• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Fate/Zero episode 9 was kind of boring.

I also thought it was total bullshit that
Kayneth survived that. The 1st gunshot wound was treated like a real gunshot wound. It hit his shoulder, but still was incredibly serious with all the blood loss that followed. Then he coughs up what appears to be a gallon of blood and survives because of a "miracle"??? FUCK THAT!

What? I don't think you understand what really happened... :(

NewFresh

They make a lot of terrible series. And by terrible I mean down right awful and unwatchable.

They gave me Higurashi though so I can't complain too much. The only other DEEN series I've liked since was Giant Killing. But that was great, shame nobody actually bought it :(

I could never trust a masked man. Besides, DEEN made Ranma 1/2 so they will always be ok in my book.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama 236:

You know, I was amazed that after all this time, the sad piano theme and the denouement harmonica theme still got to me... then I was thinking that this episode would be amazing if it was yet another
elaborate troll
. I laughed when it turned out to be true. Ahh, amazing how this show can just do that to you - especially since you just never know when it is being serious and when it is having fun.

Fate/Zero episode 9 was kind of boring.

I also thought it was total bullshit that
Kayneth survived that. The 1st gunshot wound was treated like a real gunshot wound. It hit his shoulder, but still was incredibly serious with all the blood loss that followed. Then he coughs up what appears to be a gallon of blood and survives because of a "miracle"??? FUCK THAT!

I thought it was supposed to be more around his magical circuits then physical damage which can easily be healed by all the healers. His wife seems like a powerful healer and mage

I thought it was supposed to be more around his magical circuits then physical damage which can easily be healed by all the healers. His wife seems like a powerful healer and mage

Except his
wife even said he would never be able to do magic again, and that the only reason he was still alive was because of a miracle.

And he still
lost way too much blood than a human would be able to endure. He should have died before Lancer even arrived.

duckroll

Enlighten me.

Kayneth is alive because Lancer got to him and brought him back to Sola-Ui before Kiritsugu could pump a ton of bullets into his comatose body. There's no "miracle" or anything. He was healed physically by Sola-Ui, just like Maiya is being healed by Iri. Kiritsugu's magic bullet does extensive and irreversible damage to a mage's magical circuits which runs through their entire bodies. The physical damage he suffered was all internal, because his magical circuits were all severed and rearranged incorrectly. It isn't enough to automatically kill a person, but since they're basically comatose after that, Kiritsugu can easily finish them off when they're unconscious. Kayneth was rescued, so he's still alive. But he will never use magic ever again. He probably can't even walk right now.

I think your confusion is that you are taking a common expression way too literally. "It's a miracle that you didn't die" is just a way of saying "you're lucky you survived that". :p

Kayneth is alive because Lancer got to him and brought him back to Sola-Ui before Kiritsugu could pump a ton of bullets into his comatose body. There's no "miracle" or anything. He was healed physically by Sola-Ui, just like Maiya is being healed by Iri. Kiritsugu's magic bullet does extensive and irreversible damage to a mage's magical circuits which runs through their entire bodies. The physical damage he suffered was all internal, because his magical circuits were all severed and rearranged incorrectly. It isn't enough to automatically kill a person, but since they're basically comatose after that, Kiritsugu can easily finish them off when they're unconscious. Kayneth was rescued, so he's still alive. But he will never use magic ever again. He probably can't even walk right now.

I think your confusion is that you are taking a common expression way too literally. "It's a miracle that you didn't die" is just a way of saying "you're lucky you survived that". :p

Makes sense.

jman2050

Ringo isn't exactly an easy character for a first role in voice acting, but Marie Miyake has done an excellent job.

Plus, she looks like Ringo! (sort of)

XAm0d.jpg
beZeSl.jpg

I guess Miyaki voicing Ringo ultimately was DESTINY
YAY

NewFresh

Whatever I declare Penguiondrum to be the Anime of Forever, she starts to annoy me with her stupid antics and he obbsession with stuff that only naive person would bellieve in.

DESTINY.
:(

I will endore anything just to get my dislike towards here tomaximum degree.

I don't want to argue your opinion, since it is perfectly fine to dislike a character. But a large part of Ringo's character is based on juvenile naiveté, this is her appeal (At least to me) and what makes her compelling to watch.

Whatever I declare Penguiondrum to be the Anime of Forever, she starts to annoy me with her stupid antics and he obbsession with stuff that only naive person would bellieve in.

DESTINY.

She has undergone quite a bit of character development.

And like... all the characters in the show believe in destiny.

faridmon

She has undergone quite a bit of character development.

I have to admit tough, that I am lagging behind the show and I have yet to catch up, so my feeling twards Ringo may change, but yeah. I really hated how selfish, ego-centric, naive she was about the whole thing.
I don't want to argue your opinion, since it is perfectly fine to dislike a character. But a large part of Ringo's character is based on juvenile naiveté, this is her appeal (At least to me) and what makes her compelling to watch.

Someones trash is another persons treasure, I guess.

for the reasons you have stated and more is why I really dislike Ringo. Poeple hate Ano Hana because of the charcters but I find Ringo more annoying than all of those people in that show.

wsippel

Banned
Freezing 1

Surprisingly, fanservice and gore don't go along very well - at all. Maybe because it's gore of the unfunny variety, or maybe because it's usually the fanservice characters getting ripped to shreds. Dunno.

BluWacky

Not strictly speaking true. Kanba outright states that he doesn't know if there is such a thing as fate, only that he hates the idea of it, and Shoma says the same thing for different reasons. Sanetoshi asks them outright if they believe in fate, after all.

Kanba hates fate because
he thinks it means that either he is doomed not to have Himari or that he will become inhuman as a result of it. However, he wants to ask "God", whoever that may be, if everything really IS pre-destined - rather than believing in it outright.
. Shoma, however,
doesn't really say if he believes in fate or not. What he DOES say is that IF fate exists then it's very cruel that the Takakura family has been pre-destined to be in the shitter.

Articalys

The truth behind Squid Girl, from the creator himself.
Masahiro Anbe, who created the hit manga "Shinryaku!? Ika Musume" (Invasion!? Squid Girl), got the inspiration for his protagonist from an unlikely source--from a seafood dinner.

But why did he make Squid Girl an invader who is trying to conquer the human race?

"I really hate littering, so (I thought) this character would definitely be angry at humans for all their illegal dumping in the ocean," Anbe said in an interview.

Akita Publishing Co. has published the original "Shinryaku!? Ika Musume" story as a manga since 2007 in Shukan Shonen Champion (Weekly Champion) magazine.

Anbe said he thought up the character when he took a trip to Izu with some friends, where he drew a personification of the seafood provided at their inn.

Squid Girl's cute design has been a reason for her popularity. Anbe gave her her distinctive appearance by making her head look as if she's wearing a hat resembling the pointed end of a squid's body, along with the ends of her tentacles shaped to look like hair.

However, Squid Girl's invasion of the human race does not go as she planned.

"From the start she was a cute and innocent character, so it seemed more appropriate for her invasion to not work out," he said.

Articalys

Well, I just learned I unnecessarily spent about $40 more than I needed too on a few things due to an inability to be patient, and all I got out of it extra was a collectible box and coin. That's what I get for not anticipating price drops and RightStuf having a Black Friday sale, I guess. Lesson learned.

... on that note, I remember people talking about RahXephon a while back; is $20 good for the whole series+movie?

Jex

Well, I just learned I unnecessarily spent about $40 more than I needed too on a few things due to an inability to be patient, and all I got out of it extra was a collectible box and coin. That's what I get for not anticipating price drops and RightStuf having a Black Friday sale, I guess. Lesson learned.

... on that note, I remember people talking about RahXephon a while back; is $20 good for the whole series+movie?
Yes, that's a pretty good price for any half decent anime series, and RahXephon is a whole 26 episodes long.

7Th

Wait for the BDs.

Dresden

It's more like you're buying the whole series and the movie is just there like a free AOL disc.

Jex

It's more like you're buying the whole series and the movie is just there like a free AOL disc.

Yes, this is why I didn't mention the movie earlier. It's a post-modernist work in the vein of Eureka 7: Pocket full of Rainbows.

Squid Girl 8

okqtC.gif

Okay, the first part was a little weak but, my squid, Sanae was brillant today! And next week will be so fantastic with three of the best chapters of the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom