• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonoriri said:
It's true though. Despite looking ugly, and being weak overall, it's still a bit better than any spice and wolf episode.

I don't know. I liked the plot events of Episode 10, but the execution really got in the way and several of the scenes were rather awkward. Speaking generally, as much as I love Penguin Drum for its utter craziness, I can't deny that the pacing and character development has been all over the place, and despite having a larger potential I'm not entirely convinced that the show will end up as solid as Spice and Wolf based on what I've seen. Episode 12 really needs to move things along.

Now Penguin Drum 9 is absolutely better than any episode of Spice and Wolf I've seen, I'll agree with that statement.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
mAcOdIn said:
Well it is memorable in the sense it was probably the first time two whole episodes of an anime were produced solely using Microsoft's Powerpoint.

A technique that Shaft would make a business out of. You see, totally memorable! So much so, that we see it all the time now.

hosannainexcelsis said:
I don't know. I liked the plot events of Episode 10, but the execution really got in the way and several of the scenes were rather awkward. Speaking generally, as much as I love Penguin Drum for its utter craziness, I can't deny that the pacing and character development has been all over the place, and despite having a larger potential I'm not entirely convinced that the show will end up as solid as Spice and Wolf based on what I've seen. Episode 12 really needs to move things along.

Now Penguin Drum 9 is absolutely better than any episode of Spice and Wolf I've seen, I'll agree with that statement.

I think that episode 10 was a bit better than 8(?) in that at least it actually kept pace at developing things, while weak and ugly, it wasn't too bad.

mAcOdIn

trejo said:
To be fair, DTB1's OST is one of Kanno's weakest, I feel.
She must have stole it from an amateur.
Nonoriri said:
A technique that Shaft would make a business out of. You see, totally memorable! So much so, that we see it all the time now.
Well, just because you're copied doesn't mean you did anything right, I dunno who started pioneering the harem genre but I'd hardly give them any credit. At least Shaft makes the dialog pretentious though, Gainax just struggled to get words to display on the screen, Shaft has all kinds of words displayed at all times and dialog, at the same time.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nonoriri said:
The last two episodes of Eva are really interesting in terms of both content and direction though. I don't know if I would call them better, but they are certainly more memorable than anything in MPD and Spice and Wolf.
The last two Eva episodes are memorable in the way one might remember pressing their gums to the hot metal underside of an iron.

Nonoriri

mAcOdIn said:
She must have stole it from an amateur.

Well, just because you're copied doesn't mean you did anything right, I dunno who started pioneering the harem genre but I'd hardly give them any credit. At least Shaft makes the dialog pretentious though, Gainax just struggled to get words to display on the screen, Shaft has all kinds of words displayed at all times and dialog, at the same time.

Yeah Shaft sure is awful.

mAcOdIn

Nonoriri said:
Yeah Shaft sure is awful.
But a good artist knows when to steal or copy, see, Kanno didn't do that once and because of that we got the DtB soundtrack.
trejo said:
You two have made the list.
I imagine I'm on a lot of lists, you'll have to be more specific.

Nonoriri

mAcOdIn said:
But a good artist knows when to steal or copy, see, Kanno didn't do that once and because of that we got the DtB soundtrack.

Poor Kanno, she might be going senile or something. :(

El Sloth

Banned
darkside31337 said:
I still can't get these really weird Kenshiro x Bayonetta crossover images out of my head because of that post >:/
Was Bayonetta released for the PC?

Because I think I know the next great mod for it.

trejo

mAcOdIn said:

The list.

mAcOdIn

trejo said:
Well it's just you and Darkside so far so I dunno, you tell me.
Well that's not really a list then. How can a supposed important list, renowned enough to be referred to as the list, not have any names on it prior to myself?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Anything important moves, look at the eyes, they're almost always animated. The backdrops are a stylized methods of showcasing that everything around Holo and Lawrence is meaningless, it's not that they're lazy, it's that to spend time on something not Holo or Lawrence would be disrespectful and wasteful. Be thankful you even got backgrounds and shit.
This is a pretty silly excuse; lots of old american films like billy wilder for example, have no crazy camera angles or stylized shots and consist entirely of people talking, and the direction of them isn't as lazy as the average s&w episode. Don't get me wrong, i do like spice and wolf quite a bit, but jexhius is totally on the mark with his earlier comment.
Even episode 10 of Penguindrum is better than any spice and wolf episode. :3
I dunno about that, but i certainly get similar feelings from the average s&w episode i watch that i got from penguin drum episode 10.:3

mAcOdIn

Lafiel said:
This is a pretty silly excuse; lots of old american films like billy wilder for example, have no crazy camera angles or stylized shots and consist entirely of people talking, and the direction of them isn't as lazy as the average s&w episode. Don't get me wrong, i do like spice and wolf quite a bit, but jexhius is totally on the mark with his earlier comment.
I don't know who or what Billy Wilder is but is he Holo or Lawrence? I rest my case.

trejo

mAcOdIn said:
Well that's not really a list then. How can a supposed important list, renowned enough to be referred to as the list, not have any names on it prior to myself?
It's a short list.

Gintama 202-203

Wow, what an amazing return. I would not be disappointed if this is what I came back to after waiting a whole year. A perfect parody of Shounen timeskips. And in typical Gintama fashion, they try to sneak an aesop in there about growing up and stuff like that... before
it's revealed to be warts.

Also, I have no idea why, but the line "So how does it feel to go from living on the street to cutting your hair" cracks me up :lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
trejo said:
It's a short list.

I didn't know you felt that way about me.

L884u.gif

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
mAcOdIn said:
I don't know who or what Billy Wilder is but is he Holo or Lawrence? I rest my case.
Come on bro, you don't know what one of the greatest american directors is? pfft
the apartment >>>>>> any s&w episode

Uchip

Banned
Lafiel said:
Come on bro, you don't know what one of the greatest american directors is? pfft

This is coming from the guy who claims that steins gate sucks before watching it
and that 1 episode of blood-c is better than all of blood+ combined

just goes to show that you cant trust people that have been regulars of systemwars and gamespot for years!

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:

Are we now comparing movies to TV shows?

Can I also go, Romeo & Juliet (Globe Theater Edition) >>>> The Apartment?

Squid Girl 1

Aside from Squid Girl's squidding incompetence, this show was squidly dull. Don't think I'll be checking out the second squid.

... Or that's what I would have said before
Chizuru opened her eyes
. It'd be worth sticking around for more of that squid.

Uchip

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Just wondering but how far along are you on Blood-c?

im up to date
its funny that Lafiel hyped it up to be genuinely great
but it turned out to be a terrible accident that you cant look away from

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Uchip said:
im up to date
its funny that Lafiel hyped it up to be genuinely great
but it turned out to be a terrible accident that you cant look away from

Hah I missed out on this :(

Honestly don't regret my time with Blood-c. The way the show completely falls on its face and the way it went about itself at the end made it all worth it.

Blood+'s soundtrack destroys everything about Blood-c.

Just like Inception >>> Paprika.

Uchip

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Blood+'s soundtrack destroys everything about Blood-c.

lafiel only watched the first few episodes as usual though
its not even just the soundtrack, it actually had some semblance of character and plot
,a few action scenes that were great, actual villains, and most of all Haji!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom