• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Semi off-topic - AnimeGAF MK7 group code - 28-9303-0007-2562.
Let the blue shells rain!

Would totally join this if I had a 3ds and mk7. Still holding out for my Luigi green version or redesign. Or at least until Paper Mario and FE are released stateside.

[Fate/Zero 9]

That was a thoroughly okay episode. This show is keeping pretty consistent. I still don't care about anyone besides Rider/Waver though. That's not to say the supporting cast is terrible, because it's not, but they don't really interest me.

Jexhius is such a kuudere.

Come on bro, let your dere dere out!

Ezalc

This.

Mobile Suit Gundam Dub 5

That lieutenant sounds like a dick. Gotta hand it to Bright for not telling him to go choke on a Zaku's nuts. I'm glad that Amuro keeps referring to the Gundam's manual, it makes him piloting it at least somewhat believable instead of the tired trope of lololololol natural talent.

Lain

Heidi 10

I'll never get enough of seeing Heidi go from a happy face to crying her heart out to being pushy to being happy again. Her emotions change so damn fast that you can really feel her love for everything, for being alive.
It's also because of her energy and good heart, that she can even get her grandfather to do whatever she asks of him
like going and fix the house of Peter's grandmother

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Speaking of aerial combat, are there any shows that stand out for doing it well?

Sky Crawlers and Macross Zero melted my pants off at somewhere near 120 EFUs

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yes. that is exactly what I was thinking of when I mentioned that anime era.
I own most of those shows too. So much greatness.

As do I. I remember when I thought video couldn't possibly get better than DVD! XD I believe Captain Tylor recently came out on Blu-Ray in Japan, crossing my fingers that comes here.

You will forever be my nakama.

Why thank you! Happy to be a nakama to anyone on AnimeGAF. ^_^

S. L.

dsc_0326e1jd6.jpg

it arrived!!! :D :D :D
time to undust my laserdisc player
I'm SUPER EXCITED!

Dynedom

Flying half way around the world WOULD make me miss a lot on AnimeGAF. It lost like 2 days which is like 2 weeks in any other thread. =(

Gonna have to catch up.

DY_nasty

Macross Plus if you havent seen it already.

That was pretty good too. It was such a disappointment when I saw that Frontier's aerial stuff was so bad.... Almost everything about Frontier's look was bad, but I was hoping that if they were going to use those ugly ass CG ships they'd at least make them move properly.

That was pretty good too. It was such a disappointment when I saw that Frontier's aerial stuff was so bad.... Almost everything about Frontier's look was bad, but I was hoping that if they were going to use those ugly ass CG ships they'd at least make them move properly.

They look worse than Macross Zero's?

Gintama 201

You can tell Japan doesn't know how America works when they have a snowy landscape in "Texas".

So with this amusing as always episode, filled with the spirit of Santa, I have finally finished pre-hiatus Gintama. Thank goodness it came back; I would be sad if this was it.

DY_nasty

They look worse than Macross Zero's?

Its like, 2 maybe 3 notches above Beast Wars at times. Hell, during some of the transformations you just have to laugh at the guys because they're like "lol fuck it, throw in more lasers and no one will notice" and have shit detach or disappear altogether. The animations are oblivion-esque too. The dogfights though... The dropoff is pretty much equal to Avatar and M. Night Shayamalan's Avatar.

zeroshiki

Frankenstick awaits!

Oh yeah, I figure I'd ask you here - have you seen the Paradise Kiss or High School Debut movies?

You weren't around when I was freaking out about High School Debut in the IRC?

Holy god, was it awful. Not in the so awful its good category but just outright awful. I probably spend more for lunch than the production spent on everything in that movie. The acting was terrible, the script made no sense, it was really REALLY pink and the sets make the whole thing look like a sitcom. Which would have been ok if the movie was the least bit funny. The characters were bad bad bad and I wanted to strangle all of them.

Paradise Kiss looks higher budget and I plan on watching it soon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You weren't around when I was freaking out about High School Debut in the IRC?

Holy god, was it awful. Not in the so awful its good category but just outright awful. I probably spend more for lunch than the production spent on everything in that movie. The acting was terrible, the script made no sense, it was really REALLY pink and the sets make the whole thing look like a sitcom. Which would have been ok if the movie was the least bit funny. The characters were bad bad bad and I wanted to strangle all of them.

Paradise Kiss looks higher budget and I plan on watching it soon.
It's no MariMite then! I'll let you suffer (?) through ParaKiss first before diving in.

Still no Usadrop on disc though. I need something with 3d Asians to watch soon.

Ezalc

Mobile Suit Gundam Dub 6

Amuro is the one being a dick this episode, what's wrong with him? I'm glad Bright was able to make the lieutenant look like a bitch. Also Dat Char devilish look *swoooon*.

zeroshiki

It's no MariMite then! I'll let you suffer (?) through ParaKiss first before diving in.

Still no Usadrop on disc though. I need something with 3d Asians to watch soon.

Usagi Drop is not until March or so. I'm buying the Blu Ray at the very least.

Paradise Kiss has some big name actors in it at least. Worst case, I'll just stare at Kitagawa Keiko (Sailor Mars!) for 2 hours.

Fist of the North Star 5

Looks like they're toning down the censorship as there were some visible entrails even if it was only for a few frames. Good to know.

Articalys

Results are in for the first half of round 1 of the ISML Male Tournament. Too many matches to post 'em all, so for now here's the top three vote-getters:

1) Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate no Gotoku!) - 3795
2) Kyōya Hibari (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!) - 3544
3) Hideyoshi Kinoshita (Baka to Test to Shōkanjū) - 3490

And the two exhibition women's matches, just because. How Iri lost to Ilya even with Fate/zero currently airing is beyond my understanding.

35iej.png

Ezalc

Mobile Suit Gundam Dub 7
Well it seems like the people on the show are playing a game of Hot Dick considering every episode somebody else seems to start being an asshole. Bright punch should have happened sooner. I don't understand why Char said how they could fight against the Gundam considering he was kicking Amuro's ass.

7Th

Results are in for the first half of round 1 of the ISML Male Tournament. Too many matches to post 'em all, so for now here's the top three vote-getters:

1) Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate no Gotoku!) - 3795
2) Kyōya Hibari (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!) - 3544
3) Hideyoshi Kinoshita (Baka to Test to Shōkanjū) - 3490

And the two exhibition women's matches, just because. How Iri lost to Ilya even with Fate/zero currently airing is beyond my understanding.

35iej.png

Really? The only FZ-exclusive characters that can compete in popularity with FSN characters are
Waver and Rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom