLTT and then I could give you some more specific recommendations.

7Th

Tokyo Godfathers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6mcx2qF4Q
Summer Days with Coo it's as "realistic" as TokiKake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMaa1FNbTFo
Mai Mai Miracle isn't really set in the present day, but it is a realistically styled movie with great animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS-l73ZJtpg

Jex

I have to give the Hitokage the impression that I'm actually "marathoning" Sailor Moon instead of watching 1 episode per day like the lying lazy ass I actually am. This avatar and tag stays until I do marathon Sailor Moon.

I really do love this show but its a bit much in terms of marathon material. Maybe once I push through the early stuff it becomes more enjoyable in large quantities.

I've sat through six or more hours of Sailor Moon. You need to get stronger.

So there is a rabid fanbase for this show on GAF. I guess I'll stop posting about it when I'll stop enjoying it
lol.gif

More like a rabid anti-fanbase. I, on the other hand, loved the show all the way through. Sure, some of the segments didn't work, but I found most of them hilarious. When you add in the charming characters and gorgeous animation, Nichijou is definitely one of my favorite shows of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom