• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The fact that you seem to not have seen Steins;Gate is the real tragedy.
I'm finding it really hard to care to finish Steins;Gate.
This almost makes me want to watch idlem@ster again.
I forgot to post this. It came up when GAF was down: http://www.noitamina-apparel.com/

noitaminA is now well and truly dead. They're selling officially cosplay costumes from Guilty Crown and will be adding more products from other shows in future. gg.
MILF Drop cosplay time!
Whenever I hear that track, this is what's in my head:
You mean like this (or rather Haruka's)?
Also this.
The best thing about Shitty Crown, truthfully.

Mawaru Penguindrum 19:
Oh man, this show just keeps blindsiding me. I really wasn't prepared for that mega twist at the end. It's also interesting to get more insight into Sanetoshi and what he's up to, and seeing more of Himari dealing with the events of the series. Definitely an episode that just leaves me wanting more.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Too bad you have no idea what reasonably sized boobs are.

I'm so glad that GAF came back so we could have this conversation. :|
Well you're the one who brought it back up after hours of not talking about it >__>

And to be honest, it's this terrible horrible anime boob discussion that makes me side with the flat justice side. If you get a boner, that's on your conscious, jackass. Anime characters, even moe-tans, do not have to be there for your personal sexual fantasies. Seriously, I don't even know why this is a discussion...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Steins;Gate had one of the worst first episodes of any show I've watched in years.

And ended up being my favorite series of 2011 thus far. Absolutely fantastic show.

Ezalc

Well you're the one who brought it back up after hours of not talking about it >__>

And to be honest, it's this terrible horrible anime boob discussion that makes me side with the flat justice side. If you get a boner, that's on your conscious, jackass. Anime characters, even moe-tans, do not have to be there for your personal sexual fantasies. Seriously, I don't even know why this is a discussion...

It's your fault for starting the discussion on a NeoGAF-tan. And I happily welcome my boners doesn't weigh on my conscious at all.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

I think it's better if people have these fetishes on 2D characters than on actual 3D people!
Steins;Gate had one of the worst first episodes of any show I've watched in years.

And ended up being my favorite series of 2011 thus far. Absolutely fantastic show.
It was going to be one of my favourite series until it started handling all the female characters as boner-fodder. The way the show dwindles between harem fantasy and soft sci-fi with a genuinely intriguing mystery is distracting and insulting for a cast that I actually came to care for.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
im sorry but
WHAT?
Up to episode 19 spoilers:
Rukako dating Kyouma, Feyris falling in love with him after he took a beating for her, Kyouma tongue-raping Moeka, Kurisu tsun-tsun dere-dereing all the fucking time.

Basically that. Not that I was expecting much in the way of meaningful inter-gender relationships from this show in the first place!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Up to episode 19 spoilers:
Rukako dating Kyouma, Feyris falling in love with him after he took a beating for her, Kyouma tongue-raping Moeka, Kurisu tsun-tsun dere-dereing all the fucking time.
Most of these were the best parts of the show though.

Ezalc

since they started giving every female character regardless of age, perfect round asses?
started noticing this since way back when sailor moon

You're probably thinking of something completely different. I can't even remember one anime chick who didn't have a flat ass.

hellclerk

It's your fault for starting the discussion on a NeoGAF-tan. And I happily welcome my boners doesn't weigh on my conscious at all.
I asked a simple question several hours ago and chose not to pursue it further, and while I did wonder what the actual value of a "GAF-tan" being flat or not had to do with the moe-tan status and why this was apparently so divisive, I didn't care enough to start this horrible discussion several hours after it had been dropped already.

But since it was brought back anyway, I'll ask: Why does a "moe" anthropomorphism of NeoGAF have to conform to your standards of "hot" in anime? What about NeoGAF makes T&A that important in a representation of the board? Or, for the other side, what makes a pettanko (or if you must, a loli) representative of GAF? You see, when making a moe-tan, you make something that is representative of what it's mascot for. Because that's what it is, a mascot.

But I digress, there's really no need to talk about this anymore. This community is too diverse to unanimously vote on one thing or another for as many reasons as posts in this thread, so further discussion about it holds no value.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
But since it was brought back anyway, I'll ask: Why does a "moe" anthropomorphism of NeoGAF have to conform to your standards of "hot" in anime? What about NeoGAF makes T&A that important in a representation of the board? Or, for the other side, what makes a pettanko (or if you must, a loli) representative of GAF? You see, when making a moe-tan, you make something that is representative of what it's mascot for. Because that's what it is, a mascot.

A loli with a 360 controller in one hand, and a monocle in the other.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uchip, your avatars are like the mirrors of those of Ookami-kun's.

hellclerk

When making a mascot that represents the board, I don't see how it is.
Because just giving it T&A doesn't represent the board, it just feeds the self-masturbatory image that sadly crops up in self-created moe-tans. Good moe-tans are created by individuals not connected to the system. Case and point, OS-tans, created by those who, no matter how much they like their OS, they're still aware of the flaws. The line of Window-tans represent both the strengths and the failures of MS's software line. Now how do we represent our talents and flaws? It's certainly not by giving a representation of T&A. I'm pretty sure most people on this board have neither, or at least any that you'd want to see or even think about.

Because just giving it T&A doesn't represent the board, it just feeds the self-masturbatory image that sadly crops up in self-created moe-tans. Good moe-tans are created by individuals not connected to the system. Case and point, OS-tans, created by those who, no matter how much they like their OS, they're still aware of the flaws. The line of Window-tans represent both the strengths and the failures of MS's software line. Now how do we represent our talents and flaws? It's certainly not by giving a representation of T&A. I'm pretty sure most people on this board have neither, or at least any that you'd want to see or even think about.

If we wanted to accurately represent the board, we'd start by making a guy and not a girl. I'm not some purist moe-tan lover, though, so I don't care about being accurate or creating a "good" moe-tan. I just wanted to express my disbelief at your stupid question that I initially quoted.

C3 ep 8

The first half was pretty good. Fear in Cube has a great variety of skills and is just plain cool in her alternative mode. I just hate everything in the anime that is not related to the action, fanservice involving characters no one cares for.

Ezalc

Last Exile Fam isn't Claus 6

No matter what I just can't like Fam as a character. They're trying to make her as good as Claus without it actually working. This is a girl who never raced in her life, going up against not only a veteran racer, but one of the best with a 120 win streak, while in a tiny ass ship that probably has half of the power of a normal Vanship. You expect me to believe she'd be able to win? Bullshit. I was expecting her to lose only for Claus to show up and completely annihilate everybody in the Grand Race and win back Milia and the ship. Sadly that doesn't seem like it'll happen which leaves me rather disappointed. That baroness was hot but the race in itself was very boring and completely unbelievable. The fact that I'm supposed to believe that a go-kart could beat an F1 car in a race is beyond me. I want my Claus and Tatiana Vanship Superstar Ace Pilots Duo back with Dio on the side with his whimsy. If Fam wins that Grand Race thing I'm dropping this show, it'll be the biggest bullshit ever.

Uchip

Banned

No matter what I just can't like Fam as a character. They're trying to make her as good as Claus without it actually working. This is a girl who never raced in her life, going up against not only a veteran racer, but one of the best with a 120 win streak, while in a tiny ass ship that probably has half of the power of a normal Vanship. You expect me to believe she'd be able to win? Bullshit. I was expecting her to lose only for Claus to show up and completely annihilate everybody in the Grand Race and win back Milia and the ship. Sadly that doesn't seem like it'll happen which leaves me rather disappointed. That baroness was hot but the race in itself was very boring and completely unbelievable. The fact that I'm supposed to believe that a go-kart could beat an F1 car in a race is beyond me. I want my Claus and Tatiana Vanship Superstar Ace Pilots Duo back with Dio on the side with his whimsy.

dio is a guy? wtf

No matter what I just can't like Fam as a character. They're trying to make her as good as Claus without it actually working. This is a girl who never raced in her life, going up against not only a veteran racer, but one of the best with a 120 win streak, while in a tiny ass ship that probably has half of the power of a normal Vanship. You expect me to believe she'd be able to win? Bullshit. I was expecting her to lose only for Claus to show up and completely annihilate everybody in the Grand Race and win back Milia and the ship. Sadly that doesn't seem like it'll happen which leaves me rather disappointed. That baroness was hot but the race in itself was very boring and completely unbelievable. The fact that I'm supposed to believe that a go-kart could beat an F1 car in a race is beyond me. I want my Claus and Tatiana Vanship Superstar Ace Pilots Duo back with Dio on the side with his whimsy.
No way, Fam is more awesome than Claus.

And yeah, Dio has always been male.

Ezalc

No way, Fam is more awesome than Claus.

And yeah, Dio has always been male.

Hell no she's not. Not even close, I wouldn't even put her above Tatiana's assistant whose name escapes me at the moment, but she was kind of a boring character. Alice I think her name is?

that was like 10 years ago, man

Considering his gigantic role in regards to the plot there should be no reason why you didn't know he was a male unless you were actively skipping all the scenes with him.

Hell no she's not. Not even close, I wouldn't even put her above Tatiana's assistant whose name escapes me at the moment, but she was kind of a boring character. Alice I think her name is?
Alister, aka Alis. But no. Why do you dislike her so much? The only good reasons I can think of to far prefer Claus over Fam are either if you dislike this sequel in general or prefer male leads, because she's a great character who compares quite well to Claus. She's really skilled, has a great upbeat attitude, has big dreams, etc...

Considering his gigantic role in regards to the plot there should be no reason why you didn't know he was a male unless you were actively skipping all the scenes with him.
Yeah, pretty much.

Articalys

Ben-to 7

Absolutely ridiculous. Good episode
up until Shiraume shows up for no reason which promptly kills half the hype for me. Also, omelette boobs

hellclerk

Claus was damned standard oblivious anime protagonist that all the girls seemed to get wet for though. It would be pretty hard for Fam to best that. What made the original Last Exile good was the concept, the competent narrative, and the badass supporting characters (also Lavie, who would have been the best damned character on the show if she didn't put up with Claus' bullshit all the time like she did). While I have more than a few reservations about Fam, she still has more potential as a character than Claus ever did. They do, however, need to murder whoever in marketing is meddling in the script, because I can think of nothing else that would turn Fam into such a dry "I am blindly doing good to the blatant disregard of my life" character...

Durarara!! 21

So what do have?

Masaomi doing his best to keep his goons in check, but not doing a very good job

Anri trying to prevent further attacks at the hand of the Yellow Scarves, but clearly in danger (which she will probably have no trouble getting out of)

And Mikado....who is doing nothing. He needs to make a move

And there is Izaya just watching everything unfold as if his grand plan is really going to work

Only a few more episodes left. I know the show isn't over, but as far as it goes, it's good, but nowhere as good as Baccano! is in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom