• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Minsc-

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 1-50

The Zeta Gundam drinking game rules:

1) When ever a female character says Kamille take a swig.
2) When ever Fa says Kamille take two.

Bonus round: When ever someone gets punched or slapped in the face take three.

All in all the show is Gundam so one should know what to expect. I wouldn't say it was really any better or worse than the current Gundam series. It was interesting to see where SEED borrowed many of it's plot developments from.

Now, I can't finish talking about Zeta Gundam without mentioning the engrish. This show has to have had some of the best/worst use of engrish I've seen used to date. "DANGAR" and "the letter" were hilarious.

I know people warn against it, however I'm tempted to watch ZZ Gundam. But first I have the stronger urge to rewatch Gundam Wing. It's been over a decade since I saw that show on TV (kind of hard to believe).

On a completely unrelated note, this just popped in to my head yesterday. Who agrees it's not a good idea to watch Texhnolyze while depressed? I can't see it being good for the persons mental health. Regardless who you are, Usagi Drop should be watched following Texhnolyze to restore a persons faith in humanity.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Another terrible work night fellas. I need an extra heavy dose of cute.

◕‿‿◕

boIhrl.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Does anyone else find doomed's analysis of penguin drum and each of its episodes to be a bit off compared to their own experiences? I know I do. It's like he's viewing it through a completely different perspective.

If you mean how he generally dislikes it then no. I dropped the show more than a month ago, it is fabulous max in just how boring it is. The most disappointing show of the year for me. Ikuhara betrayed me.

Uchip

Banned
If you mean how he generally dislikes it then no. I dropped the show more than a month ago, it is fabulous max in just how boring it is. The most disappointing show of the year for me. Ikuhara betrayed me.

really?
i wasnt too big on it, but the recent episodes are interesting

Cwarrior

Rurouni Kenshin ep7

Now that fight with hipno swordsman was just lame....so lame *smh*.

Karou just had to break out of that paralyze move at the last second stopping kenshin from killing and reverting to his oldself. You know that lame ass shit was coming the moment he said “one way to break it is to overpower my swordsman spirit”.

Just to make it more lame they pulled that crap with the bad guy killing himself for some nonsensical reason.

I can't believe Oda was once this guy's assistant.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ika Musume S2 07-08: Golden Axe love! :3 I was a little freaked when she had amnesia, tried to remove the cap, and a little ink bled out. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! DON'T DO IT!!!" Though it was funny that Cindy and Sanae both tried and failed to take advantage of her temp amnesia. XD I also liked the Invasion Club and the whole business with the burglar, but Sanae, you are SUCH a stalker. She's going to go borderline Yandare, you just watch!

And yes, I totally sympathize with the whole trying not to eat something and suddenly it's EVERYWHERE!! Like when I tried to quit having a morning bagel to cut back on carbs, only to have my manager show up the next day with a big bag-o-bagels to show appreciation and stuff. Everyone was eating them, no matter how I tried to ignore it. It was a rough day. ;_;

Okay, Anime-folks. I'm watching Death Note and so far it's one of the best things I've ever seen

So...anyone have any recommendations for other shows I should watch? I'm pretty open to anything, theme-wise, as long as it does the same thing of having a good twisty story that keeps me interested and guessing.

With Death Note basically my only experience with anime series (Watched a few full length movies here and there), I'll consider anything you throw at me.

NewFresh

Okay, Anime-folks. I'm watching Death Note and so far it's one of the best things I've ever seen

So...anyone have any recommendations for other shows I should watch? I'm pretty open to anything, theme-wise, as long as it does the same thing of having a good twisty story that keeps me interested and guessing.

With Death Note basically my only experience with anime series (Watched a few full length movies here and there), I'll consider anything you throw at me.

You are going to looooove Code Geass, I guarantee it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I got myself a Cowboy Bebop complete set.
Its my first anime series ever.

Any other cool shows on DVD for a newbie like me?

Samurai Champloo. Get the DVD and not the terrible Blu-Ray.

Code Geass. It's like Death Note except actually amazing.

Leezard

Code Geass is a bit like Death Note but with robots. I really enjoyed it.

trejo

Allow me to reiterate that Code Geass is what you need.

Also, obligatory School Days recommendation.

Urasawa's - Monster.

iavi

Working'!! 10

This ep is kind of amazing, if only for the fact that it manages to take last season~ish material involving Takanashi & Inami and, this time around, actually make it an enjoyable watch. Fun stuff all around, really. Souma doesn't even need to say a word to, as usual, take the award for funniest character in the show. The scene where
Kyouko's detailing why Inami went home, and Souma just turns around with this jester ass grin killed me. KILLED ME.

I'm going to hate it when this show ends.

Instro

Working'!! 10

This ep is kind of amazing, if only for the fact that it manages to take last season~ish material involving Takanashi & Inami and, this time around, actually make it an enjoyable watch. Fun stuff all around, really. Souma doesn't even need to say a word to, as usual, take the award for funniest character in the show. The scene where
Kyouko's detailing why Inami went home, and Souma just turns around with this jester ass grin killed me. KILLED ME.

I'm going to hate it when this show ends.

The was the best scene of the episode, the explanation and then Souma's face was just perfect.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
And both shows take a hit during season 2!

Speaking of which, which show has the more unrealistically intelligent character with unrealistic prediction abilities?

Light was a baka. Lulu was the man. Although not really much of a man.

And I hold R2 in a better light now after the fact. I think the one thing that everyone has learned the past few years is that there is only one Code Geass and there will always only be one Code Geass. All the imitators have failed miserably, Geass was like lightning in a bottle. Never again in my lifetime will I get to experience the same joy, the same sheer euphoria that was Geass ever again.

NewFresh

And both shows take a hit during season 2!

Speaking of which, which show has the more unrealistically intelligent character with unrealistic prediction abilities?

I knew you were going to say that.
I'll have you know CG is worth watching for the second
insane
season.

Light was a baka. Lulu was the man. Although not really much of a man.

And I hold R2 in a better light now after the fact. I think the one thing that everyone has learned the past few years is that there is only one Code Geass and there will always only be one Code Geass. All the imitators have failed miserably, Geass was like lightning in a bottle. Never again in my lifetime will I get to experience the same joy, the same sheer euphoria that was Geass ever again.

Don't get me wrong, I love both shows. But both had a superior 1st season.

Casshern Sins 10-12

The pre-OP sequences are getting even more enigmatic.

Although I've enjoyed these episodic stories of Casshern wandering through a decaying world and the fragile lives of those who still exist in it, I'm glad that next episode will be giving us more of an insight into the overarching plot and Casshern's past.

Reborn 126

I dont understand the setup of the episodes. Its litrally only 12 minutes or less of actual new material. 5 minutes of recap of the entire arc, credits at the 16 minute mark, then the remaining time for Haru Haru's dangerous interview. I hope they include more content in the future episodes.

Oh the anime makes Haru and Kyouko even more pointless than the manga, all they do is cook and babysit :(

Watch Monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom