• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

That remeber me how I would love an anime about a trading card or arcade game with a real world setting with tournaments and stuff without crazy phantasy background story.

I wouldn't mind a subdued Yugi-Oh or Magic the Gathering anime. Even without the fantasy there's still the friendships/rivalries made, traveling to tourneys, shady traders, and plenty of other fodder to create the conflict and drama for a story.

survivor

Banned
That remeber me how I would love an anime about a trading card or arcade game with a real world setting with tournaments and stuff without crazy phantasy background story.

maybe like Chihayafuru but with a good and interesting game. The Haruhi episode "The Day of Sagittarius" was pretty good!

Duel Masters? Unless hilariously bad dubs aren't your thing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

maybe like Chihayafuru but with a good and interesting game. The Haruhi episode "The Day of Sagittarius" was pretty good!

It's a shame Angelic Layer sucked :(

Would love a good series like the one you described.

Not really trading card or arcade games but Hikaru no Go is the best "tournament"ish series.

Spice and Wolf II 1

Changing the studio to Brain's Base hasn't changed the low-budget nature of the show (though there seems to be a modicum more visual interest this time around), but fortunately it hasn't changed the delightful banter between Lawrence and Holo either. I'm set for another season of economics and wolf gods!

Uchip

Banned
Saving people the trouble of watching the actual episode:

BNBzcl.jpg

those are some sexy monitors

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Telling bad ghost stories won't make you friends 10:

Excalibur!! *ahem* Yozora bulling Sena is getting really old, but at least Sena finally resisted a bit, even if it involved convenient sun-rays to make it TV appropriate. :p Rika continues to be awesome, but apparently way too easy for Kodaka's taste. He really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth like that. Well, unless Yozora's wearing it, then he can burn it.

When I first started watching this show, I didn't like Sena a lot. Sure she was MUCH better than Yozora, but that wasn't saying much. But she's getting cuter by the episode, and unlike Yozora is at least attempting to make friends. She'd probably be my favorite character if there wasn't so much emphasis on her Hitomi Tanaka-sized melons.

I still hold that this show would be much better without the goth loli imouto and loli nun. They take an already pandering show and just make it worse by their mere presence. >>;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bokutomo 10

Excalibur indeed.
ALReNl.jpg

Her train story reminded me of that paper where girls were describing the moe of cars. Are the cars dominating the roads by being on top of them? Or are the roads dominating the cars by being bumpy and full of hazards?

A fujyoshi's heart is very complicated.

Also, Yozora is worse than Taichi and Kirino combined.

Ezalc

Mobile Suit Gundam Dub 9

Finally got to see that Bright slap. I can kind of see Amuro's side seeing that he must be exhausted from constantly fighting but it's true that considering he's the only one that can operate the gundam they have no choice. That captain Garma is so weird, not to mention that he's blaming the engineer for there being dust on the ship. Char continues being a dick, don't really understand why he wants this guy dead or humiliated did Garma do something to him in the past? The best part about this episode beside Bright's slap was how Amuro got turned on by that female lieutenant, didn't expect the narrator to talk about it at all. Poor Fraw Bo, Amuro likes the superior blonde. She'll never have a chance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamayura 10
Gee, I wonder what this week's episode will be about?
47oKLl.jpg

FsUKbl.jpg

:firehawk

Also, they're just doing random Aria-sachou Momoneko cat moe now:
IUOydl.jpg

Ezalc

(WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BIG O HERE SO THE SPOILERS ARE BIG O RELATED)

Isn't it quite specifically a TV show about tomatoes? It's a TV studio at the end, isn't it?

I should rewatch that show some day.

Nope nothing is ever explained. I found a thread on /a/ like a year ago or something that had some people theorizing that it was actually some training camp for cyborgs that would eventually go to war that was stuck in some matrix style loop resetting itself every 40 years. The thread was archived so I can link it if you want, just know that it's 4chan so yeah. It was still an interesting read though the theory sounded a bit far fetched.

Articalys

Guilty Crown 9

A bit of mech action, plus the (not entirely unforseen) revelation/confirmation that Void power is the same as the Apocalypse Virus, or something.

Also I at least like how the show continues to have blatantly fanservicey endcards.

Instro

(WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BIG O HERE SO THE SPOILERS ARE BIG O RELATED)

Isn't it quite specifically a TV show about tomatoes? It's a TV studio at the end, isn't it?

I should rewatch that show some day.

While there is that tv studio hidden in the underground, I dont recall what they said it was for exactly. Regardless the in the final episode or episodes we are shown that the whole city is a complete fake with gears under the water and stage lights far up above the sky. I imagine it could be interpreted as either a TV show or giant stage, or many other ways really(virtual reality simulation that people are hooked into), but either way its pretty clear that it is all some sort of simulated reality

Reborn 136 - 140

The Varia are great especially BelFran. Fran was the perfect addition to Varia, and all of their personalities are even better than in the manga. Shoichi is different than I imagine, acts like an slightly older Tsuna.

Im going to be disappointed if they never show a Future Tsuna from the front or give him a voice...

jman2050

All my friends want to use the bathroom with me 10

Rika is still awesome, Meat is still delicious, and Yozora still has Asperger's. Unfortunately the entire episode had Index around to some degree which on its own brings it down a couple notches.

NewFresh

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Kunzite: The Greatest and Best Ep.22

So Mamoru is the worst liar ever. Either that or Hina is just extremely dense.

The whole school sequence is genius.
Ami has the incredible dark powers and the ability to control peoples minds but the only things she does is go to school and make herself popular....perfect. Usagi should have had no friends to begin with anyway. Figures that only the raw intensity of Dark Mercury (Thanks Pimpzite) could bring out the ultimate power of sailor moon. She now has the ability to repair mittens!!!!!!
Fucking Mittens!!

There should be a tally going of how many times Jaedite is hiding behind pillars talking to himself. I think we are at 6 or 7 by now.

Ending with
Ghost Zoisite
can only mean great things for the next episode.

Infinite Stratos OVA

Looks like we finally have confirmation that Ichikia's romantic density is all an act. The evidence:

NF7C7.jpg

Only a matter of time before he reveals himself as some kind of mastermind of... something. That will lead into a School Days ending and the world will be safe once again!

Also, I was thinking during the clay charades game thing "that's totally a mountain, but that's too predictable so it won't be that". Then it was a mountain :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Infinite Stratos OVA

Looks like we finally have confirmation that Ichikia's romantic density is all an act. The evidence:

http://i.imgur.com/NF7C7.jpg

Only a matter of time before he reveals himself as some kind of mastermind of... something. That will lead into a School Days ending and the world will be safe once again!

Also, I was thinking during the clay charades game thing "that's totally a mountain, but that's too predictable so it won't be that". Then it was a mountain :lol

Naw, the secret is that he's gay.

Also, there was
naked Houki
in that scene for all you Houki lovers. (Why?!)

LordCanti

Penguindrum 22

Still team Kanba. No amount of
crazy shit he does
is going to change my mind. This is a little bit like being team Char.

Dat
scorned lesbian lover
!
Dat
Double-H, finally involved
!
Dat
cliffhanger
!

Ikuhara remains in my mouth.

Random prediction: Takakura parents never really existed at all somehow. Sanetoshi can make them appear at will, so why not? Explains why Shoma was in a random cage, all neglected.

jman2050

Penguins 22

Craziness going down everywhere.
Kanba going full heel, Double-H shows up finally, Himari um... dies? Again?

Also
Masako ;_;

Oh yeah, and
Sanetoshi is trolling the hell out of everyone and doing a fabulous max job of doing so.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mawaru-Penguindrum 22: Episodes like this one are the ones that make me even more unable to understand the tone complaints some people have been throwing around.

Unrelated: I hadn't been able to appreciate just how well the background art is in this show until the segment on the staircase. That whole scene was beautiful even if lacking in some restraint. But again, lol Ikuhara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom