• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Lain said:
I don't even completely remember how it ended, but I get the feeling the end wasn't all that bad. Or it was?
I just read the last few pages again because it had been a while, and laughed.

It's pretty bad.

Lain said:
I don't even completely remember how it ended, but I get the feeling the end wasn't all that bad. Or it was?

The ending was fine. Kind of a mindfuck, but you can't say it was unexpected.

Ao no Exorcist 24

Shura vs Satan was awesome and we get some nice bro love near the end there. This is pretty much a JRPG final boss at this point, but I'm cool with that.

Lain said:

the best part was:

"Yuno smashed the wall of space-time with a hammer"

It was ridiculous insane

duckroll

With scenes like this, Guilty Crown is sure to save anime now and forever:

illustration_9.jpg

illustration_11.jpg

illustration_10.jpg

Geneijin

Instro said:
Dark Rabbit 12
Hahahahahaha the fucking show closes on a hot spring episode, are you kidding me? God this show was just so bad on every level, but the writing in particular was pretty awful. From reusing the exact same plot line in 2 episodes straight, to consistently marginalizing and/or ignoring seemingly important plot points after they happen, it was pretty hilarious. Its not incoherent, but its pathetic in its own way. It's like they just gave up after episode 1. Even more comical is that Geneijin mentioned that the anime is apparently a direct copy and paste of the light novels. How the hell does this hold up in a book format?

So bravo Dark Rabbit for being the worst show of this season, and maybe of the worst of the year.
Actually, to clarify, I was remarking after having recently read what a fan of the novels said about ZEXCS doing a lazy copy and paste adaptation or something similar that if that were true, then I couldn't comprehend how bad the novels were.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Nonoriri said:
The last two episodes of Eva are really interesting in terms of both content and direction though. I don't know if I would call them better, but they are certainly more memorable than anything in MPD and Spice and Wolf.
I'm torn. The direction in the last two episodes of Eva is brilliant, but the same can be said for Penguindrum 9.
Both are better than anything in Spice and Wolf though...obviously. Why is this comparison even being made?

zeroshiki

duckroll said:
With scenes like this, Guilty Crown is sure to save anime now and forever:

http://www.guilty-crown.jp/commons/images/gallery/illustration/illustration_9.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.guilty-crown.jp/commons/images/gallery/illustration/illustration_11.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.guilty-crown.jp/commons/images/gallery/illustration/illustration_10.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

The sword comes from her... boobs?

ANIME OF THE FOREVER CONFIRMED

Yesterday watched Usagi Drop final ep, what a heart warming awesome serie....then I checked how the manga goes forward....

I shouldn't have done that.

Lain said:

It's pretty stupid, but at least it ends on a "good ending" note, I'm a sucker for those.

duckroll said:

I love how in the second scene, looks like both are climaxing....

I liked it more when I could watch all those series with a pure innocent mind.

Zalasta

Oh wow, first time I can honestly say that nothing interest me at all...Or maybe Dresden was too good at putting them all down :)

-Minsc-

cosmicblizzard said:
Gintama 202-203

Wow, what an amazing return. I would not be disappointed if this is what I came back to after waiting a whole year. A perfect parody of Shounen timeskips. And in typical Gintama fashion, they try to sneak an aesop in there about growing up and stuff like that... before
it's revealed to be warts.

Also, I have no idea why, but the line "So how does it feel to go from living on the street to cutting your hair" cracks me up :lol
It was certainly a ride. We were well served after being starved for a year. Right from start to finish there was hardly enough time to think with all the WTF moments. Of course, at the end
Gintoki was the only one unaffected due to his lack of ambition

Hela

Nichijou 18 - I couldn't stop chuckling at the part with the princess and numbered guys. Wish the whole show would be this fun.

/XX/

Lain said:
We still get reruns once in a while here. The last one was just this winter/spring.
It was really big in France, Italy and here in Spain (specially after the success of Heidi, Girl of the Alps, although that series is not part of the World Masterpiece Theater program) where the important TV stations all were (and some still are) interested in making constant re-runs, because those works are etched into the sweet childhood memories of a whole generation.

I don't think the World Masterpiece Theater objective was to please those who are "connoisseur" or fans of the literary works, obviously, and in my opinion are more oriented to a family experience, discovering (or rediscovering) known stories in an accessible way for all, to share them together.

From what I know, in Japan the program has always been an event in itself, and not-very-succesful entries of it like Homeless Child Remi (家なき子レミ), not to be confused with Mr. Serikawa nor Mr. Dezaki animated versions of Hector Malot's story Sans Famille, had somewhat decent ratings (approx. 8-8.5% of Rating as a median, in a difficult time-slot) compared to the majority of animation shows aired at the time. Nowhere near Dog of Flanders (フランダースの犬), though... but those were other times...

Articalys

Just in time for her new series, the cephalopod is able to invade the next round.
C2
1st 207 Hercule Barton @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes
2nd 146 Laura Bodewig @ Infinite Stratos
2nd 106 Eclair Martinozzi @ Dog Days

D2
1st 292 Ika Musume @ Shinryaku! Ika Musume
2nd 107 Yui Kotegawa @ To Love Ru
3rd 82 Shiro Tougi @ Fortune Arterial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom