• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

Watching IS for the mechs is like playing CoD for the story.

CoD has a story?

I hate that I'd managed to abstain from subjecting myself to IS during its regular run but then I ended up watching all of it anyway.

And by hate I mean love. Bring on season 2! More white girls for Ichika!

Ezalc

kuronoiede.jpg

You're trying to trick me! Would the mirrored ver.2.31 work: http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/2479/steinsgate18screwyoualz.jpg ?

Hahahaha that's great.

Jex

Some would say simply due to it being done by Studio Deen, and others say they dropped the ball in its adapting, as while it pretty much grounded itself in one route of the visual novel, it did try to shoehorn bits from the other two routes.
People should really specify that they mean 'modern' Studio DEEN when they go on a DEEN bashing rant.

cajunator

Banned
Before I came on this forum I enjoyed Fate Stay night and I actually didn't know anyone who hated it.
Now I can identify many, many who hate it...but I still love it.

Gintamen

Before I came on this forum I enjoyed Fate Stay night and I actually didn't know anyone who hated it.
Now I can identify many, many who hate it...but I still love it.
Never got into the Type-Moon hype, but maybe they just thought they loved it, wearing certain glasses.

Are Steins;Sub's that much better?

cajunator

Banned
Never got into the Type-Moon hype, but maybe they just thought they loved it, wearing certain glasses.

Are Steins;Sub's that much better?

if by that you mean anime-fan glasses in general. I honestly didn't see what was so wrong with FSN. I enjoyed it a lot, definitely helped by the HNNNGH factor of Rin and Saber (and Rider)

Branduil

I think it's more likely that people don't even know what DEEN used to make 'back in the day'. Then again, many anime fans think an 'old show' is something before the year 2000.

Yeah but anime from that era are so ugly why would you ever watch one? You couldn't make anime like this before 2000:

composition.jpg

survivor

Banned
I think it's more likely that people don't even know what DEEN used to make 'back in the day'. Then again, many anime fans think an 'old show' is something before the year 2000.

This is exactly what my friend thinks. Every time I recommend him a pre-2000 anime, he just says "it's ugly shit not gonna watch it.

Gintamen

This is exactly what my friend thinks. Every time I recommend him a pre-2000 anime, he just says "it's ugly shit not gonna watch it.
More like it's so beautiful I'm gonna watch it right now! When anime were still "drawn" ahhh, I need to watch Patlabor again.

cajunator

Banned
It is pretty old. It's not super old yet though.
My favorite anime era was the late 80's-90s personally.
Right around the time of Goldenboy, Nuku Nuku, Burn Up W, and Iria. Stuff like that.

survivor

Banned
I don't think I'm able to spot the CG as good as you guys in modern anime. I was watching Eden of the East yesterday and the only time I was able to spot something out of place was during moving cars scenes.

Branduil

First FMA was classic up until
after Scar dies.
It really fell apart quite badly after that, culminating in the horrendous ending and movie.

cajunator

Banned
The stats on my MAL will be interesting no doubt.
I will probably inadvertently end up breaking every one of the elitist club rules for entry.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

You got good friends.

DEEN still makes good stuff once in a while. Shame Giant Killing mega bomba'd, would have loved a S2.

That was uh probably the last DEEN series I liked since 2007 or so.

First FMA series was great until it wasn't. God awful once it started going downhill.

Jex

I don't think I'm able to spot the CG as good as you guys in modern anime. I was watching Eden of the East yesterday and the only time I was able to spot something out of place was during moving cars scenes.

Well apart from the cars, the crowds and all the textures (doors, floors, walls) it looked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom