• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like, 2 maybe 3 notches above Beast Wars at times. Hell, during some of the transformations you just have to laugh at the guys because they're like "lol fuck it, throw in more lasers and no one will notice" and have shit detach or disappear altogether. The animations are oblivion-esque too. The dogfights though... The dropoff is pretty much equal to Avatar and M. Night Shayamalan's Avatar.

HOLY SHIT :O

Results are in for the first half of round 1 of the ISML Male Tournament. Too many matches to post 'em all, so for now here's the top three vote-getters:

1) Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate no Gotoku!) - 3795
2) Kyōya Hibari (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!) - 3544
3) Hideyoshi Kinoshita (Baka to Test to Shōkanjū) - 3490

And the two exhibition women's matches, just because. How Iri lost to Ilya even with Fate/zero currently airing is beyond my understanding.

35iej.png

Iris seems to not be loli enough.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A retard, a fujioshi bait, and a trap?

Is this really a male tournament?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Usagi Drop is not until March or so. I'm buying the Blu Ray at the very least.

Paradise Kiss has some big name actors in it at least. Worst case, I'll just stare at Kitagawa Keiko (Sailor Mars!) for 2 hours.
But she's not 10! :(

Results are in for the first half of round 1 of the ISML Male Tournament. Too many matches to post 'em all, so for now here's the top three vote-getters:

1) Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate no Gotoku!) - 3795
2) Kyōya Hibari (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!) - 3544
3) Hideyoshi Kinoshita (Baka to Test to Shōkanjū) - 3490

And the two exhibition women's matches, just because. How Iri lost to Ilya even with Fate/zero currently airing is beyond my understanding.

http://i.imgur.com/35iej.png
Hideyoshi?!

Dresden

basically:

Bros and trap lovers voted for: 1) Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate no Gotoku!) - 3795
Girls voted for: 2) Kyōya Hibari (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!) - 3544
Trap lovers voted for: 3) Hideyoshi Kinoshita (Baka to Test to Shōkanjū) - 3490

Now that you're done of the first series I recommend you take a break before moving on to Gintama'.

That's the plan. Going to hit up some shorter shows. Speaking of:

Casshern Sins - Fin

I didn't end up liking this show as much as I thought I would. The art and animation is consistently excellent; the action scenes were a joy to behold. The character designs are noteworthy for being an effective modernization of the classic 70s designs of the original Casshern.

However, the writing and overall structure of the narrative are problematic. The dialogue is quite repetitive and seems to think it's saying something deep when it's just spouting empty platitudes much of the time. Some of the episodic stories in the first half were effective, but the overall plot was as aimless as Casshern's wandering. There were big themes of life and death at play, but the writers weren't confident enough to make what they wanted to say about them clear. Still, even if only to see the amazing visual artistry on display, it's a show worth watching.

Horizon 10

Now THIS is how you do a war arc. The state of progression is fantastic so far (of course it has just started, so plenty of opportunities to fuck it up). The witches vs God of War was really good. Dat beam chasing.

Also, poor Adele, :lol.

Some of the male vs for the next one are so random and unfair, TK (AB) v Luffy v Simon (TTGL), Lockon v Lelouch v Syaoran?!Accelerator v Himura K v Ulquiorra?

How did Hitsugaya lose, could have thought he was fan favorite before.

iavi

Gintama 237

From the " whole lot of indecent expose sliding down the slope" to Katsura's appearance, that whole boarding sequence was god-tier funny stuff. I'm also surprised to see them spreading the shogun over a couple eps. This is the first time, I think?

Defuser

Gintama 237

From the " whole lot of indecent expose sliding down the slope" to Katsura's appearance, that whole boarding sequence was god-tier funny stuff. I'm also surprised to see them spreading the shogun over a couple eps. This is the first time, I think?

Who cares man,shogun makes everything better.

Lain

Heidi 11-12

No one can win against Heidi, not even hunter with shotguns. At the same time, it's touching that Heidi can be concerned about the safety of assholes like them.
I don't blame Heidi's grandfather from disliking all the city/village people, they always act in such an unpleasant way (hunters in episode 11, the village kids in episode 12).
Also, between Heidi and Peter, you'd think Heidi is the older one instead of Peter.

Erigu

I don't understand why they shortened it like that, at least with Bokutomo I can at least match Boku and Tomodachi because the title practically begins with those words and wouldn't think it as something completely different like I just did with Haganai to this point
"Haganai" is what you get when you remove all the kanji from the title and only hiragana are left. So it doesn't make much sense unless you read the thing in the original Japanese.

Hunter x Hunter - 10
POLT HOOOOOOLE
Prisoner #3 said he surrendered before Kurapurika smashed his head in, in the episode previous.
I understand what angle they were trying to do that scene for, but it comes off wrong.
He hadn't quite ended his sentence, in Japanese.

wonzo

Banned
Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

jKpoF.jpg

Wow, it's the spiritual sequel to Ponyo that absolutely nobody asked for. Fantastic visuals overshadowed by an uneasy sense of hollowness. What the hell was Shinkai thinking when he wrote this dumb piece of shit :/

Place Promised > 5cm > A Gathering of Cats > Voices > She and her Cat >>>>>>> Shinkai Who Chase Lost Talent

Faithless

Chihaya 10

You guys, I read this thread every day, and I've never posted. I just want to say that despite the fact that I don't care about Kurata, the flawless direction in this show makes it powerful. I look forward to it every week.

Yes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chihaya 10

You guys, I read this thread every day, and I've never posted. I just want to say that despite the fact that I don't care about Kurata, the flawless direction in this show makes it powerful. I look forward to it every week.

Yes.
The real question is - Team Winning (Arata) or Team Fail (Taichi)?

Dresden

Chihaya 10

Yes.
I'm sure that, as a man of reason, you are Team Taichi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom