• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Mawaru Penguindrum 22

I am definitely going to want a clear summary of everything after this is all over, if only to see exactly how all the pieces of the puzzle gradually were fit into their places.

Also the earlier reveal of the Triple-H album tracklist means it's no fun anymore to post the ARB songs as their respective covers appeared in the show. All the surprise is gone :(

One other awesome thing that was a nice callback:
Masako's pose against the spotlight was ripped right from the first OP sequence

Jex

Spinning Penguin Drum 22

A solid episode, although I can see why someone (maybe duckroll) might feel that the nature of the scenes (perhaps due to background art in a number of segments being bizarre, fantastical or otherwise disconnected from the norm) made the episode feel surreal and therefore disconnected from the actual, serious, plot events that have been taking place.

It's kind of the opposite of the episode with all grounded, weighty and gritty blocks of flats.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Prinnydrum 22

I think these final episodes will be what convinces me that Pendrum should have been a 1 cour show. A lot of what happened in this episode is just undercut by the middle episodes that lead nowhere.

trejo

Mawaru Penguindrum 22

I probably sound like a broken record at this point but there's no denying the impact the excellent use of music has on my enjoyment of the show. Add to that the lovely backgrounds used throughout the episode and I was mesmerized from start to finish. I have high hopes for the final episodes and am ready for Ikuhara to dislocate my jaw.

cajunator

Banned
I was hanging out with a friend this evening watching some anime (for once).
He mentioned Blood C and asked if I liked the show and I went off on a fanboygasm over the show. I think he liked the show too so thats +1 Clamp-B fan. WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS.

Fuuuuck. The Oreimo box set is sold out!? I'm crushed. :(

This is why I buy so much anime at once and when it is available. Even if I don't watch it now, at least I have it when I want to see it.

Instro

Mashrio 10

looool a curveball in my generic harem.

Main girl is losing, how did that happen.
2 episodes left for a nice boat ending? I hope so.

Dresden

Mashiro-iro Symphony 10

Anime is saved. Delicious, delicious
tsundere tears.
http://i.imgur.com/34YOe.gif

Mashrio 10

looool a curveball in my generic harem.

Main girl is losing, how did that happen.
2 episodes left for a nice boat ending? I hope so.

m1m9Nl.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This is why I buy so much anime at once and when it is available. Even if I don't watch it now, at least I have it when I want to see it.
How many times in your life do you see yourself waking up and having an intense craving for OreImo?

trejo

Un-Go 9

I'm a tad disappointed the little bizarre moments I've come to expect from the show seemed to be mostly absent this time aroud. As is, it felt kind of boring to me,
magical hallucinogenic godesses
and all.

Guilty Crown 9

Wait, was I supposed to care about that character with minimal screentime and a few lines of dialogue? I want to love this show but it keeps making it more and more difficult for me to do so.

Guilty Crown 9

Wait, was I supposed to care about that character with minimal screentime and a few lines of dialogue? I want to love this show but it keeps making it more and more difficult for me to do so.

Why would you want to love it when its done nothing deserving of love?

Thoraxes

Peguindrum book-lesson foreshadowing of the week:

mTOua.png

This week's book is こころ or Kokoro.

The work deals with the transition from the Japanese Meiji society to the modern era, by exploring the friendship between a young man and an older man he calls "Sensei" (or teacher). It continues the theme of isolation developed in Soseki's immediately preceding works, here in the context of interwoven strands of egoism and guilt, as opposed to shame. Other important themes in the novel include the changing times (particularly the modernization of Japan in the Meiji era), the changing roles and ideals of women, and intergenerational change in values, the role of family, the importance of the self versus the group, the cost of weakness, and identity.

In the first part, Sensei and I, the narrator, a guileless university student, befriends an older man, Sensei (most of the characters' real names are not given). Sensei lives as a recluse, interacting only with his wife and the narrator, and occasional unseen visitors, but still maintaining a distance between himself and them. He regularly visits the grave of a friend, but for the moment refuses to tell the narrator any details of his earlier life.

In the second part, My Parents and I, the narrator graduates and returns to his home in the country to await his father's death. As his father lies dying, the narrator receives a letter from Sensei which is recounted in the third part of the novel, Sensei and His Testament. Sensei reveals that in his own university days he was cheated out of most of his fortune by his uncle. As a result he moved to Tokyo and began living with a widow and her daughter, with whom he fell in love. Later he convinced his childhood friend (known only as K), who was in dire straits, to move in with him. Gradually K recovered, but also fell in love with the landlady's daughter.

K confessed this love to Sensei, who was shocked, and later full of jealousy. Sensei then proposed marriage, and shortly after, K committed suicide. Sensei, who had lost his faith in humanity after being cheated by his uncle, was horrified to find the same dark impulses lurking in his own heart, and felt a heavy guilt for the death of his friend. In the present, 1912, Sensei is prompted by the suicide of General Nogi Maresuke (following the death of the Meiji Emperor) to take his own life, writing the letter to his only friend to explain his decision.

Steroyd

animegaf help.

Been enjoying the new Hunter x hunter anime.

Would watching the old show and/or read the manga 'ruin' the new show for me?

Yes it will ruin the new show for you, for the better.

holy balls the old hunter x hunter anime is a lot different from the new one. A lot darker vs the new one feels more... dragon ball.

Yeah, the point is that HxH isn't your conventional shounen, not in the slightest.

Once upon a time, I looked forward to the keion movie.

No longer.

http://i.imgur.com/GUZaB.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You can see the fear in Yui and Mio's eyes.

[quote="Dance In My Blood, post: 33310157"]Not how I interpreted this episode at all.
[spoiler]Dude's been throwing his life away for the benefit of others since he was just a kid.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

And not once did he think about how [i]they[/i] felt, the selfish bugger.

Shouta

Lol, it's super cheesy so far but man the casting is actually really good. Aragaki Yui as Akane is ridiculously cute. They got the perfect folks for Souun, Nabiki, and Kasumi too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom