• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we bring back darkside's classic avatar?

8nZEU.jpg

?

Jex

[Fate/Zero 9]

That was a thoroughly okay episode. This show is keeping pretty consistent. I still don't care about anyone besides Rider/Waver though. That's not to say the supporting cast is terrible, because it's not, but they don't really interest me.

Branduil

[Fate/Zero 9]

That was a thoroughly okay episode. This show is keeping pretty consistent. I still don't care about anyone besides Rider/Waver though. That's not to say the supporting cast is terrible, because it's not, but they don't really interest me.

I give this post five mehs out of ten.

Ezalc

I'd keep my expectations in check if I were you, lest we forget the fiasco that the previous ninja tits turned out to be.

Damn that's true. Last Ninja tits was pretty terrible, at least there's always ninja tits in Queen's Blade.

Jex

Yes, that post does suffer from an excess of neutraility. C'mon Jex.

That's really how I feel about the show! It's well executed and pleasant to watch, but I don't really get excited about it airing, or feel the urge to discuss it in any kind of detail. You could say that it fails to move me.

Ezalc

What's with Japan and flip phones? What about slide phones or touchscreen phones? I don't get it man. Wouldn't flip phones be harder to type in? I mean considering the thousands of characters that exist in the Japanese alphabet?

sonicmj1

What's with Japan and flip phones? What about slide phones or touchscreen phones? I don't get it man. Wouldn't flip phones be harder to type in? I mean considering the thousands of characters that exist in the Japanese alphabet?

You type in hiragana in the same way you'd get English letters on a flip phone, predictive software makes guesses as to what characters you actually want, and then you fix it. Same with typing Japanese on a computer.

Ezalc

You type in hiragana in the same way you'd get English letters on a flip phone, predictive software makes guesses as to what characters you actually want, and then you fix it. Same with typing Japanese on a computer.

Still though why flip phones? Why not something else? I don't understand it man.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Still though why flip phones? Why not something else? I don't understand it man.
Because phones have been a focus of Japanese electronics for some time. Back before the iPhone, we had to look overseas with envy because they were so much more advanced.

Dresden

Tastes, differing, culture, region, country, etc, probably.

Flip phones were all the rage here (pre-iphone) when kids were whipping around razrs a few years ago.

Flip phones are still popular over there, though smartphones are becoming more and more popular. You can kind of see that with iPhone knockoffs appearing in more and more anime.

sonicmj1

Japanese phones started doing all the shit our phones do now in the "flip phone" era of cell phone design. That's what they're used to.

Other stuff has caught on, but the flip phone is still the basic model.

Ezalc

I still have a flip phone!

I have a shitty slide one.

Japanese phones started doing all the shit our phones do now in the "flip phone" era of cell phone design. That's what they're used to.

Other stuff has caught on, but the flip phone is still the basic model.

Well I know this much, still don't get the whole concentration of flip models specifically. Did the slide ones not have the same features? I just don't get it man.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

So now I can stick it to Nintendo for making the 3DS region-free by just watching the anime? :p

But in seriousness, my favorite era of anime was 90s. Tenchi Muyo, El-Hazard, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Blue Seed, Slayers, Record of Lodoss War OVA, Vision of Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Saber Marionette J, Maho Tsukai Tai, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc.

Those were good times.

cajunator

Banned
So now I can stick it to Nintendo for making the 3DS region-free by just watching the anime? :p

But in seriousness, my favorite era of anime was 90s. Tenchi Muyo, El-Hazard, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Blue Seed, Slayers, Record of Lodoss War OVA, Vision of Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Saber Marionette J, Maho Tsukai Tai, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc.

Those were good times.

Yes. that is exactly what I was thinking of when I mentioned that anime era.
I own most of those shows too. So much greatness.

NewFresh

Those were good times.

You will forever be my nakama.

trejo

That's really how I feel about the show! It's well executed and pleasant to watch, but I don't really get excited about it airing, or feel the urge to discuss it in any kind of detail. You could say that it fails to move me.

What makes a man turn neutral?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom